PDA

View Full Version : Info for da website

Countzer0
02/28/2004, 12:31 PM
Just thought it could use its own thread. I am putting together the website and in need of material ...the webdesign comes easy for me, filling in all the blank spaces with words not so good (come on Roberto your the man with the 1000 word posts hehe).... here are the things i could use:

Mission statement .... or something to put on the frontpage, who we are, what we are about ...

Articles .... DIY (pokes rcmike mr calcium reactor), Beginner info, fragging info, any kind of care topic ect ...

Pictures ... from the meetings, tank pics ...(thanks fishdoc for your pics!) Your reef room ... yes i will be stealing those pics of the web muhahah but feel free to send some nice resolution pics

directory info .... ok the plans are to have a members directory with Name, email, website & RC handle most of this i can get from Robert... if you don't want your emial listed (no i will not be selling this to anyone... i promise :) ) please let me know. Also any buisness that sells supplies or livestock ... i put the obvious 3 but i need Phishy Buisness addy and number and any other ... i know there has to be some in east TN

Like i said i kinda took this on the web address is tnreefers.com (still not up yet) its already registered and paid for so i can't really change it .... sorry prolly should have taken a pole ... doh

reewik
02/28/2004, 10:54 PM
No big deal, you took the steps to set up the web site and that alone is great. No worries about the name. The title on the site can be changed to wahever we want right?

As far as a mission statement, boy thats tough. " To Educate and understand the working of the reef aquarium." " To properly propigate corals and spread knowledge to those in need". "To share ideas and knowledge with fellow reefers." Just some ideas.

As far as pics just go to my gallery. Or my web site, you are welcome to take any you need.

This is going to be a difficult site I would ckeck out other sites and see what all they have.

Thanks man!

A. Critter Killer
02/28/2004, 10:57 PM
I believe 'Berto had come up with a mission statement or ethics statement or something...Oh Well. ---Sean

Countzer0
02/28/2004, 11:10 PM
Ok the website is up it is still under massive repair! some of the pages are empty some links don't werk ect ... but it will give you a general idea. http://tnreefers.com ....

reewik
02/28/2004, 11:13 PM
Looking good so far Jason.

Oldschooler
02/28/2004, 11:18 PM
Because I am both verbose and loquacious, as well as *normally* exact in my structure, syntax, and spelling, I will take you up on your offer to construct a [proposed] mission statement... Everyone, feel free to change anything you do not like...

Proposed Mission Statement:

#1: To serve, in some small way, to help preserve the world's coral reefs through the active support of husbandry and propogation of reef organisms in captivity.

#2: To assist those engaged in the reefkeeping hobby and industry through EDUCATION, as well as fraternization.

#3: To provide a haven whereby the reefkeeping hobbyist may find like-minded individuals with which to associate and to encourage others by offering ourselves as examples.

and finally...

#4: To support, financially or otherwise, legitimate organizations with similar goals to that of this club.

...Whadday'all think???

A. Critter Killer
02/28/2004, 11:31 PM
"Robert, I have never met anyone who was educated enough to tell me that, and eloquent enough to expain it to me."

Adapted from Tim C. lol, you had to be there! ----Sean

Oldschooler
02/28/2004, 11:33 PM
Cold, man. Really cold. But hellafunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. Critter Killer
02/28/2004, 11:34 PM
HAHA, I though you'd like that. ----Sean

reewik
02/28/2004, 11:40 PM
I like this one the best:

#1: To serve, in some small way, to help preserve the world's coral reefs through the active support of husbandry and propogation of reef organisms in captivity.

Or an adjustment:

To serve, in some small way, to help preserve the world's coral reefs through the education and active support of the husbandry and propogation of reef organisms in captivity.

Oldschooler
02/29/2004, 12:20 AM
Sounds good, but we've gotta re-work the English... It reads a little long, now. We should re-word it again...

"To serve, in some small way, to help preserve the world's coral reefs through education, husbandry, and the captive propogation of reef organisms."

I know. I'm a Nerd with a capital "N", but hey- at least no-one will be able to say we're AMATEUR nerds! LOL

~Roberto

fishdoc11
02/29/2004, 09:52 AM
Sounds good Robert!
Chris

foggy54
02/29/2004, 09:15 PM
There's no place like home.

Oldschooler
02/29/2004, 09:17 PM
John: GREAT SHOT, man!
Chris: Thanks, man.
Eric: Thanks, man.

foggy54
02/29/2004, 09:29 PM
Chillin

picture the reef
02/29/2004, 11:38 PM
John, Is that a tricinctus in you shot?:D

foggy54
03/01/2004, 08:56 AM
elagance coral, with a clown gobie?

picture the reef
03/01/2004, 09:06 AM
I was talking about the first shot.:D

aquaman67
03/01/2004, 09:07 PM
How about add this to the directory for us notherners...

Pet Palace
2448 Highway 41A Bypass
Clarksville, TN 37043
(931) 647-7387

They carry fish and a limited suppy of corals. The manager, Wade is supposedly opening his own store downtown.

Countzer0
03/02/2004, 11:15 PM
ok website is updated (not completed but getting better) gallery updated thanks for all the pics ...keep sending them ... still need more info ... did a test run of a php chatroom ... it ran but it had some bugs so i am going to keep working on that but we may have our own chatroom soon!!!

Sir Knight
03/03/2004, 12:49 AM
Just wanted to compliment all of you on your new website. It is looking good.

As a reef club you may want to consider joining MASNA. They have a lot of helpful information about local clubs, setup, etc.
Also they have an annual conference with a lot of well know people. This year it is in Boston

Here is a link their website http://www.masna.org/

:beer: