PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pods..

Doan
02/29/2004, 06:15 PM
Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone here in the Pittsburgh area might know the best place to get some Live Sand with an abundence of pods. I have a 55 gallon and about 60 lbs of LR. I have a manderine goby and it is just driving me insane. We have been up and running for six months and that SHOULD work pod wise from what I have read.. There seems to be enough to take care of him however I am no good at should (I like to be on the safe side) and he frustrates me with his refusal to eat anything (believe it or not he was eating live brine in the pet store but in my tank he just won't touch it). If I could just get some good sand with pods and I could make a rock pile for him I would feel so much better about the whole situation. I do sales for a living and am all over the area so distance or location is not an issue at all. If you guys could please just point us in the right direction that would be helpful.

Thank you

Jeremy and Nicole

musicsmaker
02/29/2004, 07:45 PM
Your best bet would be to get a pod pile like you said, and start a refugium. A refugium with some chaetomorpha growing in it is a great place for pods to reproduce. Another thing that would help them along (supposedly) is to start dosing phytoplankton.

Adam
03/01/2004, 11:47 AM
Jeremy,

I will bring you a bit of sand and some pods at the next meeting.

And for the road:

golem_eye asks: how do you feel about brian??

family_guy_stewie: I despise that vile hound with every fiber of my being. But as an ally, I would still choose him over the French.

See you at the next meeting!

Adam

Doan
03/01/2004, 04:27 PM
LOL that quote was great thank you very much adam. As per musicmakers advice I just bought a refugium and a light and fedex should have it here by friday so your sand would be great with helping to seed it thank you very much.

DOan