PDA

View Full Version : March Frag Swap (List what you're bringing)

Jeremy B.
02/26/2004, 08:24 PM
Ok......I am making this the official thread for the March meeting frag swap. Make a list of what you have available, or what you are going to bring.

I will have plenty of Acropora valida/secale (Purple Tip Tri-color)
1 or 2 pieces of sky blue A. millepora
1 piece green plating Montipora

Sc4r3d
02/27/2004, 11:45 AM
i want tri and one of the sky blue.

I have monti digita green, orange
cap.. orange, green, pink
xenia
shrooms
a few zoo's
Brand new GenX 40 pump new in box
larry jackson purple tipped monster
purple tipped acro
im sure i am forgetting something

scott

Jeremy B.
02/27/2004, 04:00 PM
I am interested in trading a piece for the purple tip acro that you have. Is it a stag or just a regular cluster?

CORALHEAD317
02/27/2004, 05:17 PM
I will be bringing at least 8 liters of greenwater and cash. Here is a list of what I would like to trade/buy:

sps corals
colored acros
orange monti
bangaii's (tank raised only)
stomatela snails

hope to see you all there

John

Sc4r3d
02/27/2004, 08:42 PM
Jeremy Ill shoot some pics of what I have and post on here.

newlinj
02/28/2004, 10:22 AM
Jeremy, I would also like one of your sky blue milleporas. Here's what I plan to bring.
Tricolor acro
Green acro
Blastomussa Merletti
Neon green Caulastrea
Light green Caulastrea
Orange Montipora Capricornus
Chaetomorpha

pinkiron
02/28/2004, 04:35 PM
not sure what i will bring. i dont have much my tank is mostly young frags im trying to grow. i will be looking to purchase stuff tho.

newlinj: i would like that blastomussa merletti

catdoc
02/28/2004, 07:37 PM
Newbie with no frags to trade, but would like to find some good beginner corals to buy. What do frags tend to go for?? I'll study up on the frags that I see listed so I know what I could try. Zoos and shrooms?

Thanks and see you there!

Christy

Sc4r3d
02/28/2004, 07:43 PM
I would go with softies, they are pretty hearty. Stay away from SPS unless your tank is over 6 months or so, I wouldnt go with sps unless you think your ready, softies are a bit boring, but a good start, shrooms can live out of water they are so darn strong haha... not really but they are really hearty.

Scott

BigReef
02/29/2004, 10:52 AM
Hey all, the new smaller tank is up and running! Thanks to those who brought me frags at the last meeting!

Alas, no frags to bring........ well, except some blue stripe shrooms.

But I do have some euipment/stuff to trade.

Large Beckett skimmer (36 in tall)
Chaeto, several small bags
couple hundred lbs of live sand.
couple hundred lbs of live rock
25 gal partitioned tank
265 gal tank and stand (sold to Shawn)
Lots of other misc stuff

Oh, and cash!

Jeremy, I'll take 1 frag of everything in your tank!

Here is a list of what I'm looking for.

Green monti cap
orange monti cap
purple monti cap
orange digitata
purple digitata
larry jackson purple monster
pink, millepora
Basically any sps there is.........

Thanks in advance.

Tim

matt the fiddler
03/01/2004, 10:40 PM
i have a young tank nothing super rare that is fragged yet. with with some GSP, shrooms, xenia, and a possible colt coral and baby rics to trade.. gonna give my zoo frags a little more grow out time...
interested in mainly zoos, other nice softies. etc.

adminrxb
03/02/2004, 12:58 AM
Hmmm ... What do you say Jeremy?

Jeremy B.
03/02/2004, 09:22 AM
What am I saying about what? :)

shaw
03/02/2004, 10:43 AM
Tim

i will be bringing you some stuff this weekend at work, as well as glen
shawn

pinkiron
03/03/2004, 07:05 PM
I forgot my sons wedding shower is that day. Its down home where im from so i will be attending it and not be able to make the meeting. I am going to try and get my friend Justin to attend and pick some things up or me, he will probably have some stuff too but im not sure what. Hope everyone has fun! wish i could be there.

lajohnston
03/08/2004, 08:57 AM
Hey BigReef I'm interested in your live sand and blue mushrooms.

I don't have anything to trade right now - but I've got cash! :D

Laurie

Hooked4life
03/08/2004, 09:38 AM
My sps are pretty much still all frags, but I do have some zooanthids.

I'm looking for blue or purple zoos

the zoos I have are

orange
orange with purple
teal green
bright green
yellow
dark pink

Any takers?

:cool:

lajohnston
03/08/2004, 09:52 AM
me, me, me, me, me :strooper:

is cash okay

(all my corals are mostly frags too, so nothing to trade - yet!)

