PDA

View Full Version : Free Coral Banded Shrimp.......

DashHD
02/09/2004, 07:02 PM
Any one in the Charleston area want a free Coral Banded Shrimp ? If so here is the catcher you come to my house and catch this darn thing :p . If anyoneis interested just shoot me a pm .

minfinger
02/09/2004, 08:45 PM
LOL...Sounds pricey ;)

1SQ
02/10/2004, 07:12 AM
thats over my buget

djangoboots
02/10/2004, 10:59 AM
should i start the debate coral banded shrimp vs banded coral shrimp? He he, this is always a good one.

Aquarius Lady
02/10/2004, 03:19 PM
You can't let THAT one get away now Jess, without an explanation! LOL! :D

DashHD
02/10/2004, 04:45 PM
Ok I'll help anyone catch it ! :D

I know it's a high price to pay to get a free shrimp :p .

Simbo18
02/10/2004, 04:53 PM
I'll take it in and put it in my 75 gallon fuge, but I won't be able to help you catch it...... I wouldn't be able to make it up to Goose Creek to get it. LOL, kind of defeats the purpose but it might make you try a little harder knowing you're getting rid of it.....:D

There is a debate over the two?

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

djangoboots
02/10/2004, 04:57 PM
Ok I'll explain. The "technically correct" common name for Stenopus hispidus is a Banded Coral Shrimp. But they are commonly and incorrectly called coral banded shrimp. Some even think they are two different spp. but they're not. Ok OK I know that most people don't really give a darn what you call it, it's the stripy thing with pinchers. But if anyone does care there it is.

Simbo18
02/10/2004, 05:10 PM
Ok, good..... I thought I was missing something. When you said that I thought you were infering that there were two different shrimp but really one name is wrong......
I didn't know it was really a banded coral shrimp..... thanks for the correction!!!

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

Aquarius Lady
02/11/2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks Jess! Always neat to learn new things! :)
BTW, one of teh few online places I saw it correctly called a banded coral shrimp, was on Dr'sFoster & Smith, LiveAquaria.com <G> But yeah, I understand how for someone who is in teh career of it, it could be a pet peeve....I can't stand when people call my dogs "Rockwilers"