PDA

View Full Version : Tenn Reefers Temp Home

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 11:08 AM
Allright don't say anything that will get us into trouble, which I suspect was talking about Emerald Bay. But we do need to make sure everyone knows about the meeting Saturday night.

fishdoc11
02/17/2004, 11:25 AM
I'll be there and I'm sure there will be some lively disscusion. Good idea Kevlouie!
Chris

wooglin
02/17/2004, 11:28 AM
I will be there as well. What happened, did a mod jump on the Tennessee Reeferes forum?

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 11:35 AM
I suspect talking about LFS (local fish stores) ticked someone off and they felt like they were being badmouthed and complained, even though more reefers with healthy tanks is good for everybodies business. Either that or someone involved in that little spat complained. ??? Who cares its too important to me to get a local support group (aka reef club) to just let the forum fold. I sent a PM to the admin asking not to nuke the forum.

wooglin
02/17/2004, 11:43 AM
If they dont reopen the forum soon, I will setup some forum software on my webserver, and will get us up and running again shortly.

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 11:52 AM
Well lets hope it doesn't get that far. BTW I think I finally figured out what nuked my system - dinoflagellates.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=256764

fishdoc11
02/17/2004, 12:00 PM
I'm glad you think you figured out what nuked your system. I think cwa 46 had a hand in the forum being suspended also (as far as his negative responses). I have also sent pm's to the mods and think it will be back up shortly. I agree that this is just too important to let the forum fold.
Chris

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 12:04 PM
I suspect you may be right, but I don't assume anything other than the User Agreement's commercial language. It seems a bit extreme. Seems like a warning to 2 or 3 people would have sufficed.

fishdoc11
02/17/2004, 12:17 PM
I agree

rcmike
02/17/2004, 12:29 PM
I figured that someone would get kicked off or warned but I never thought they would have closed the whole forum. Maybe it will be resolved soon.

Kevin, the dinos could have a part in your problem. I had a nasty bloom after my salt problems. I tried everything to get rid of them. You could suck them up and they would grow right back the next day. I lost a couple of fish during this time and I suspect that was the cause. I finally ended up getting an ozonizer to help clean them up and it did a fantastic job. The water was crystal clear in a day. You are welcome to use it for a little while if you want. I use it every so often to keep the water clear.

danellis06460
02/17/2004, 12:33 PM
I am not in TN but I read your forum, if it is that guy CWA46 he needs to get a life ,he seems to have some personal axe to grind with EB who sound like a really cool LFS.

How can you not talk about LFS in a regional forum, we talk about deals available all the time in our forum. I think the users WANT that, at least I know I do. If a store in my area just got a big shipment in or have good deals going on how can it not help the people who use this BBS, the users

Hopefully the mods will reopen it soon. Wooglin I thought with your clout on here you could get it reopened immediately ;)

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 01:00 PM
Thanx Mike, I may take you up on that, was the ozonizer very expensive? Its funny I service one we are using to treat groundwater up on Monteagle Mountain, you should smell the ozone when we open that thing up.

Daniellis thanks for the kind words, we are kinda at a loss too.

P.S. Mike has your wife had the baby yet, we are like 4 weeks away.

llpoolej
02/17/2004, 01:16 PM
Hey! They closed the East TN one too!! What did we do??

I am actually laughing at it all. Predominantly female groups, aka Twins club(bunch of women on high hormones) Dressage and CT clubs(bunch of women who like their horses better than most people) and sororities all seem to get along with just minor, yet quiet backbiting.

You Men are so funny! :p

I know all of us can get along when it comes to fish! Hopefully someone will at least open up the E.TN forum. We have been very well mannered over there for awhile now.

We have a meeting this weekend too. Maybe LFS and LFS employees should have a certain tag line identifying them.

I still think it is a good idea to openely and fairly discuss local stores. How else can we know where the best deals are? Who is running a sale? Or where a fish/coral you might be looking for is? That isn't advertising, it is discussion and sharing. At least when it does't come from someone with a vested interest

wooglin
02/17/2004, 01:16 PM
HEre is a link to a user group I created on Yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tnreefers

Go ahead and join up, one and all. And lets let that be our forum. No rules, and Sean can post about the new stuff that comes in.

rcmike
02/17/2004, 01:57 PM
Kevin, it is an Aquazone 100 and it was a little less than $200. I debated and debated on getting it but I am glad I did. I know a lot of people are scared of the ozone but I doubt this would put out enough to be a real problem. I just hooked it up to my Aqua-C skimmer and worked wonders.
Sorry I forgot to tell you about our son. He is a little over 4 months old now. She had him a little early because her blood pressure was up way high. He is about the best baby I have ever seen. He sleeps through the night and only cries when something is wrong.

Wooglin, Thanks for the forum. I will have to check it out.

EvilMel
02/17/2004, 02:05 PM
>

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 02:09 PM
Sorry I forgot to tell you about our son. He is a little over 4 months old now. She had him a little early because her blood pressure was up way high. He is about the best baby I have ever seen. He sleeps through the night and only cries when something is wrong.

Congrats and Woohoo! A sleeper. Be thankful, I got one of those too. Logan (3) has been out of diapers for a while, but here comes Lindsey in a few weeks to run our wally world bill back thru the roof on diapers and formula. I may try the ozonator for a week or two to see if it helps, before I go drop 2 bills on it, if thats okay. First thing I'm gonna do is a 100% water change, per seamaidens advice.

rcmike
02/17/2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I would try the water change first and see how that goes. If it doesn't work just let me know.

kevlouie
02/17/2004, 04:28 PM
Guys I got a PM from the admininstrator, and he told me they are working on this issue, hopefully this will get resolved soon.

wooglin
02/17/2004, 04:43 PM
Our pleas to reopen the forum due to the new club forming, and just getting going were answered. The Moderator reopened the forum. Lets let this thread die, and any involving issues.