Hooked4life
03/08/2004, 10:15 AM
Cash is always good :thumbsup:

TYRYFIN
03/08/2004, 02:20 PM
I hope to bring some of the following:

1. Pink birdsnest
2. Green birdsnest
3. Green Slimmers
4. Purple Acro
5. Orange motipora digi
6. Tri-color Acro
7. Small leathers
8. Brown Montipora Cap
9. Hopefully a couple of colt corals if they attach in time.
10. Green Star polyps

I think thats enough

Sc4r3d
03/09/2004, 08:58 AM
Well I just found out on sat, that my brother is flying in from NY to hang out with me and the wife, and the baby. So I am going to have to miss this meeting, I wont miss the next one thats for sure! I dont see him often so I am going to have to pass on the meeting, unless I can talk him into going, but its a long drive to go to indy to pick him up go to Terre Haute, back to indy, back to TH, then back to Indy on sunday to the airport then back to TH. Kinda a lot of driving. So I think I am going to miss this one, I will keep you informed if something changes.

:(

Scott

catdoc
03/10/2004, 09:10 PM
Not a frag, but I finally caught the large red brittle star that was in my tank. He's banished to my QT tank until I find him a home. He's not guilty of anything bad, I just heard that they might kill sleeping jawfish and I got worried. I could bring him with me Saturday if anyone is interested. PM me if you want him, otherwise he's going to the LFS.

matt the fiddler
03/10/2004, 09:41 PM
how big is he?

catdoc
03/10/2004, 10:07 PM
Hard to say since he's always hiding, I would guess his legs to each be about 5 or 6 inches.

Fourseahorsemen
03/11/2004, 01:34 PM
Well I was going to go to the ICC on Sunday, but I am thinking of comming to your guys meeting if that is cool. There seems to be limited interest in SPS in the ICC and that is where my interest is. I have several nice acro colonies that are ready to frag for trade, but they will be unmounted (or freshly mounted!). I will post pics tonight, so I can be sure that they are not the same as anyone else has.

I would be interested in:
Tyryfin's green slimer, purple acro, and tricolor
Jeremy's secale and skyblue milli
newlinj's tricolor acro and green acro

Thank's
Jeff

sand man dan
03/11/2004, 02:39 PM
JEFF,
that is cool you are more than welcome to come as is everyone else. see you there.
danny

Fourseahorsemen
03/11/2004, 08:24 PM
these are three that are ready to frag:

Scrips Staghorn from ORA
ftp://fourseahorsemen.com/images/march04reef/scripsstagsm.jpg

Walt Smith aquacultured (verweyi?)
ftp://fourseahorsemen.com/images/march04reef/wsverweyism.jpg

Purple Tip Acro sp (grown from 1/2" frag)
ftp://fourseahorsemen.com/images/march04reef/purpletipspsm.jpg

let me know if anyone is intersted,
4C

Fourseahorsemen
03/11/2004, 08:43 PM
o.k. I you can't link directly toimages on a ftp site and I can't edit my webpage to post the images so go to my ftpsite linked below to see the images:
ftp://fourseahorsemen.com/images/march04reef/

matt the fiddler
03/12/2004, 01:17 AM
oh i found hiding at the back of my tank- a 4-5 polyp frag off this zoo colony. anyone interesting in me bringing? [skirts a little more yellow than the pic shows] it has a clone of that ric on the rock too.

adminrxb
03/12/2004, 01:29 AM
Fourseahorsemen,

I am getting authentication dialog. Please check and let us know.

sand man dan
03/12/2004, 06:33 AM
matt,
im interested. i have some zoos im bringing and some other softies, if thats what you are into. i dont have any sps.
will be bringing
pom pom xenia
the encrusting type of xenia
african green tree
green sinularia
solid bright orange zoos
gold/yellow orange center zoos
chocolate/pink center
purple shrooms
large colt frag
and a few others i cant remember right now.
danny

Jeremy B.
03/12/2004, 09:13 AM
Fourseahorsemen,

I am getting authentication dialog. Please check and let us know.

Same here.....

Fourseahorsemen
03/12/2004, 04:44 PM
Argh! I guess that my ftp server will not let others access my folders. How about if everyone holds their can to their ear and pulls a little tighter!

Let's try this, If anyone wants to see pictures then I will email them tonight. If I get confirmation that anyone wants to trade frags then I can still do that tommorow AM, before the meeting.

Thanks,
Jeff

Fourseahorsemen
03/12/2004, 09:18 PM
o.k. I got emails from newlinj and Sc4r3d and will be fraging some for them. Tyryfin, I am still interested in your slimer, purle acro and tri color. Jeremy, I still would like the milli and secale. If you are both still coming to the meeting then maybe I will just go ahead and bring a half dozen frags and you can see then if you already have them or not.
Thanks,
Jeff

justgettinstarted
03/13/2004, 02:12 PM
i cant come to this meeting cause i have to work/ and head up to chicago... but i want to come to the next one

here is what i have right now to trade:

Orange monti cap
green monti cap
red/purp monti cap
awesome purp with green polyp monti cap
green hydnophora
anacrapora
green maze brain
green closed brain
green acro mini colony (thin branches)(colony is 4" tall 3" around)
thick green acro from wild colony assorted sizes

thats all i can think of right now... but i am sure there is more stuff
pics avaliable if anyone wants to see

