PDA

View Full Version : Free 100 gallon tank

Rhodophyta
02/14/2004, 05:49 PM
Do you know anyone who would like to pick up a free 100 gallon tank in Brunswick? It is a project tank. It will take some time and effort to fix this tank up the right way. Or if you just want it for a sump, you could simply set a glass replacement bottom inside on top of the mess someone made of the bottom of this tank.

It's very heavy, and has some scratches on the glass. It must be twenty years old or older. It seeps rather than leaks, so you get salt crystals forming under it on the cracks.

I was looking a little closer at the tank since trying to get off the botched job patches. One is off. The other two would take a while to remove since they are too tight. The person did not the right size patches and didn't use enough silicone, putting it on the edges of the patch instead of right on top of the crack being covered. This makes it leak slowly because they squished the sealant too thin trying to save money on silicone. This also makes it a pain to remove. Probably removing the bottom and then working under the patches with a metal guitar string or piano wire would be the best approach to removing the last two patches. If the bottom is off, I would be inclined to replace it rather than repair and reuse it.

The glass is half inch. I have part of the frame off. It measures 72+ X 18+ X 21+. That calculates to 117.82?? gallons. It's about two inches shorter than the new 125 I just bought to replace it.

Rhodophyta
02/20/2004, 07:17 PM
The tank has been picked up.