PDA

View Full Version : HVRK - Our Mission Statement

Reelfish
02/14/2004, 10:18 AM
I have been a member for a long time and am proud of it. I feel we have a excellent mission statement and we reflect it. I have met many people and enjoy them as fellow reefkeepers. We share our experiences, knowledge and the benefit of our career choices. I am a Electrical Contractor and have helped several members with outlet installations. ( hope the LEC, local electrical contractor does not see this). I will not alter my association with this club to succumb to outside pressure or false accusations. We know who we are and what we are about. I hope that all our dedicated members feel the same way and we do not change the directions we have chosen. I look forward to many annual events as that is what a club is all about. See you at the next meeting.
Bob

andro
02/14/2004, 11:13 AM
I could not agree more.

-Ian
Proud to be a member of HVRK

Franks Reef
02/14/2004, 11:28 AM
Bob,

I totally agree. Although, in the heat of all this BS, I was unsure of my future with certain LFS's and the club. I am now starting to think more clearly and feel that the heart of this club is headed in the right direction and has the right "mission" in mind. Let's just stay focused on the possitives and the real reasons that Tom Z., Rob R., Brian, Bob H., and myself initially started this group. That is to help each other and this hobby.

Frank

skearse
02/17/2004, 11:23 AM
Just a bump to keep this fresh in everyone's mind (not that it would go to far away with everything else going on)!

nine9d
02/17/2004, 02:43 PM
Great thread Reelfish. Ever since I started with the meetings and chatting with the guys, I have had great experiences and have gained much knowledge in the reef hobby. I am glad to be a member and also look forward to many more meetings and outings. See you all soon.

cybertomtbcb
02/17/2004, 02:50 PM
Bob, Frank, Ian, Stacy and others on this thread. I've been very quiet about a lot. I joined before Christmas and had the pleasure of making the meeting at Franks. I was impressed with the group and liked everyone I had contact with. It is that feeling I got from the group that made me happy with my choice of joining. So, without adding to the BS can we please get back to the foundation the club was built on. I understand that when the main mode of interaction is written dialogue things are going to get diluted, misconstrued etc. but it's up to us to make sense of things, redirect bad information and go forward. I hope this recent issue fades away quickly and we can rise up and proceed with character. I look forward to seeing you all at Ian's and resolving all of our differences!!!!!!!

masterswimmer
02/17/2004, 06:32 PM
Reelfish, thank you for starting this thread. Hopefully it'll guide us back to business as usual. Talking with all the friends I've made here. Intelligent, witty, stimulating conversation about the passion we all share. I'm planning on attending Ian's meeting with my wife. I wouldn't miss Jen's ziti for anything!!

Russ

Sparkysreef
02/17/2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Franks Reef
Bob,

I totally agree. Although, in the heat of all this BS, I was unsure of my future with certain LFS's and the club. I am now starting to think more clearly and feel that the heart of this club is headed in the right direction and has the right "mission" in mind. Let's just stay focused on the possitives and the real reasons that Tom Z., Rob R., Brian, Bob H., and myself initially started this group. That is to help each other and this hobby.

Frank

Uh....Frank......I think you forgot one name in there :rolleye1:

Just kidding

Franks Reef
02/17/2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Sparkysreef
Uh....Frank......I think you forgot one name in there :rolleye1:

Just kidding

Hey Sparky,

I haven't seen you in so long, you must have slipped my mind. Sorry man!!

Frank

seaham358
02/17/2004, 07:22 PM
:p Who's Sparky???:

Sparkysreef
02/17/2004, 08:19 PM
:lolspin: good one Bob

Reelfish
02/17/2004, 08:54 PM
Sparky its nice to hear from you again.
Bob