Fourseahorsemen
03/13/2004, 09:53 PM
Good to see/meet everyone. Thanks for all the frag trades. I spent about four hours rearanging rocks and placing frags when I got home. I touched or got stung by something, and my left hand went numb. My pinkie and second finger are still numb!

fkbsar
03/14/2004, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Yes, it was a great meeting. I am also glad to be able to put faces to the names that I see on the boards. Thanks also for all the frags. I also want to thank everyone who patiently took the time to answer all my newbie questions.

matt the fiddler
03/14/2004, 01:02 PM
"spent about four hours rearanging rocks and placing frags when I got home"

ha ha. ditto.... well. i took the 2nd half of the day to put in and finish my home grown 9 Gallon refuge. so during the drip on the frags i got, i was doing major work to my tank. luckily i had a place then to throw LR and some of my other frags once it was running

and i am in love with the frog spawn i got.. mmmmm

it was great to meet you all, and see what is happening with all your tanks.. looking forward to the next meeting.

also curious,
there were 2 or 3 people that were getting their first frags for their tanks yesterday- i would love to hear how getting the frags up and running is going.

fkbsar
03/14/2004, 04:47 PM
The GSP that I got from you is doing very well. Very pretty. I also got a piece from Dan. I glued them both to the same rock and they are just waving in the current (his is just a bit different). The Xenia is pulsing up a storm (hypnotizing). And the mushrooms are also glued to their own rock(although I think I glued one on upside down). The other one fell onto another rock and stuck but is open and happy. They are open except the one that I think I put on incorrectly. But other than that all is well. The zoos and the "unknown leather" that I got from Dan are open and are happy. I was thinking of putting the orange and the blues on the same rock but don't know just yet. My tank wasn't delivered today. The guy's friend didn't come to help him get it out of the basement so I will have to wait probably until next weekend to change to the 75. But other than that things are looking great. Thanks to all of you.

catdoc
03/14/2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks so much for the goodies I got! Matt, the zenia pulsed the whole time--the ride home, the acclimation, and into the tank. It looks happy. My peppermint shrimp came running over to groom them as soon as I put them in the tank, but didn't harass them. It was just like it was saying hi. LOL

Katrina, the zoas were already opening during acclimation and today they look glorious! I had some other zoas I'd bought online, thought they looked good until I got yours. Thanks!

I also got a rose bta and it's been fun watching it. It latched onto the rock immediately, then went for a walk. Funny animal. From its original placement, it marched about 8 inches to the right, under an arch, then 8 inches to the left on the BACK of the rock. Grrr...so its exactly where I originally placed it but on the back of the same rock. Oh well. If it decides to stay there, the rock is an easy one to turn around. In a couple of months, I'll get some clowns to keep it company (firefish going into QT on Wed, have to wait until they're done before getting clowns).

It was good to be able to put names with faces and I look forward to next month's meeting.

Thanks!

matt the fiddler
03/14/2004, 09:38 PM

Hooked4life
03/15/2004, 08:55 AM
Hey everybody, I had a great time and it was nice meeting everyone. I also spend several hours playing in the tank when I got home.

Fourseahorseman--let us know how you're doing. Any idea what "stung" you?

Christy, glad you like your zoas. Congrats on the rose BTA. The brittlestar is doing great, Thanks.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting. :cool:

matt the fiddler
03/15/2004, 11:05 AM
katrina- do you have the pics you brought online anyplace? i am interested in looking at the BTA split again, and some of your other tank pics...

also, no chance you will have any rose BTA's from that tank.. up for trade in a few months? i think some of the orange zoos will be ready then

Hooked4life
03/15/2004, 12:20 PM
Hi Matt,

Here's a thread from Reef Sanctuary that has those pics in it.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2522

I also have some pics in my gallery on that board, but I believe they are currently having technical difficulties.

Here's a link to my gallery on RAG. Those pictures are a little older than the ones on RS.

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/photos/showgallery.php?ppuser=1766&cat=500

I'm going to PM you about the Rose BTAs

Katrina

Fourseahorsemen
03/15/2004, 11:28 PM
Kat:
thanks for the concern, a few hours ago I still had a little tingly feeling but as I type I think my hand is A.O.K. It was not really that big a deal, just weird, I have heard of much more dramatic cases where people had to go to the emergency room. I think I must have gotten slimed by some zoanthid polyps, I moved a few rocks with those on them.
I checked out your gallery link, if those frags are about 5 months old I have some nice ones probably along the same growth timetable, lets trade some acro frags when they all are ready.
4C

Hooked4life
03/16/2004, 08:51 AM
Glad everything's okay 4C. I'd be happy to make some acro trades in the future.

matt the fiddler
03/21/2004, 01:28 PM
speaking of health issues...

indycop2038, didn't you get the cast off this week?