PDA

View Full Version : March Meeting

JJM
03/02/2004, 04:46 PM
I know its early , and its on St Pats Day , but we would like to get a feel for how many are coming . We are trying to get a handle on how much printed material we will need, or need for a second raffle prize ,...so when you know , please vote

MadTownMax
03/02/2004, 06:06 PM
since it's on St. Patty's day does that mean we get to celibrate after the meeting? Or are we going to just have a lot of green frags to auction-off and trade :D

JJM
03/02/2004, 06:18 PM
celebrate however and whenever you see fit Sir.

JJM
03/05/2004, 08:46 AM
^

JJM
03/06/2004, 06:21 PM
halfway Scout !

JJM
03/09/2004, 06:25 AM

Tbor
03/10/2004, 06:15 PM
I got a couple of nays that responded to my email... Prior obligations and such.
Later

chawee
03/12/2004, 08:17 AM
If you haven't already... please be sure to take the poll when you read this thread.

Thanks,
Chalie

JJM
03/13/2004, 01:19 PM

JJM
03/14/2004, 05:25 PM

JJM
03/16/2004, 08:27 AM
please remeber we are accepting membership dues at this meeting !!!! $$$ only

chawee
03/17/2004, 12:13 PM
Delaware area reefers, come out and join us!!

The DRC meeting is tonight at the Bear Library. The official start time 7:30pm but an informal gathering will begin at 6:30... that will give us time to register new members who will be eligible to win one of three prizes in our monthly raffle. March's top prize is a $275 skimmer donated by Euro-Reef (for a pic see the March’s Raffle thread).

Also, hear this month’s featured speaker (DRC member Doug Thompson) give a presentation on his 300g reef tank.

Hope to see you there.
Chalie

kwjones
03/17/2004, 01:50 PM
Any idea what's on tonight's agenda so we can start thinking about it before we get there? My wife has been in a few kennel clubs and for horse breeding and showing. She brought up a few good points that we may want to discuss tonight. The most successful clubs she has been a member have 2 things we don’t…lot’s of members and money. It’s hard to get one without the other.

A few questions I would like to bring up tonight: (I apologize if some may have already been covered last month and I forgot the answers, or are planning on being covered tonight anyway.)

How close are we to obtaining a Non-Profit tax exemption status?

What plans do we have for fundraising?

Do all of our sponsors have to be reef related? How does anyone feel about offering some advertising to other local businesses that aren’t necessarily reef related for a few hundred bucks a year? Glass shops for drilling, custom cut glass, hardware stores for DIY projects, other type pet stores for the four legged animals in the house, maybe a bank to mortgage your house for another tank…just throwing some ideas out there.

How are we advertising the club other than word of mouth, flyers at pet stores, the web site and Reef Central? Can we do more? Do we want to do more?

Not to turn every member into an Amway salesman, but here’s a few sites about fundraising that I didn’t think were too bad. I’ll admit I didn’t look at much of the details, I just did a Google search and found them.

http://www.joecorbi.com/Web2/home/home.asp (This wasn’t part of the Google search, but someone where my wife works is always selling these, and my wife keeps buying them. In fact I just ate one last night.)

http://www.fundraising.com/

http://www.fund-raising.com/

http://www.fundraisingdepot.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/index_page.html

JJM
03/17/2004, 01:59 PM
1)see our webpage for overview of tonights agenda , in addition we will review the Clubs constitution and bylaws
2) were collecting dues tonite , thus $$$ plus we have sponsor donations that we hope to get a 50% return on. We will update tonite
3) we have a bank account and a EIN , so we can get Non-Profit tax exemption status at any time , club can vote ,..there are pros/cons
4) we (as a BOD) have fundraising ideas to share , hopefully members will to
5) IMO / sponsors do not have to be reef related / but we can discuss
6) size of club can be debated forever, we talked about this at our BOD meeting ,...there are varying opinions ,...to small sucks , too big , to political , whats the right mix? , you decide , its your club

each person who becomes a member tonite will recieve a packet and id card and many of your good questions will be answered

see ya all tonite

JJM

JJM
03/17/2004, 02:17 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Do all of our sponsors have to be reef related? How does anyone feel about offering some advertising to other local businesses that aren’t necessarily reef related for a few hundred bucks a year? Glass shops for drilling, custom cut glass, hardware stores for DIY projects, other type pet stores for the four legged animals in the house, maybe a bank to mortgage your house for another tank…just throwing some ideas out there.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this sounds like sponsorship sub-commitee material to me !!!!!
any volunteers ?????

kwjones
03/17/2004, 02:32 PM
LOL...I'd volunteer, but have too many other obligations...wife is into dog shows. :D

OH...club dues question...

The $20. Is that per person or per household?

Scout
03/17/2004, 02:41 PM
As of now it is per person. The main idea is that all people who are participating in the raffles are members. Will discuss with BOD tonight before the meeting and will let you know if this changes.

Mike