PDA

View Full Version : Any Recruiting ??

JJM
02/26/2004, 07:47 PM
Was just wondering if since our first meeting any of you told other reefers about DRC ?, and are there any potential new members? Your board has been busy designing the framework for a great and sustainable club. There will be alot to go over at the next meet ,From the bylaws and constitution, to field trips iniatives, sponsor updates , group promos and discounts. I believe everyone will be quite pleased with the progress.
So who all recruited some people?, and if you haven't , please consider doing so...I have one probable newbie to reefkeeping that may jump on board.....
JJM

aquajamieb
02/26/2004, 08:11 PM
I am newbie to reefing, and i cannot wait to attend the next meeting. See ya there.

MadTownMax
02/26/2004, 09:58 PM
aquajamieb - nice signature, I'm always comforted by my aquarium being expensive, if anyone ever tries to come steal my stuff, I'm pretty sure they won't be taking my tank:D!

aquajamieb
02/27/2004, 01:09 AM
maybe we should take out insurance on them!!

MadTownMax
02/27/2004, 08:50 AM
Well, I have renter's insurance to cover it, but that was more b/c I was was worried that it would fall through the floor :).

But, getting back on track....

JJM- I havent' been to the LFS's as much as I usually am lately as I've been working on plumbing my new Ampmaster, but I'll make an effort next time I go to casually mention it to anyone that I notice in the salt sections. I think that if we make it known throughout the club not to "bash" the LFS's, we might be able to rally some more support from employees recommending people to come to us.

-BTW, do we have anything posted at Newark Tropicals? I live across the street and could drop-off a flyer and have a talk with the guys - but I'm assuming you already have.

JJM
02/27/2004, 09:13 AM
I have not talked to them , If you want to make the contact, and give them the website to check out that would be helpful ,....I will PM you my email address and phone # and you can provide it to them if they are interested . I would be looking for a raffle item for inventory, or Gift Cert, then member discounts.They, in return would get a Web presence on our site..Pm to follow....
ps . I believe it IS understood that there will be no public bashing , chit chat and input on experiances one on one between club members is the appropiate way to go...JJM

MadTownMax
02/27/2004, 10:44 AM
Sounds great got your PM, I'll see if I have any time after work today, otherwise I'll stop in on Monday.

dvlhzdu
02/27/2004, 12:03 PM
I have spoken to 2 reefers who were unaware and should be attending.

Tom

JJM
02/27/2004, 12:18 PM
this is good stuff , just what I was looking for , hopefully you all are referring them to the website , so that they can be current on the status of the club and the benefits of being a Member

"Being a member does have it's benefits! By becoming a member of the Delaware Reef Club you are entitled to participate in:
Monthly raffles
Club hosted auctions
Sponsor discounts
Group buys

JJM
02/27/2004, 12:26 PM
"Membership Drive
Wednesday March 17th DRC will be having it's first membership drive. Membership is $20 annually, and is payable at the meeting. If you were at the first meeting and have paid your dues, don't miss out on the raffle (psssst,if you haven't paid yet that's ok, you can pay at this meeting). be sure to register when you get there!! Last time some nice corals were auctioned off at really great prices!"

Memberships forms will be avail for you to fill out and Club ID Cards will be issued to everyone who joins...The beginning of the meeting may be a bit hectic getting all this done , so please come early and continue to recruit and bring potential new visitors / members up to speed !.thx

pbkev
02/27/2004, 06:45 PM
I could put some flyers up in my lfs (frazer zoo) up here in West Chester. Alot of people want to join a club, and PARC meetings are to much of a hike. Did any one make up flyers yet?

JJM
02/27/2004, 07:53 PM
Scout , you have something you want to use?

Scout
02/27/2004, 08:27 PM
Yes, give me till tomorrow night and I'll redo our flyer with the new logo and web address and email it to everyone who wants it.

Mike