PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Calfo Speaking on Long Island, NY - March 13th

JohnL
03/01/2004, 05:39 PM
Anthony Calfo will be speaking at the Long Island Reef Association at 3PM March 13th.

Anthony was born in Hawaii and lives in Pennsylvania. He is a lifelong aquarist and an aquarium industry professional that has worked the better part of the last decade as a commercial coral farmer and wholesaler, producing cultured reef invertebrates in a greenhouse environment for the ornamental and zoological trade.

Anthony has authored the reef aquarium books, "Book of Coral Propagation, Volume 1" (ReadingTrees.com) & “Reef Invertebrates�, and numerous articles for print and electronic journals at large. He travels frequently to visit organizations and clubs to present information on the aquatic sciences. Anthony co-founded the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarist Society with the inimitable Bob Dolan. Schooled at Carnegie-Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, he has degree in English Literature.

For more info visit: www.lireef.org

marinefish
03/02/2004, 06:01 PM
Hi John, Anthony Calfo will be appearing at the Brooklyn Aquarium Society on Friday March 12. He will be at our meeting starting at 7:30 PM. I guess a full weekend of Anthony, Bernie:) :)

JohnL
03/02/2004, 06:24 PM
Cool, Bernie :thumbsup: If I can make it Friday, I'll bring some tang food for you ;)

JToddyBAS
03/03/2004, 12:41 PM
Hi John and Bernie, and everyone... I have been in contact with Anthony and he will be bringing copies of his new book with him for the meeting.... We will sell it at a good BAS discount.. he will also have copies of his first book for anyone that does not have it... I think he will be staying with me when he is here. I will let you know.
John

:rollface: