PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of Nano and Lights (Finally)

Pseudo Boy
08/04/2001, 04:07 PM
Well people,

I Have finally got the time to post some pics of the new setup. I put the 175watt halide on the tank with the CSL 32X2 PC's about 3 weeks ago. So here are the pics:

Pets Album (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1761745&a=13589816&f=0)

Pseudo :smokin:

Timbo
08/04/2001, 06:54 PM
not sure if I might be doing something wrong but it doesn't look like any of your pics are shared. Might want to try again.

Tim

Pseudo Boy
08/04/2001, 10:28 PM
Timbo,

Sorry about that. I had wanted to post directly on the board but all the pics were to big. It should work now. If you have any problems the pics are under Pets Album.

mr9iron
08/05/2001, 09:36 AM
Very nice!!!!!! Hows the heat in your tank? Keep us posted, ive been considering putting a 175 above mine so this helps me.:D

king1522
08/05/2001, 12:53 PM
Looks great. Now thats light!!!! Keep us posted.:D

Pseudo Boy
08/05/2001, 05:11 PM
Mr9iron,

The heat starts to build up after the lights are on for more than 4 hours. I have seen the tank temp max out at 92° after 6-7 hours which is way more than I want. I now keep the tank between 79°-84° by using the A/C in the room while the halide are on for 5 hours a day. After that amount of time I see that some of the corals don't like the intense light. The bubble coral closes up and the Hydnopora shrinks to the skeletal structure. The other lights stay on for a 12-13 period a day.

I am getting a mushroom frenzy in the tank again because of the increase in light. The shrooms are trying to hide from the light and are spreading like crazy. This is good news for me because I had lost alot due to the bubble coral stinging some and causing massive shroom die-off.

I just took some more pics today and will post them tommorrow. Full tank pics this time. I finally got my alk up. I used Seachem reefbuilder and it works great and my coraline started to grow. The corals look better also even though some people said that as long as the alk was stable to leave it alone. But my calcium level wouldn't go over 380 even though I dosed with B-Ionic everyday. I even tried dosing Magnesium to see if that would work. It raised y calciun level to 400 and the coral percked up. My level is now at 430 and a alk of 4.0 meq.

I am thinking of switching my skimmer to a CPR bak pak. The Prizm works well but I am going to increase my bio-load and house more SPS. I will probably make a seperate tank (7 Gal AGA of course) just for the SPS. But I might go to a 10 gallon just so I can save money on a hood and add more lighting.

I want to try that new CSL 96 watt smart light with a 250watt 10,000k halide and raise SPS and clams. I am thinking of going to a 20 long tank. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the Kudos :D

ReefHawk
08/05/2001, 07:43 PM
Nice Pseudo Boy!

Looks well established, How long has it been settup?

Pseudo Boy
08/05/2001, 09:06 PM
ReefHawk,

It has been setup since March 18,2001. It was a gift from my fiancee' for my birthday. It was given to me to keep me in the hobby. I have a brand new tank (54 corner) sitting empty in the corner of my room that I was going to give away after being frustrated at not being able to set up because of pending marriage, baby on the way and buying a new house and purchases that my lady makes that I pay for....

She should have let me put up the bigger tank. It would have cost the same:D :D or cheaper.

Thanks for the Kudos.;)

oohnoo
08/06/2001, 09:13 AM
Hey you looking to sell that 54gal corner tank?

Pseudo Boy
08/06/2001, 12:54 PM
oohnoo,

I haven't seen you around for a while. I might sell the tank but won't know for a month or 2. If I don't have a place to put it in the new place I will. The other thing is if I buy a larger tank instead, I will get rid of it. I will keep you in mind. I might trade with you or sell really cheap.

kennerd
08/06/2001, 01:44 PM
ditto on the 54 corner...pop my name on the reminder list, as I'm looking for almost that exact tank for my family room...
Ken

ken@pmiplanning.com

Pseudo Boy
08/06/2001, 05:16 PM
Kennard,

I knew you would rear your head:rolleyes: . How are you doing ? I haven't seen you post in a while either.:( It's no problem. I will add you to the list also.

Peace.

oohnoo
08/06/2001, 08:39 PM
HiHo Pseudo Boy
Summers here and I've been busy working on the house. Started putting in new windows. Too tired at night to read the forums all the time. Good luck with your new arrival and marrage. Where are looking to buy your house?

Pseudo Boy
08/06/2001, 09:32 PM
oohnoo,

I am looking at the houses in Brooklyn. Old Mill Basin to be exact. I need to be close to work and family. I also updated the pics so take a look at them now...

kennerd
08/07/2001, 09:07 AM
Yeah, talk about a quick summer.....I'm afraid to blink: might look @ the calendar & find out it's September.

I've been incredibly busy these last two months: renovations, major yardwork & landscaping, and god forbid: work. The nanos are doing OK, but could be better: little briarium & cyano outbreak in the 12, and a monster diatom outbreak in the 10 FOWLR.

I think the major setback was that Kim @ AH Supply went on vacation for 2 weeks, and I missed getting my hood order in by one day.....Well, it arrived, and the 2x32 retro is finally going onto the 10, and my ISPF shipping confirm just came across the wire, so the refugium will be properly fueled, and the new, sorely needed additional cleanup crew will be a welcome addition.

In the last two weeks, I've broken a spare 20 gal tank, both of my firefish and my randall's goby decided to go carpet surfing (new enclosure should prevent that) and I think I've completely lost my mind. Good news: my mantis is doing fantastic & is a complete riot: nice transluscent green color these days.

Catch y'all later & good luck with the house-hunt!