PDA

View Full Version : Had a very good time with Spokane club at Aquatic Dreams

Ed Hahn
02/22/2004, 04:07 PM
I just wanted to let you know I had a very good time at Spokane Club meeting. Kevin had his both of his 240 gallon coral tanks full of frags. He had a very good selection. I told most of you the club meeting would be short. Rod and I showed up at 7pm and did not leave until I think 11 something? I ended up picking up another clam from Kevin. I also picked up some frags, glue, parts for sea swirl to increase flow rotation. The people were very friendly as always. Kevin discussed what caused nitrates and ways to eliminate them. Brent discussed the idea of paying club dues that would allow money for guest speakers such as Calfo, Borne, etc. I thought this was very good idea. But it is not up to just me. Anyway we can improve our experience in propegating, save money, and educate the hobbyist I am all for it. Rod picked up some more goodies for MR 300 gallon Babe. I will let him tell you about it. He told me he was not going to buy anything. I guess the temptation was too much. I also saw a valve that allows you to use a float switch and hook up direct from you RO or DI or RODI system for a tankless auto top off system. It looked very sweet and very simple. So I have one more thing on my wish list. I asked other members of the Spokane club how they would of done things differently if a power head melted in your tank. I was told the polyfilter is a good idea to remove copper from your system. I will keep this in mind. I did not think about copper being introduced in such a case. Meeting other people and learning new ideas is sweet and I am sure it will save me something in the future. Happy propegating...see you on Saturday if not sooner..Ed