PDA

View Full Version : Next MTRC meeting... The date is...

Oldschooler
03/03/2004, 11:50 PM
...Sunday, March 21 at approximately 5:30 pm. To meet at Ebay (until further notice), but then *probably* to Cancun or-? Is this agreed and cool with everyone?

I, myself, won't be there, but Sean will, so I guess he will be ring-leader until someone else steps forward. It is a strange and sad but true fact that about half of us can make it on saturdays and the other half on sundays. By my guesstimations (I'm still compiling data for the contact pages), we have about 60-to-70 as-of-yet unofficial members and would-be members (as in, "would-be" only because they've only just heard about it, can't make the meetings, etc.).

But, if possible, I'd like a sort of "roll call" to know who is and isn't coming, as well as a sort of affirmation that everyone agrees this IS the date of the next meeting, so I can get on the horn and contact those who've missed the first two meetings. I'm no coral "guru", so forgive me my measly contribution (that of lighting the fire under you scurvy mates' butts! Argh!).

~"Capt. Longbeard"

Countzer0
03/04/2004, 12:01 AM
prolly can't make it ... sniff sniff ... freakin werk ... if someone would be so kind as to make notes or minutes at the meeting I will post them on the web .... arrg or it bes the plank for ya ... savy!

P.S looking into maybe changing the website to MTRC.org ( .com is taken) ... little better sounding eh?

Fullertime
03/04/2004, 12:18 AM
I notice that the last posts here appear to say posted on March 4th, 2004... when in fact it is March 3rd right now(and I'm not Michael J. Fox).

Does anyone know why?

Is the server one day ahead?

fuller

Sir Knight
03/04/2004, 01:03 AM
fuller,
If it is your post go into your profile and set the time to -4 hours GMT. That should set it to central time
Hope this helps

wooglin
03/04/2004, 11:59 AM
Sorry cant make it. Have small group for church on the First and Third Sundays of the month, and its hosted at my house.

aquaman67
03/04/2004, 12:02 PM
I can't make it either, I work on Sundays...

kevlouie
03/04/2004, 12:09 PM
Can we not have them through the week, maybe Fri night or is that "date" night for everybody?

Countzer0
03/04/2004, 12:10 PM
i could make it if it were on i dunno say a Sat! ..... muahhah

wooglin
03/04/2004, 12:34 PM
To be honest I figured Sat. would be the best day for everyone, since no church, most dont work Sat. night, etc. Its odd how we all have different times.

coralreefing
03/04/2004, 12:56 PM
countzer0
MTRC.org sounds good. It appears Mass Transit Railway Co.(Hong Kong) registered .com this week. Do you think they heard about us... BTW check out www.doteasy.com we've been using them for a few years with no prolem. Their rates for registration & hosting are $25 year or if you sign up for three years it's $18 year. You can get three years for what you pay for one. Or if you like I can buy this one.

Chris

A. Critter Killer
03/04/2004, 02:33 PM
Many people with children had complaints about how late the Sat. meeting was. Remember, we need to figure out what is best for the club, not just what is best for us at E-Bay. Niether myself nor Rob absolutely has to be present for the meetings, but we would enjoy being there. Take this for what you will. ----Sean

kevlouie
03/04/2004, 03:49 PM
Well we want everybody to come that can.

1/2 the people can't come Sat and 1/2 can't come Sun, so why not through the week like Mon-Fri night?????

Countzer0
03/04/2004, 05:22 PM
cool coralreefing ... yeah i get 2 years for 7.95 but yeah i will check out their hosting plans ... i will have to wait till i get back form Gatlinburg on Tuesday to register it ...

reewik
03/04/2004, 06:54 PM
Ok , I sometimes have to work till 7 on Fridays. I can make it either of the days on the weekend. I guess The point is we cannot make every one happy. I prefer it be earlier if possible. The 5:30 time frame sounds great. Also consider when we host as someones house that if they have kids we do not want to keep the kids up all night.

fishdoc11
03/04/2004, 07:14 PM
I would be fine with Fri, Sat or Sun night at 5:30. I would even be fine with Sat or Sun at say 1:00.
Chris

reewik
03/04/2004, 07:30 PM
Thats a good point. Sean you take a break and come to part of a meeting.. Maybe the afternoon would be a better option.

Mimi
03/04/2004, 09:32 PM
I'll be there no matter when or where....just let me know. So so far I guess I'll be there on Sunday at 5:30pm.
:)

CatDog
03/05/2004, 11:20 AM
I'm in, the 21st works for me. In general, Sunday afternoons work better than Fri/Sat nights.

CatDog