PDA

View Full Version : Question !! and Update !!

CASHCRZZY
02/15/2004, 02:48 PM
:Question : How many people in drc has an established Deep Sand Bed ? Would you like to sell or donate me a cup of your live sand ? I need to seed my dsb. I would do a trade but i have nothing ! lol
: Update :
When trying to build your own sump "glass 20 gal "and using
acrylic bafles make sure to round all of your corners that go on the bottom of the tank "or your new 20 gal that you spent a week setting up" WILL BREAk after you set it up under your stand " :mad: The second 20 gal went together alot faster and has been no problem ..:cool:
----75 Gal tank ,---- Aqua-C Ev180 protein skimmer mag 7 driving it "very nice unit" ---- 950gph return pump throtled way back due to overflow box is too small ,bigger 1 coming .----Home made
return system 3/4" w/flex ball socket ends to direct curent .
---- Aprox 3" southdown sand bed .I still after 1 day cant see into tank lol ,---- 115 lb`s of live rock w/killer cave`s and some feather dusters .2 snails 'hitch hikers'.... The system has been running for 36 hours ,The sand storm has let up some thanks to my skimmer .maybe by tuesday i can add some critters . not sure what yet but something to get the sand working . Any sugestions ???:D
add on : i have some pics look up ^

Scout
02/15/2004, 03:53 PM
Congrats! Looks like your well on your way. I will donate a cup of sand. Remind me to bring next meeting.
As to stocking your sand bed, I alternately use www.inlandaquatics.com and www.ipsf.com. Highly recommend adding the spagetti worms to whichever kit you get.
Are you also setting up a fuge in your sump? If so I will also donate some macro to help get you started there too.

Mike

Terry.cx
02/16/2004, 11:04 AM
With all that live rock, your sand should be teaming with life in no time. Also, my Southdown made a milkshake for about 24 hours then settled down. You might want to get a turkey baster to blow the dust off everything as it settles down.