PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Mac anyone?

cee
02/16/2004, 04:48 PM
I placed an order with drmaccorals.com this a.m., and would like to offer anyone the opportunity to "piggyback" on my order. I have asked Mac that the order be shipped on Friday for Saturday pickup at the Murdock Rd. FedEX location. If anyone is interested in something from him, they could meet me there for pickup and pay me for the item plus their share of shipping. I've ordered from Mac in the past, and he packs very well and offers you the ability to "hand pick" your items. Shipping typically runs $40 plus a $10 box charge, although actual will depend on # of items, etc. and won't be known until we see the invoice. Also, since most of the shipping cost is water, the only fair way to split the shipping cost, in my opinion, is based on the number of items purchased. So, if you ordered 1 item out of a total of 5 shipped, you'd pay 20% of the shipping. Let me know ASAP if you're interested, as his stuff tends to sell out quickly. Please be sure you want the item before asking me to order it, as I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff I didn't want (and the credit card bill to go along with it).

Dave

EvilMel
02/16/2004, 05:24 PM
Hey so I looked and since I am going to be getting a few sps frags from fishdoc11, I don't need anything from those guys.

But I told a friend of mine about it, so we will see what he says.

cee
02/16/2004, 05:37 PM
Mel:

Let me know. I really don't care if anyone takes me up on this or not, since for me it's a "done deal". Just one fellow hobbyist trying to help out another fellow hobbyist. I know, it's an expensive hobby and all (believe me, I hear it from my wife all the time).

imsqueak
02/16/2004, 06:40 PM
That was a cool thing to do. Thanks. I looked around but until I get set up I really dont need anything from Dr Mac.

EvilMel
02/16/2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah I think it is really cool that you posted to give us the opportunity.

I wish someone would order some substrate and let me get in on that one.

Or on an order from some place that sold red gracilaria.
heh heh.

I will let you know what he says.

Pandarian
02/17/2004, 04:05 PM
Mel, red gracilaria isnt that hard to come by. i think our lfs has some. I use to have some but i put it in my main tank, and something got to it.

EvilMel
02/17/2004, 05:12 PM
Donny you got pm.

Fishboy42
02/18/2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the offer to join your order. I am looking for some black ocellaris...and Mel told me that they had a pair, although, when I checked the picture on the site, they didn't really look black. I know they are sometimes lighter as juveniles, but these look older. A little confusing actually, so I guess the search continues...

llpoolej
02/18/2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Mel, I am about to make an order with IPSF for worms and stuff. I get free shipping with it, you want to peruse their site??

EvilMel
02/18/2004, 01:55 PM
Great! I will check it out!

Sir Knight
02/19/2004, 01:51 AM
Mel,
Here is a thread on RC selling the Red gracilaria

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321684

Hope this helps

EvilMel
02/19/2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks Joe