PDA

View Full Version : Reef Club in Duluth, Mn/Superior, Wi

fahz
02/14/2004, 11:39 AM
Hi all:

Anyone interested in starting a reef club in Duluth/Superior. I'm think of a club with regular meetings, Frag swaps, and help if you really need it and more. You know someone to talk to about reefing who isn't trying to sell you something and can support your good ideas and stop your bad impulses. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can get something rolling. If you don't want to talk but are interested PM me and i'll put you on the list for a notice if this flies.

Fahz

fahz
02/18/2004, 05:19 PM
It would appear we do have some interest. I'm tied up until March 5th but will be shooting for something around the third week of March. If anyone know a good free place for a small meeting please contact me.

Fahz

goavs21
02/28/2004, 03:39 AM
I would really like to see something to this order organize. And I am very willing to help.

Let me know where we can go from here.

Joe

JnS
02/29/2004, 12:47 PM
Jim,
I am willing to make a web site for free for your club, you would just have to pay for domain name and hosting, which I can get you as well....but the actual design would be free.

Jerry

lilswanwillow
02/29/2004, 10:13 PM
i would be willing to come over that way if its on a weekend, and help organize anything you need.

DLeAnnM
03/01/2004, 02:50 PM
I am up near Eveleth but would be interested. Let me know!

fahz
03/06/2004, 11:44 AM
OK I'm back from vacation and will be looking for a meeting site Monday. I'm think about an afternoon meeting on Saturday March 20th which is the first day of spring. Anyone know where I can get a projector to plug into my laptop computer for a powerpoint slide show I have put together. I will post some notices at the LFS once I get a meeting site.

The vacation was great snorkeling in Jamaica and The Grand Caymans on the reef tops was unreal. Ricordias, Giant mushrooms, zooanthids, anomones, sea fans, brain corals, seawhips, etc. not to mention tons of great fish. Even met a Rainbow Wresse who wanted to come to the USA in the worst way.

More later

Fahz

fahz
03/06/2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by goavs21
I would really like to see something to this order organize. And I am very willing to help.

Let me know where we can go from here.

Joe

Will keep you posted and could use some help once I get a meeting site.

Fahz

fahz
03/06/2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JnS
Jim,
I am willing to make a web site for free for your club, you would just have to pay for domain name and hosting, which I can get you as well....but the actual design would be free.

Jerry

Jerry:

Thanks hold that thought we need to get organized a little but will get back to you on a web site. Read your PM on inverts. How long will you have them. We may be interested in a group order if this meeting works out.

Fahz

fahz
03/06/2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lilswanwillow
i would be willing to come over that way if its on a weekend, and help organize anything you need.

I knew I'd peak your interest how does Saturday the 20th about 1PM sound if I can get a site.

Fahz

fahz
03/06/2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DLeAnnM
I am up near Eveleth but would be interested. Let me know!

Your on will let you know once I get firm plans put together.

Fahz

fahz
03/06/2004, 12:05 PM
Hey:

Great to get a little buzz going here I'll do my best to make this worth while. Sounds like we have some people interested in a little frag trading, buying, selling etc. and I'm sure we all have some surplus equipment we would like to sell.

Fahz

marm64
03/06/2004, 05:56 PM
Saturday the 20th look fine for me. I do not know where you could get a projector from unless you were to get a meeting room somewhere.

Hey Fahz I am going to the TCMAS meeting on Tuesday and was going to go to Jerrys if you are interested in anything let me know and I could pick it up for you.

kathy79
03/06/2004, 06:33 PM
Hey fahz, you sent me an pm a couple weeks ago, and I m still interested on coming, just let me know on the whereabouts of this meeting. Im actually looking forward to this meeting, hopefully I could get some good pointers on my tank
Kathy

JnS
03/07/2004, 12:31 AM
Fahz,
let me know and I can compile a list of whats left. Mark can always pick it up for you also :)

Mark- you stopping before the meeting or after? di I send you distructions? lol

marm64
03/07/2004, 08:20 PM
Jerry sent you a PM

fahz
03/08/2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by kathy79
Hey fahz, you sent me an pm a couple weeks ago, and I m still interested on coming, just let me know on the whereabouts of this meeting. Im actually looking forward to this meeting, hopefully I could get some good pointers on my tank
Kathy

Kathy:

Your on my list to contact once things are firmed up. I'm sure we can all give you more then enough pointers.

Fahz

goavs21
03/08/2004, 06:58 PM
Fahz,

Glad to hear things are coming along with the reef club.

Not a great response from WOF, I heard. Was the convo bad enough to warrant a flame?

I wanted to tell you that I found and ordered the Red Flint gravel you brought in to the store. And I had a question, do you use the gravel alone, or are you mixing it with some other substrate?

- Joe

fahz
03/08/2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by goavs21
Fahz,

Glad to hear things are coming along with the reef club.

Not a great response from WOF, I heard. Was the convo bad enough to warrant a flame?

I wanted to tell you that I found and ordered the Red Flint gravel you brought in to the store. And I had a question, do you use the gravel alone, or are you mixing it with some other substrate?

- Joe

Joe:

WOF is fine they are just being consevative. They will come around because it's good for business to be involved. Hope all the LFS's see it that way. Your boss Greg called me and he's onboard 100% which makes me really happy.

I used the Red Flint as an overlay with an 1 1/2" of Flourite substrate on the bottom for a total of 3" or so. The Flourite is an iron rich clay which makes a freshwater planted tank take off along with the CO2 injection.

Fahz