PDA

View Full Version : Groub buy from Inland Aquatics

Kennetht
02/26/2004, 06:45 PM
My girlfriend and I are wanting to order some stuff from Inland Aquatics, and I wanted to see if anyone would like to go in with us. You can check out their site at http://www.inlandaquatics.com If nobody wants anything then I will order on March 8th....if somebody else wants something I will order to have it by the 6th for the frag swap. Email me at comatose(nospam)@hotmail.com or PM me.

llpoolej
02/26/2004, 07:33 PM
I might want three gobies(a gold stripe, rainsford and a redheaded) yes, I have a goby fetish.

Kennetht
02/26/2004, 07:51 PM
we are looking at the refugium kits, the micro stars, and the mini stars

Kennetht
02/26/2004, 09:04 PM
please pardon my spelling in the title....I just noticed it and felt embarrassed.

EvilMel
02/26/2004, 09:33 PM
Dear god if we pointed fingers at people for misspellings I would be in trouble.

Julie, I too have a goby fetish. I LOVE them. I have rarely ever had another kind of fish in my tank (besides a bicolor blenny and my now FAT Naso Tang).

Ken: I'll check it out.

Pandarian
02/27/2004, 12:11 AM
Mel, they have gracilara there if you still wanted some.

Pandarian
02/27/2004, 12:12 AM
haha, 100th post. new avatar

Kennetht
02/27/2004, 06:29 AM
ok, I emailed Inland Aquatics and he said that we could get a 10% discount ona group buy for the club. I thought I'd pass that along to everyone.

EvilMel
02/27/2004, 07:59 AM
Hah that's a great avatar Donny.

Ken: that's funy because I emailed them asking the same thing.
I have not received a response back yet though.

What about shipping? How much is that going to cost?

llpoolej
02/27/2004, 09:05 AM
Federal Express Tubes

WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE ABOVE 55 DEGREES THROUGHOUT A GIVEN SHIPPING ROUTE, we will try to ship "KITS" and other small orders in Federal Express Tubes.

DESCRIPTION: These tubes are actually elongated, triangular boxes. Typically, they will accommodate one KIT and one or two additional (small) items.
AVERAGE FedEx PRIORITY COST: $ 26 *
DIMENSIONALIZED WEIGHT: 6 POUNDS
COST PER BOX: FREE

Standard Insulated Shipping Containers

DESCRIPTION: Styrofoam inner box with cardboard outer, measuring 17 X 17 X 9. These boxes are used for small and medium orders. Typically, six to ten items can be shipped in one of these
AVERAGE FedEx PRIORITY COST: $ 39 *
DIMENSIONALIZED WEIGHT: 17 POUNDS
COST PER BOX: $5

Large Insulated Shipping Containers

DESCRIPTION: Styrofoam inner box with cardboard outer, measuring 19 X 17 X 15. These boxes are used for the majority of larger orders. They accommodate 12 to 20 items AVERAGE FedEx PRIORITY: $ 50 *
DIMENSIONALIZED WEIGHT: 25 POUNDS
COST PER BOX: $12

All orders are shipped with HEAT or ICE PACKS, as necessary. Each box may require 1 or 2 temperature regulation packs. Each pack is charged at $1.50.

PLEASE NOTE: UNLESS REQUESTED, STANDARD CONTAINERS WILL BE USED FOR ALL ORDERS (REGARDLESS OF SIZE) WHEN TEMPERATURES BELOW 55 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED ANYWHERE ALONG THE SHIPPING ROUTE.

* Federal Express charges vary with distance the package is shipped. The listed numbers are averages and account for the 10 to 15% discount we get from Federal Express and pass on to our customers.

THIS IS OUR STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. CUSTOM SHIPPING REQUESTS ARE WELCOME. DON'T HESITATE TO CALL WITH QUESTIONS OR DIRECTIONS.

Kennetht
02/27/2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks Julie. I was just about to post that. I figured we could split the shipping costs. I have descriptions of teh kits that they have if anyone is interested. I can post them when I get home later today.

Mel- I don't know why you haven't gotten a reply. I sent my email at 11pm last night and had one this morning.

stevensmd
02/27/2004, 02:40 PM
sorry to interupt on the thread, but,
Hey Donny..cool avatar!
still trying to get my 100!!
dave

Bddizzzy
02/27/2004, 09:15 PM
I would like to order 6 micro stars and 6 mini brittles, let me know when you are going to order and how much shipping you need from me and how you want me to send the money. thanks

Brian

SmartWrasse
02/28/2004, 03:10 PM
These guys have good green Monti digitata if anyone wants starter SPS.

I'd like to get some good macroalgae. Either Gracillaria or Chaetomorpha ??

I'd like to add some pods without the bristleworms etc. I'll have to check to see if I should be thinking mysis/gammarus or fauna kit.

THey have a comment under the refugium information: "Only two kits maximum can be shipped, per order. "

Kennetht
03/02/2004, 09:00 PM
Ok, we are going to postpone this order until after March 8th. We will also be placing an order with http://www.exoticfish.com the same week. If anyone is interested in getting something from either place, just email me what you want at comatose@chartertn.net and I'll let you know what your share is with shipping etc., please put the business name in the subject line. I will then make a Saturday trip to Knoxville to bring it down. I plan to acclimate everything to my tank and then put them back into the bags to bring them down. Just let me know if interested.

llpoolej
03/02/2004, 09:08 PM
I really need to wait till April, so if anyone else want something from Inland aquatics in April, I will be ordering then. I want some of those tank raised GOBIES to feed my fetish:p

Treating for Ich at the present time!

SITNLOWDOWN
03/02/2004, 10:13 PM
hey there was a post in the sell forum about inland closing

Kennetht
03/02/2004, 10:50 PM
That appears to be inlandreef.com and not Inland Aquatics. The one tht is closing is in NH and Inland Aquatics is in IN.

Bddizzzy
03/04/2004, 10:11 AM
I am going to wait on my order. Julie let me know when you are going to order, I want some brittle stars and micro stars and possibly a coral or two.

Brian

EvilMel
03/04/2004, 10:28 AM
Thank goodness Ken.

I just got back from out of town and realized I forgot to talk to you about that order.

So I will get back to you about it later on this week.

Mel

Kennetht
03/04/2004, 11:22 AM
Take your time, whenever we get an order I can order. We aren't in a big hurry, just need some mini & micro stars for our fuges, along with some mysis and gammarus.

Pandarian
03/04/2004, 02:24 PM
i might get some stuff from exoticfish. let us know when.

llpoolej
03/04/2004, 03:02 PM
Cool! I need to get everything in my tank settled. So, maybe the big group order could happen then. They have the gobies I want and they are all TR, which makes me happy

Kennetht
03/04/2004, 03:04 PM
We are going to wait until April, since my g/f's tank will then be ready for an anemone. I'll post again when it gets closer to the date, or we can go ahead and start making a list now. Either way is fine with me.

Kennetht
03/04/2004, 03:04 PM
We are going to wait until April, since my g/f's tank will then be ready for an anemone. I'll post again when it gets closer to the date, or we can go ahead and start making a list now. Either way is fine with me.

EvilMel
03/04/2004, 05:51 PM
Ahh yes, April is much better for me.

Thanks Ken.