PDA

View Full Version : Thanks John and all the Mod's here on RC

Sir Knight
02/17/2004, 04:36 PM
I just wanted to thank John L. and all the Mod's for allowing us to continue to have a forum here on RC

A BIG Thank you :thumbsup:

EvilMel
02/17/2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah thanks.

I am still not sure why we got shut down, but thanks for making it brief.

Mel

griss
02/17/2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Mel,

Sorry if you were confused about the closing of the forum. We were receiving more reported posts from the two Tennessee forums than all the other club forums combined.

All of these reported posts had to do with either commercial posting by local stores or flaming between members. As a temporary solution, it was decided to close the forums until we could review the situation.

For the record, I am not bothered by the fact that we received so many reported posts, quite the opposite. On a site this size and the fact that all of the Mods have regular full time jobs and families, it is hard to view every thread. We truly appreciate when members help to police themselves and report posts to us.

My hope is that the temporary closing of these forums gave those involved some time to think about their posting habits and alter them accordingly.

Thanks for you understanding and if there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to PM me.

George

SmartWrasse
02/17/2004, 07:53 PM
I appreciate having this forum (and the moderators) a great deal. It is not possible to come close to covering all the questions and discussion that comes up at the monthly club meetings.