PDA

View Full Version : meetings?

tim n heather
02/26/2004, 12:13 PM
when are we going to start having meetings and the such? very excited about meeting everybody and seeing and hearing ideas.

thedogofwar
02/26/2004, 12:41 PM
:) good question, I've been expecting it.

I can't give you a definite answer at this moment but it has been on my mind. I wanted to give a little time to others who aren't aware of the club yet. However we can't wait too long because I feel "that" needs to happen before we can organize a few other details.

I had a thought that I'll throw out to everyone on the subject. lets hear your opinions or ideas. I thought that maybe the first meeting could be divided into 2 seperate groups. Possibly a Northern/Southern thing. My reasoning for this is that I think it's very important that we get as many ppl as possible to attend the first meet. I know our terrain spreads us out and this may make it easier for everyone. Assumming the first meet will probably be the shortest and most informal I don't want alot of ppl having to travel too far for it.

I actually emailed Dan Bowlin about this, inquiring about use of his place for the northern meet. He is located in Mtn.Home. Geographically it may be a good location for the northerners. Road accessability may be another thing, I lived in that area for awhile and I know how scarce major hwys can be.

I would plan on attending both myself and of course everyone would be welcome to do so.

Just a thought I had, I'm open to all suggestions of course, whatever is best for the members.

Scuba Dog
02/26/2004, 03:36 PM
thedogofwar
yeah meetings sound good, the bigest problem with chris ferril and I are is that were shift workeres, we pull 12 hour rotational shifts work a three day weekend off a three day weekend....but chris and I are on the same 'D"shift, but he curently is working a pile of overtime.....but Ill do the best I can to make the meetings.....

tim n heather
02/26/2004, 05:10 PM
us to work 12hr shift at night but get to self schedule

jerryc
02/26/2004, 10:10 PM
If We do have north-south meetings and the north his held
in mountain home I can attend almost any time only about
35 miles for me no problem

Scuba Dog
02/26/2004, 10:15 PM
hum Im wondering where the Meetings in the south would take place.....El Do.....have no objections to going to monroe they have some cool restraunts down there lol

jerryc
02/28/2004, 07:41 PM
If we have north -south meetings how about a altogether
meeting at least one time a year may be in little rock are
little rock area would be central so that everyone would be
about the same distant might even talk a LFS in two
hosting

tim n heather
02/29/2004, 02:08 PM
i'll go for that on 35 minutes feom little rock

jerryc
03/01/2004, 01:59 PM
I actually emailed Dan Bowlin about this, inquiring about use of his place for the northern meet. He is located in Mtn.Home. Geographically it may be a good location for the northerners. Road accessability may be another thing, I lived in that area for awhile and I know how scarce major hwys can be.

I would plan on attending both myself and of course everyone would be welcome to do so.

Just a thought I had, I'm open to all suggestions of course, whatever is best for the members. [/B][/QUOTE]

If Dan Does decide to do this he can let me know I'll do
whatever I can to help if he needs me to
jerry

thedogofwar
03/02/2004, 05:08 PM
there seems to be some confusion about my idea. Let me clarify: The split meeting would only pertain to the first meeting. my reasoning behind this was to get into a more personal association with our members. I figured the more obstacles I could remove, the more would be willing to attend. Ideally I would like to meet 100% of the membership through these 2 meetings.

To continue this format would be unreasonable. I hope to have scheduled speakers and experts and it wouldn't work with a split meeting format.

I am not oppossed to a roaming location if it better suits the majority. Participation is vital, w/o it we have nothing so I have to work to achieve the highest attendance posible.

Brandon

jerryc
03/02/2004, 05:52 PM
OK That's all right with me to just misunderstood the roaming
would be all right a central location would be OK to whatever
some of guys are gales are going to have to drive a good ways
whichever way we do it we live in a rule state and that is part
of it

headhawg7
03/04/2004, 05:24 PM
Mountain Home is not too far for me. Only a hour and 15 or 20 minutes. I can meet in LR once a year or so. I know of many people in this area that are very interested also. Let me know the game plan is going to be and I will tell everybody I know.

jerryc
03/04/2004, 06:26 PM
Car pool