PDA

View Full Version : Hi all :)

ebolarox
02/12/2004, 08:41 AM
Hi all..

I'm relatively new to the forum, and just found theres a club in the Pittsburgh area. I'm from North Huntingdon, Pa. Just wanted to :wavehand:.

I have a 55 gal sw tank with various corals and fish. I'm 23 and my name is Tina.

Nice to find people from around me with the same hobby :)

wee-reefer
02/12/2004, 01:52 PM
Welcome Tina! My name is Jen. I have been in the hobby for about two years, and I love it. The people in the marine club are the best around. Check out www.pmas.org and the thread on this site, for upcoming details about the next meeting. It should be a good one.

Totlxtc
02/12/2004, 09:23 PM
Welcome Tina!

I'm Chuck and you found a great place for reefing. The club meetings are great and we usually have lots of great speakers throughout the year. Plus lots of cool events like this up coming Aquarium tour!

Adam
02/13/2004, 09:29 AM
Hi Tina!

Nice to hear from you!

Do check out the thread about the trip to the PPG aquarium. We would love to have you come along. If you can't make it, please do come to another meeting and see what we are all about.

Adam

ebolarox
02/13/2004, 09:55 AM
Hey thanks to all of you for the kind words.. I hope to make the meetings, and since they are local and basically no more than a 1/2 trip I'm going to try to make it. Babysitting may be an issue but I can find a way.

Just found out that we're getting another 55 gallon to add to our collection.. so if anyone is selling any live rock, let me know.. :)

Tina

Also.. has anyone purchased the kit from Hummel Bros in Jeannette, Pa for the metal halides? I'm considering getting it and wanted some insight into it.

holeinone1972
02/15/2004, 11:05 AM
Tina,

Glad to hear from you. I never heard of the hmmel brothers, is it an elctrical outlet, or a fish businees.

There are so many ways to get good lights for not much money, I am sure we can be of help, and glad to meet you.

Rob

brian2kgt
02/15/2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Tina,

Hummel Bros is an electrical supply outlet, correct? Would you happen to know if they carry any VHO bulbs? That would be great if they did as I only live about 15mins from Jeannette.

musicsmaker
02/15/2004, 09:29 PM
Welcom to the forums, and to the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarist Society.

ebolarox
02/18/2004, 04:09 PM
Hey all.. what a week.. I'll post my concern in another post, but thanks to all of you that replied :)

Brian,

Ya Hummell is in Jeannette.. I'm not sure that they carry VHO, but he told me that a bunch of people from around here go there for lighting, so I probably can assume if he doesnt have it they can order it.