PDA

View Full Version : Need info

Sir Knight
02/25/2004, 05:22 PM
Hi All,
I may have to relocate to the Nashville area.
Could one of you please give me an idea of good places to live with reasonable housing prices
You can email me the information at joewall@charter.net

Thanks in advance

kevlouie
02/25/2004, 05:27 PM
Need more info than that. Are you a city guy or a country guy, want east side or it doesn't matter, want good schools, what time will you be commuting and where is job , etc.

Sir Knight
02/25/2004, 05:49 PM
Location not important (city or country) as long as it is a low crime neighborhood that is safe for kids and families, even though I do not have children at home anymore. Small lot size is preferred. Could be a newer home or an older home that was well-cared-for. Mostly I would be looking for a good established neighborhood with easy access to the highways.

doublee8
02/25/2004, 06:12 PM
Not sure about everyone else's opinion, but I live in the Inglewood community which is kind of in East Nashville ( I personally am directly across the river from OpryMills). Historically East Nashville was not a good place to be, but we are far enough the main roads to make it "OK". Communities are well established and houses are somewhat older, but usually have better lots and lower prices. Just like anywhere else though, you have to do the homework to find the best places.

E

Sir Knight
02/25/2004, 06:27 PM
Hi doublee8,

Please provide me with your ZIP code so I can search for homes in that area at realtor.com

Thank you,

Countzer0
02/25/2004, 07:59 PM
As far as low crime and great schools Williamson county has in my opinion some of the best schools in the state ... (i used to work for State Dept. of Ed.) I know they have the best funded schools ... prices in franklin are ok brentwood is TOO expensive but places like nolensville are nice.

reewik
02/25/2004, 09:56 PM
Look in the 37086 or just look up ruthiford county. Good growing area. What size home are you looking for anyway?

fishdoc11
02/25/2004, 10:50 PM
Check out Bellvue and out highway 70 (Pegram etc..). You can still get a house out that way for a reasonable price. $125,000- $200,000 and the latter would be a nice one. At least that's what prices were a couple of years ago. Wooglin lives in Bellvue so he would probably know more. Zip for Bellvue is 37221. You would also be close to the Harpeth river which I love.
Chris

Sir Knight
02/26/2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks Everyone,
What we are looking for is something like a townhouse with small property 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. When we moved from FL we had a 5 bedroom 2.5 baths, living rm, dining, family rm, den on a 1/2 ac, 3500 Sqft house. Now in Maryville we have a 3 bedroom, 3 baths, living rm, eatin kit, full finished basement that I finished on almost 1/2 AC. almost 3000 SQFT house. The basement is where I have my 120x24x24 tank. I talked to the wife and we agreed that something with little or no work is what we want. I just don't want to have to lock and load to answer the door.

I know I will have to get a smaller tank but I can live with that.

Can you guys and ladies point us in the right direction. I haven't been to Nashville in almost 25 years so I know things have changed. I don't even know where to start.

I'm a former IBM project manager with 20 years in IT so I will be looking for that kind of work in the Nashville area.

Oldschooler
02/26/2004, 08:28 AM
I'm selling a house in an okay neighborhood. I need to move to Bellevue to be closer to the store. We've been here over twelve years, now, I think, and haven't had any major problems. E-mail me if you are interested in taking a peek. VERY inexpensive. VERY near I-24.

~Roberto