PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 1 zooanthid?

Neowind
02/23/2004, 10:57 AM
I was wondering if you are able to take 1 zooanthid and place it on a rock and it will spread? If so where can you find just 1 because I really can't afford a whole rock full from the LFS because they are 50 dollars or more. Can this be done?

Whisperer
02/23/2004, 11:05 AM
Yes, it may take a while but yes. You only need one polyp and it will spread (given optimal milieu). I am not sure if someone will sell you a single polyp though.

EvilMel
02/23/2004, 11:05 AM
Just get a frag from someone for like $10.

If you have corals in your tank that you can frag, and you can find someone who wants them (not very difficult) then just trade flat out with someone. We do this all the time in the club.

Sir Knight
02/23/2004, 12:35 PM
Neowind,
Yes it can be done. I have done this same thing with 100's zoo's.
It can be done with both blanket and single polyp(non-blanket) zoo's. Be careful if you try this as zoo's are very toxic and this is no joke could kill you . Wear gloves and eye protection. Better to be safe than sorry.

I would contact Mel. She has some nice colored zoo's that I am sure she would frag for you at a reasonable fee.
By the way what is your first name?

hope this helps

Kennetht
02/23/2004, 05:23 PM
I don't know if you have been there yet or not, but Pet Paradise in Bristol has some nice Zoos for $30 - $40 and sometimes less. Also, PM me and I'll let you in a "Special Sale" that is going on this weekend.

Neowind
02/24/2004, 05:17 PM
My first name is Josh. Thanks a ton for all the info. I would love to come to one of the meetings you guys have that would be allot of fun.

EvilMel
02/25/2004, 02:04 PM
Come to the next one then.

Or on March 6 some of us are getting together to trade frags.

That would be a place you could come to and get some frags of corals for not alot of money.
Mel

Neowind
02/26/2004, 09:20 AM
Can someone PM me directions or email them to me at jtullock@chartertn.net. Does it cost anything to come or anything?

EvilMel
02/26/2004, 10:34 AM
Jtullock?

Are you related to John Tullock? If not, that's pretty wierd!

Neo: check out the thread on the frag swap, ok? It talks about the types of frags we will have and when we set a specified time it will be on there as well.

When you decide what frags you want to buy, let that person know so that they can make sure they have enough for everyone.

Mel
ps directions to my house will be PMed to people as the date gets closer but for now, I live in west Knoxville near the intersection of Middlebrook and Cedar Bluff.

Pandarian
02/26/2004, 01:14 PM
or are you John Tullock playing us for a fool pretending you are a newb? http://www.fuzz-monkey.com/smilies/squintconfused.gif

haha jk, I kid. :p

Neowind
03/01/2004, 02:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes I am related to John haha. There are very few Tullocks in this world.

cee
03/01/2004, 10:30 PM
I have some yellow polyps you can have for free, and could also probably get you 1 or 2 bright orange zoos for the same low price. Just let me know, and give me some advance notice.

Dave

Neowind
03/02/2004, 10:23 AM
WHOOOHOOO you guys are great!! Dave are you coming to the frag swap? If not let me know and I will meet ya somewhere I really appreciate that.

cee
03/02/2004, 08:05 PM
I'd like to pickup a green monti and trade some blue monti, but unfortunately I'll be flying back from Texas on Saturday. Got to work to support this hobby!!!

Dave