PDA

View Full Version : Cats paw- Psammocora?

brat213
02/16/2004, 11:44 PM
I'm making a list of corals that rate 9 or 10 for hardiness. So I know what to watch for at the swaps!
I'm wondering if anyone has any cats paw they would get rid of at the swap in vermillion or mansfield.

A few others that I'm watching for are:
Lobophytum - devils hand or finger leather
Dumpia - leather, cabbage leather
Cynarina - meat, knob, or donut coral
Capnella - kenya tree
Caulastrea - bullseye, candy , or trumpet coral
And I'm always looking for mushrooms in colors I don't already have.
Thanks.

SSEAL
02/17/2004, 09:37 PM
Hey Brat,

I will be bringing kenya tree to the Swap. This is one of my favorite coral. It is also one of my biggest frag producers in my tank. It is always pinching of baby sprouts all the time. I am willing to trade or sell. Unmounted kenya tree frags (1"- 2") are $5 each. I also have a nice mounted frag of devils hand. Trade or sell for $10. Lastly, I have cabbage coral. Trade or sell unmounted (1" square) $5 each.

Let me know if you want some.

Steve

brat213
02/17/2004, 11:04 PM
Cool! I definately look you up!!
I don't have much to trade, except this sea blade I bought a week ago at lfs. It isn't opening up in my tank. I acclimated it right and everything, so not sure what the prob. is? Other than I made a bad purchase! (again!) I bought it from a SW store not a chain store. The guy showed me the one in his display,It looked cool. But the 1 he sold me wasn't open at the time Nor has it opened. So if your not interested I understand, I'd just like to see it do better and maybe in a better setup it would! I'll be sure to bring some cash!
I read that the devils hand is suppose to be a real hardy coral, snd especailly since it is mounted I'm interested in it and And the others, I'll just need tips on mounting them.
Thanks

SSEAL
02/17/2004, 11:17 PM
Brat,

I hope your sea blade gets better. I would call the SW store where you bought and let them know the deal.

I to will look you up. I will try to fight off the crazy reefers and hold out for you to have 1st purchase.

Steve

brat213
02/17/2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks alot!
I'll be looking for you!!
Thanks for the advice, I've thought about calling the store and now with a little encouragment I will. Just to see how good of a business man he is. If it was open when I bought it, I'd blame my tank but I should've have known better than to buy it w/o seeing it open there. When will I learn??!!! I trusted him because his display looked so nice I figured he knew what he was talking about, so I'm interested to see what he tells me.

I like the branchy look of the cats paw in the Coral reference book, I haven't seen anyone list it for trade is it not a very common coral in the trades?
Thanks for everything,

Can't wait till Saturday!! :)