PDA

View Full Version : February Meeting Recap

algaeguy
02/14/2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

If you didn't have an opportunity to attend last night's meeting, here is a recap...

Everyone stoically endured my over exposed tank shots and survived my presentation. Fortunately, there were no tomatoes or other rotten fruits thrown at me, so I guess it went well. Thanks to Todd and Dennis for bringing the Powerpoint projectors, or I would have been drawing stick figures on the walls.

Jim Wolfe, our featured speaker, gave an engaging and humorous presenatation on the aging marine aquarium. What was interesting about Jim's approach was that he presented a way of looking at your tank "holistically," meaning that you observe overall changes and occurances taking place in the system. As a professor, he presented the material in a very concise and interesting format.

The raffle went very well with Dave P. winning the coveted 1" Sea Swirl and Bryan Green winning the 75 gallon tank. We had 5 new members join!!!! And attendance was over 50 people!

It was nice to see people that haven't come in awhile. Please be sure to check with our membership chairman Mark Reed if you have not renewed your membership dues for 2004.

Saturday, February 21st is Whale Watching. Check the MASLAC website or DRD's (Rabbit) post regarding the whale watching on this forum.

Calcium Reactor workshop is coming up, so contact John Foster if you are interested in building one.

The month of March will feature tank presentation by Graham Stephan (Pineapple House) and Mark Loos of Long Beach Aquarium regarding Jellyfish keeping at home.

Another fantastic meeting of MASLAC! See you next month.

Regards,
Scott F.
Publicity Chair

cali_reef
02/14/2004, 01:44 PM
Really enjoyed your presentation, even the pics of your dogs. Not too sure about the pic of you reading thou. :)