PDA

View Full Version : indy reefer floods new home because he is an idiot

reefyguy
02/23/2004, 04:47 PM
I have a 150 gallon reef that i am moving to my new home next month. I was going to make a sump/fuge out of a 100 gallon rubbermaid container. But the container was too big for my laundry room. I have stumbled across a 120 gallon acrylic spilt tank (4x2x2). So one side is 60 gallons and the other side is 60 gallons. Both are seperate from each other. This was used at a lfs to hold livestock. Each side has an overflow. The following link is a plan of what i am going to try to do. I dont know if i should just dremel the overflows down and eliminate the extra sump and just have the pvc go to the iwaki or not. I want to keep it simple but function well.

http://www.reefwarden.com/sump/sump.htm

any help would be appreciated

Ed

shaw
02/23/2004, 11:28 PM
Looks fine to me, but you will definately need to lower the water level for that skimmer, but you might also want to have the water from the skimmer chamber flow in to the refugium chamber and then lead down to a sump or whatever
thanks
shawn

indycop2038
02/25/2004, 08:28 PM
ed.....

sorry to hear about the flood, all true reefers have flooded there homes....as long as your wife didnt kill you, it will be ok....hope things go well

glen

matt the fiddler
03/01/2004, 10:43 PM
better than your roomate clogging and.. flooding the upstairs toilet.. that is directly above the kitchen...

ugg i still can't get over how gross that was///