PDA

View Full Version : CWA, if you're out there...

Oldschooler
02/11/2004, 11:48 PM
...Let's try to put all the past b.s. to rest. Whaddaya think? Basically, it all began with you expressing your God-given right to your opinion (namely, that we at Ebay were "unprofessional" for bashing the Neurotic Jitter). Well, guess what? We've been visited by not one, not two, but THREE of their employees in the last two days and do you know what else? We all got along FINE. We're all cool. In fact, one of 'em bought some stuff from me. A completely different employee sent me a customer earlier in the week, and I've sent THEM about a dozen all week long!

So, having said that, your beef with anyone on this forum really started with you having a beef with ME. And, two posters whom I think very highly of assures me that you are a knowledgeable and normally helpful poster on other forums. So, because I like to think of myself as an adult- albeit a rambunctiously playful one- I'd like to be the first to [try] to extend my hand and say "hey, I can start over if you can"!

You up for it?

~Roberto

Oldschooler
02/11/2004, 11:50 PM
I originally wrote "a poster" but changed the line, and failed to change "assures" to "assure"( for those who are anal like me and watch for those things). LOL

PhoenixINX
02/11/2004, 11:51 PM
any reason this could not have been taken care of via pm? :confused:

Oldschooler
02/12/2004, 08:20 AM
Yes. Because I wanted EVERYONE who got sucked into the scrap between CWA and myself to see that I was trying to put a stop to it. He continues to post negatively in other threads and it takes up WAY more bandwidth than the two above posts from myself. Several posters in this forum see me DAILY, and it almost never fails that SOMEONE brings "him" up during conversation. Because he's become such a big deal to OTHERS, and I sort of feel responsible for "creating" him, I wanted to show that I'm ready to put it to rest.

But thanks for asking! I "get onto" people all the time for taking private things public and wasting everyone else's time, bandwidth, etc. So, normally, your concern would be correct!

~Roberto

PhoenixINX
02/12/2004, 04:54 PM
Ah... well said then.

You Roberto from AQ?

kev-dog1
02/12/2004, 05:25 PM
Extending the ol' olive branch
Good show Old Schooler.

I've begun to see you two in a different light myself, maybe I missed the "humor" in your posts the first time. Anyway I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

kev-dog1

A. Critter Killer
02/12/2004, 11:18 PM
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice everyday reguarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certian way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing that we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convenced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes."

I think I quoted Charles Swindoll correctly, but I think it fits. ----Sean

Oldschooler
02/13/2004, 12:56 AM
Well, thanks, everyone. And I am TRULY sorry, Kev-dog, if you missed the "humor" from earlier posts as you've said. I'm glad to see we've at least *sort* of won you over!

Phoenix, I have no idea what "AQ" stands for, so I guess I'm prolly not THAT "Roberto". If "AQ" stands for the Aquatic Critter (affectionately known by me as "The Neurotic Quitter" or some variation thereof), then yes, I used to work there, for about four years. But I quit, or got "fired", depending on whom you ask! LOL THAT is why Sean and I get such a kick out of messing with them. :) Of course, it's also why CWA thinks we're "unprofessional"- we play "rivals" too rough for him. ;)

Sean- good call. Great quote. You know _I_ believe every word! Learn it. Love it. LIVE it, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Roberto

kevlouie
02/13/2004, 09:35 AM
Sometimes when you need an attitude adjustment, just take a deep breath, (hold it....) and let it out. - Willie Nelson

:smokin: :lol:

Similey's yankin yalls chain.

(i think)

fishdoc11
02/13/2004, 06:00 PM
I'm proud of you Robert. sniff, sniff..........

Oldschooler
02/13/2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, Chris, we kids grow up FAST, these days! :)

cwa46
02/15/2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Oldschooler
Yeah, Chris, we kids grow up FAST, these days! :)

Just because I think you are an immature *** doesn't mean I harbor any ill will. I simply state may opinions and you can take them any way you wish. You though, must make a living, while I do not! Your approach to customer selection and satisfaction will be the final judge as to your success in your business, not my opinion.

Oldschooler
02/16/2004, 12:11 AM
Fair enough, then. I'm TOTALLY confident in my ability to "make a living"- as evidenced by the fact that my "competition" has sent FOUR employees this week, one going so far as to check prices, scam manufacturer info, etc. They have even begun to carry the same products!!! :D What is it they say..? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"!!!

Thanks for the response! We KNEW you loved us!:D

cwa46
02/16/2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Oldschooler
Fair enough, then. I'm TOTALLY confident in my ability to "make a living"- as evidenced by the fact that my "competition" has sent FOUR employees this week, one going so far as to check prices, scam manufacturer info, etc. They have even begun to carry the same products!!! :D What is it they say..? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"!!!

Thanks for the response! We KNEW you loved us!:D

" "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"!!! IF that is true you will really like my ***!

A. Critter Killer
02/16/2004, 08:59 AM
:hmm4: I don't get it...

cwa46
02/16/2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by A. Critter Killer
:hmm4: I don't get it...

Why doesn't that suprise me?