PDA

View Full Version : My anenome

sandman12
03/04/2004, 06:38 PM
I have a green tip hatian as many of u know. It has a red base with green tips and fat tenticals. It just doesnt seem to happy in my tank and wont attach to anything (not much room for him). SO i was wondering if some one will give me some frags from him. I have 192 watts of PC and like zoos, shrooms, just about all corals:D . If no one wants him i guess it will go to the lfs:( .

Thanks
James
milkmanf12@aol.com

Agu
03/04/2004, 10:43 PM
James,

Do you have the scientific name ? From your description and seeing what little that showed while I was at your place it's hard to actually identify it. Depending on the species I may be interested.

Agu

sandman12
03/05/2004, 07:15 AM
yeah, iam really not sure. I have never seen one like it and the lfs called it a green tip hatian (go figure). Iam really not sure.

Agu
03/05/2004, 10:46 PM
Did a little homework...

The only caribbean anemones are condylactus and flower/rock anemones. The red base threw me off as the condys I've seen/had have tan stems, however the condy's sold as "haitian" have red stems. They're known to wander, ime usually into a powerhead :rolleyes: . If they find a location they like they'll stay there a long time and look great, then they'll wander into a powerhead intake looking for a better location :( .

They're pretty hardy and I'd just recommend leaving it alone, it'll find it's place in your tank.

imo,fwiw,

Agu

sandman12
03/06/2004, 04:05 PM
ok thanks. Iam still willing to trade for frags:D . thanks for the info.