PDA

View Full Version : FRag Swap Update

budgetyourself
02/17/2004, 09:07 PM
The frag swap is quickly approaching and I just want to bring up a few reminders.
The swap starts at 11:00 in Dixon, if you need directions PM me and I will respond. We will have the swap rain or shine - we have a large outside room that will work if it rains - but you will need a jacket. (the forecast is dry for Sat.)
The swap is also a potluck to get to visit with the various memers of the Reef Societies. MARS is supplying hamburgers and hotdogs and if everyone else could bring something to add to the menu that would be great.
Anyone is welcome as long as they are members of either MARS, BARE or CV Reefers - you can join one of the clubs that morning if you are not already a member. You don't have to bring corals if you don't have any yet, but those not bringing corals could bring a few tubes of super glue gel (available of Home Depot etc.)
If people have some small containers to put the corals in please bring them.
For all you SPS lovers, we should have a good selction of SPS frags. DR. Lee of Aquatic Gallery has donated some frags also Eddie from Tropical Paradise is also donating some frags. Eddie is also coming up and bringing some colonies as well as frags that he is willing to sell for a "very reasonable" price 9 fire sale time) - you can't go wrong. So bring some of your SPS frags as there will be a lot available to go home with.
If any one wants fresh live rock (just shipped in) Eddie is willing to order some boxes and deliver them at the swap. This is first class Tonga rock for around $3.50/lb. in 45 pound boxes. You must call Eddie by Wednesday night 510-614-1011 to let him know so he can order it.
Hope to see everyone here, there will be alot of nice corals to go around

Photon
02/17/2004, 10:22 PM
Pam,
Glad you talked to Eddie. When he was talking to me on Saturday, it sounded like he would be bringing some nice "fire sale" items.
Who is going to play "frag organizer" on Saturday? BARE did a good job of organzing their swap.
If you need anything, let me know.
James

tfp
02/17/2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Photon
Who is going to play "frag organizer" on Saturday? BARE did a good job of organzing their swap.
James

an organized frag swap would be greatly appreciated. james, i'm curious, how did BARE do theirs? i've only been to a couple of swaps/sales and the positive experience was the orderly one.

tim

budgetyourself
02/18/2004, 12:41 AM
The tentative plan is those bringing corals will all draw numbers in a first group, and each person picks a coral in order of the numbers drawn, once everyone goes through once, those that did not bring corals also have numbers and they pick in order, then we reverse the sequence. You only get a few minutes at the tables to pick then move on to the glueing or fragging table. There will be a definate order - not a free for all. I am sure there will be some things to work out but this is the idea. See everyone there - Pam

Photon
02/18/2004, 01:29 AM
Tim,
When we were at BARE, it worked out nicely. It seemed like the initial registration and such was a little hectic so I am sure that someone who is organized and in charge would keep things straight. Maybe the people who did it at BARE could help on that end.
I hope it isn't a free for all. I hate that. It was nice to look at all of the frags on the table at BARE and some people even had pictures of them when they were in their tanks so that the true color could be seen. Most people had their frags identified with name, color, etc, also. That was nice.
James

barebottoms
02/18/2004, 07:16 PM
Will there be a Starbucks near by? :D

budgetyourself
02/18/2004, 08:14 PM
A Starbucks? are you buying frapachinos (spelling?) for everyone? Take the Pitt School RD. exit and Starbucks is on the right past McDonalds. (Even Dixon has made the grade)

Tropical-Paradise-Ed
02/18/2004, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is our list of things we will be bringing:

Free:
1 Bucket of sand from our system we encourage everyone to bring a cup from their own systems to add to the mix
Chaetomorphora
Flatworm exit (1 bottle to go around the frag tables)
2 SPS colonies for the Frag Trade
1 Zoo Rock (nice colored)
1 Green Star Polyp Rock

For Sale:
Live Rock
Acro's for fragging and whole colonies (Bali and Fiji)
Flatworm Exit
Cyclopeeze
Ricordea Florida
Ricordea Yumas

We have some extra SLS T-5 retro's and actinics if anyone is interested. $170 for a 2x48" T5 Retro with 2 Actinic Bulbs. Let us know in advance.

We can still take request.

budgetyourself
02/18/2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks Edie, the chaetomorpha sounds like it is one of the more sought after items. Looking forward to you coming. Pam

user48953
02/19/2004, 03:34 AM
I'm a complete newbie to SW and just finished cycling (or at least in the late stages of) my first reef tank.. just wish i had something 'fish' related to bring and offer..

so for all you King's fans, i'm offering 2 tickets for Sunday, March 21 versus the Rockets (Yao sucked last time at Arco).. i'm not a season tix holder, so the best i could do was standing room only which costed me almost $60.. if you know someone that's in a box, see if they'll let you join them in their box..

huy