PDA

View Full Version : Fraggers

royb
02/29/2004, 08:42 PM
Hey fellow fraggers.

Well I see people are always buying, selling and trading corals through this forum. I stumbled on to a web site that was created entirely for local frag swapping. The address is www.localfraggers.com

I sell and trade a lot of my corals through the site and get a lot of traffic. You guys should check it out.

Roy

bookfish
03/01/2004, 04:56 PM
You should point out that you own the site so you don't get a raft of **** like on the BARE forum.-Jim

RustySnail
03/02/2004, 02:20 AM
The way it's setup; you have to 'join' before you can look at what is avail. What's up with that? Collecting marketing info for re-sell is one thing that comes to mind...

royb
03/02/2004, 02:57 AM
RustySnail,

You bring up an interesting point about not being able to see the coral before you join. The reason that I force you to join before you can see any of the coral is that the site is location driven. When you join the site you choose the locations that you would like to trade/sell/buy from. I will rework the main login screen so that you can see the total member/coral counts and maybe even view the last 10 corals added. To give people a taste of what the site is really about.

I assure you that I’m not releasing any of the member’s information. This site was created initially for SOCAL. I created this site to give back to all the people that have helped me in this hobby. I got such good responses from them that I decide...why not offer it to everyone.

I hope you all enjoy the site

Roy

RustySnail
03/02/2004, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the reply Roy... Glad to hear that the site is not intended for marketing purposes! You had us all worried with that 'covert' post. Really no need to do that; we are always happy to hear about frag trading websites/services...

-Russ