PDA

View Full Version : Finally Here in Philly.

invisibleman
08/15/2001, 08:19 PM
I finally arrived in philly after a long summer. Just moved here from California. Going to start school in a few weeks. Wanted to take this time to shop for some materials. I am looking to set up a 25 gallon tall minireef. I had to give my corals from my 20 gallon in CA. :(
Any suggestions on where I can get started to buy a tank, stand etc.? Oh and also, where can I get RO or DI water in Philly to set up the tank? Does Hidden Reef sell water?

Green Mariner
08/16/2001, 06:41 AM
For a tank try Aquarium discount in NJ, they have the best tank prices around, as far as R.O./D.I. goes sorry can't help you there, I have my own unit, but World Wide Aquarium in Upper Darby used to sell it, not sure if they still do.

HTH

amonhen
08/16/2001, 09:51 AM
Where are you going to school? Most university biology and chemistry departments have ro/di water on tap; if you ask a professor or TA real nice and tell them what it is for, you can probably get it for free, real close to home.

--Jeff

SeaMac
08/18/2001, 08:27 PM
Invisibleman,

Welcome to Philly! :) The Hidden Reef is a pretty good all-around store... they have decent prices on hard goods, usually a good selection of livestock, and they do sell RO/DI water. HTH.

Chris