PDA

View Full Version : Links to an Ebay auction

reefskinner
08/12/2001, 06:31 PM
Am I the only one who gets irritated by these? I hate it when I am looking through the posts, (mostly in the trading section) and they have a link to Ebay for the item they are selling. I do search for things on Ebay sometimes, but when I want to look on Ebay I go to Ebay not RC.

Just venting.......
Shawn

Clyde
08/12/2001, 07:53 PM
i posted the same Q a few months ago and was 'shot down' not really.. but thats what was told to me..

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=5813&highlight=ebay

Starmy
08/13/2001, 09:37 AM
I posted an ebay link once, not to my auction, but for an auction I thought others might be interested in. I posted it in the Equip Trading forum, and I see nothing wrong with doing so. It was a great deal (6ft. lifereef skimmer starting at $75), and I guarantee you we have some people here who aren't familiar with ebay and wouldn't be able to find the auctions on their own.

Posting their auction here is a way for the seller to make sure that all their bases are covered. The idea of an auction is to get as many interested parties as possible, and this is one of the best resources for potenially interested parties.

Mako
08/13/2001, 09:51 AM
I agree with Starmy. What's the issue with Ebay?? Just another way of trying to find a new home for unused reefing equipment which I know we all are interested in.

dc
08/13/2001, 10:01 AM
The thing I hate about that is, you go to classifieds, scope out something you like, and it's an ebay link. You have to wait for days and worry about someone else outbidding you. Now an alert ebay is totally different to me, but shouldn't be in the classifieds. If I want to ebay shop I can just go there
:)

budhaboy
08/13/2001, 10:18 AM
besides you have to watch the classifieds in this place like a vulture circling a dying cow- seems everytime I find something in equipment or animals section its already gone(even if its only been up for 5 minutes...)

JohnL
08/13/2001, 02:25 PM
As with most things.... we're damned if we do and damned if we don't :D Personally, I don't like it either but odds are just as many people will be upset as will be happy if we prevent those posts.

dc
08/13/2001, 02:34 PM
WHAT! I'm not the only one who counts?
:D