PDA

View Full Version : Ok, its back open..... Lets follow the rules

wooglin
02/17/2004, 04:40 PM
Be sure to use the forum for club activities, describing our tanks, talking about that hot new coral we saw at the LFS (your not included Robert or Sean), etc. Also if CWA or anyone else posts stirring up trouble just ignore any posts. I feel like this could have been avoided had we just turned the other cheek.

Thanks,
Alan

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 04:42 PM
excellent, as long as we know the rules we can play by them

hmm...I just read a thread (tank is full..) and I think I know what happened now. seems a little silly.

wooglin
02/17/2004, 05:24 PM
These are the two areas where we had problems. Basically no name calling, and no promotion of commericial ventures by the owner or an individual that stands to gain from promotion of said commercial venture. In other words Sean and Robert cant post about stock, but can otherwise participate. Anyone not affiliated with Emerald Bay is welcome to talk about new corals they have seen at any store, purchased, thinking about purchasing, etc.

1. Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post� as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial�. Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent� of the “commercial post� policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

2. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Reef Central and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

cwa46
02/17/2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by wooglin
These are the two areas where we had problems. Basically no name calling, and no promotion of commericial ventures by the owner or an individual that stands to gain from promotion of said commercial venture. In other words Sean and Robert cant post about stock, but can otherwise participate. Anyone not affiliated with Emerald Bay is welcome to talk about new corals they have seen at any store, purchased, thinking about purchasing, etc.

1. Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post� as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial�. Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent� of the “commercial post� policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

2. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Reef Central and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Which rules did I break?

wooglin
02/17/2004, 05:44 PM
"harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind"

Many took part in this type of discussion, and should have turned the other cheek. Lets consider the issue closed, its best for all involved.

Since your not a member of the Reef Club and have expressed that you do not want to ever join, I am not sure why you would want to post here.

Would you like to join? You are more than welcome to. We would love to have your expertise added to the group. I have heard that you are very knowledgeable about Reefkeeping.

reewik
02/17/2004, 06:25 PM
Got it.

iReef
02/17/2004, 06:47 PM
Glad the forum wasn't permanently shut down. I had been hoping for a long time someone would start a club and I just found out about this one on Sat. when Robert told me about it.

What do you have to do to join the reef club?

Are there any female reefers in this club?

iReef
(Sylvia)

wooglin
02/17/2004, 06:52 PM
Just show up right now. We will come up with a formal membership process, nominal dues for functions, etc soon. Try to make it to the meeting this Sat. Many folks bring their family so there are Women present. None that I am aware of are the primary Reefer, but this is an odd hobby, in that most couples are both involved. Its the only hobby I have been involved with where it is like that. I also fool with RC aircraft and it is rare to find a couple involved with that.

fishdoc11
02/17/2004, 06:55 PM
Very well put wooglin. All three times.
Chris

rcmike
02/17/2004, 07:10 PM
Hey Wooglin, where do you fly at? I fly planes and helicopters in Columbia. I agree about not many women involved in R/C flying. My wife comes with me some and likes to watch but doesn't have any desire to fly. There are a few other wives the come and read or something while there husbands fly. I only know of one woman who comes to some of our flyins that flies. She is from Henderson and can fly better than 99% of the men.

Sylvia, until I noticed you were a woman I thought you were going to meet women. It is wierd how you picture people when you haven't met them.

I am glad that the forum is back up. Was starting to have withdrawal.

wooglin
02/17/2004, 07:19 PM
I fly at the park at Edwin Warner, and the small park in my neighboorhood. I fly electric exclusively. Small planes that weigh 16 ounces or less. I have two right now, one weighs about 10 ounces, the other about 8. They run on rechargeable Li-Poly batteries for about 30 minutes per charge.

rcmike
02/17/2004, 07:34 PM
Cool! I have tried electrics a couple of times but never really got into it. I haven't tried any of those LiPo batteries though. I have heard they are awsome. I had an Eco electric heli once but I sold it. It was very smooth and quiet but fragile. I crashed it once and it was almost destroyed. Here is my pride and joy. It has a 46cc Poulan chainsaw engine.
http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/bellsouth/Groups/62/62255/folders/31913/755017alatalia.jpg

reewik
02/17/2004, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a fun hobby. there is a park by me that has an airstip and everything. I am in Lavergne And have no idea what the name of the park is.

fishdoc11
02/17/2004, 07:55 PM
My dad used to fly planes and judge contests at Edwin Warner back in the 70's. Good memories. Mike, do yall fly at a guys private field. I did some work for a guy ( I think his name is jack ) that works for Parent Co. and he had his own field in Columbia. Real nice guy.
Chris

rcmike
02/17/2004, 08:02 PM
Nope, I fly at a field that is leased from Solutia. It has a 500ft. runway and is a very nice place to fly. Here is the club www.columbiarc.com