PDA

View Full Version : clown not doing to good, I think

seaker
03/01/2004, 12:43 AM
my black ocellaris that I got from sea dwelling creatures yesterday ain't looking to good. I need help. yesterday I drip acclimated him for over 4 hours. for the past 9 hours hes pretty much been in one spot of my nano cube. the top left corner just above the sump intake. He is swimming at a 45degree angle and the top part of him is right at the surface. he is moving but isn't going anywhere. he did move for a little while after I turned the lights off but now he is right back where he was. Is it normal for them to be almost sideways, tail and fins going but not getting anywhere? I changed a little over a gallon of water. It's a 12 gal nano cube. I don't have a test for ammonia. it went bad.
nitrite 0
nitrate 20
ph 8.4
temp 82
I also have a red head goby and a cleaner shrimp, they seem to be doing fine. I put some krill in for the clown and he just sucked it in and spit it back out. the cleaner ate it though. what do I do?

Konadog
03/01/2004, 10:38 AM
seaker, I read all the responses over in the SCMAS forum.
How is the clown doing today? It sounds like he just needs time to get use to his new surroundings. Don't over feed trying to get him to eat and pollute your tank, it won't take much for a nano. Fish can go a few days without food, so don't worry. Hope all is well today!

seaker
03/01/2004, 02:55 PM
I checked at 8am with the lights out. I couldn't see him, so I opened the drape and let some light in. he was swimming around a little. I checked back a little later and he's right back where he was swimming in place. The lights gonna come on in 20 min. then I'll put a little food in and see what happens.

Konadog
03/01/2004, 05:02 PM
He sound fine, just freaked! Again, don't over feed and pollute the tank, that will cause a whole different set of problems. Do you know any of the tank parameters? Ph, Nitrate, Ammonia....... Might be good to start monitoring these.

seaker
03/01/2004, 05:14 PM
he ate and has been swimming around since the lights came on. I also posted this in the scmas forum and got a lot of responses, thanks for the help. I only put a little food in. the cleaner shrimp is eating it now.