PDA

View Full Version : Membership required to view all forums?

Flame*Angel
08/09/2001, 07:57 PM
I emailed the URL of a thread in the general Reef Discussion forum but the person got a message saying they didn't have permission. I tried it in Netscape (which I don't use for RC) and noticed that there is a message on the front page of the message board that requires membership to post or view. Is this really for all the forums? I thought it was just the expert forums.

Sending links that perk people's interest is a great way to get them to join :) Sending links that just give no permission messages just makes them think there's something wrong with the board :(

me_rob
08/10/2001, 02:14 AM
nope, it's for all. I think you are right though!

JohnL
08/10/2001, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Flame*Angel
there is a message on the front page of the message board that requires membership to post or view. Is this really for all the forums?

Yes, I didn't see it as a problem since membership is free and it only takes a minute to register.

dc
08/11/2001, 06:15 PM
Well if it would have been that way before I registered I wouldn't have! I cruised a lot of boards for quite awhile before I landed. :D

JohnL
08/12/2001, 01:24 AM
OK. You convinced me :D I changed it. Thanks for the feedback.

Flame*Angel
08/12/2001, 11:41 AM
Thanks John, I think it's better not to have to join just to read posts.

Every now and then I like to send a link to a specific thread to people who wouldn't normally read a reef message board let alone become a member.

dc
08/12/2001, 12:13 PM
Flame- just think of all the passwords you would have to remember!
:D