PDA

View Full Version : reef safe tang or dwarf angel

despot101
08/16/2001, 08:25 AM
what would be a good tang or dwarf angel that is not too difficult to care for, doesnt get too large, and is reef safe? thanks...it would be going with a pair of false clowns and a maybe a cardinal of some type,

hcs3
08/16/2001, 09:45 AM
what size tank?

henry

despot101
08/16/2001, 09:49 AM
just a 20 for the time being, once they begin to get larger i have 55 i will be able to move them into i just want to set up the 20 now cuz i can afford it basically and gain more knowledge while i save up for the 55's lighting and other equipment...if dwarf angels or tangs would be too large and/or not reef safe could u suggest any other fish that would be good?

hcs3
08/16/2001, 10:54 AM
hi despot

it'd be best if you'd forget about a tang. even a 55g is considered awefully small for tangs. if i HAD to have a tang in a 55g, it'd be a juvenile hepatus.

a 55g will suit a dwarf angel nicely. they do, however, nip at corals on some ocassions, and may become territorial in the smaller 55g.

for now, with your 20g, i'd recommend you stay awy from both angels and tangs. take the time with the 20g to learn basic husbandry with easier fish. that way you'll be better prepared when it comes time to set up your larger tank.

countless gobies and blennies would be perfect for you 20g. pick up an atlas and search out those fish. i think you'll discover that gobies, being the largest marine fish family, offers a variety to suit every taste.

when you get a small list of gobies or blennys, post back and we'll help you narrow down the selection.

HTH

henry

hcs3
08/16/2001, 10:57 AM
BTW,

[welcome]