PDA

View Full Version : Why is the WRS website been down?

Aquabucket
02/15/2004, 12:39 PM
I need directions and times for upcoming meetings, but the website has been down for awhile now. What gives?

Ereefic
02/16/2004, 02:05 PM
Works for me.

MiddletonMark
02/16/2004, 02:27 PM
Me too.

http://www.wisconsinreefsociety.org/

Might want to sign up for the yahoo groups mailing list [or register and read online] as that's where most of the info goes through.

Good meeting yesterday ... host had a very sweet acrylic tank [growing] ... but 6' x 2' tall x 3' deep. Lovely tank, great guy too :D

Aquabucket
02/16/2004, 03:07 PM
Sure it works now, but has been down for the past few days. My cousin could not get to it either. It just bumbed you to one of those yahoo "sorry" pages.

Ereefic
02/16/2004, 03:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, what Internet Service Provider are you useing?

I've been having problems accessing some sites recently, and wonder if it might be related to ISP.

Aquabucket
02/16/2004, 09:58 PM
Earthlink, dial-up for now.

grafxguy
02/18/2004, 11:39 PM
Sorry you have been having problems but the WRS web site has NEVER been down since it was started 4 years ago. Check your address as it is www.wisconsinreefsociety.org

eric

Aquabucket
02/19/2004, 05:04 PM
There may be a problem with your DNS server. I am a web designer and I can tell you there is something wrong with accessing the site, because I was unable to access it again today. Is there a redirect code of sorts?

C-Water
02/20/2004, 09:43 AM
Works every time without fail.

Aquabucket
02/20/2004, 01:40 PM
It may work for a majority of surfers.
After examining your page code I think you may have problems with the css script in the head section of your html. This script could cause problems with older browsers or create some conflicting problems with some ISPs.

Much of the code there can be simplified to obtain the same results.

Today for insance I was able to access the site. Some of the header tags are placed in the wrong place and should start a new column.

I would sugest running the page on one of the free internet sites that evaluate your html code.