PDA

View Full Version : need help with equipment selections

saleencobra
02/09/2004, 02:50 PM
Here's what I am planning for my plumbing setup.. what are your thoughts? will it work? What size and brand pumps? (of course they need to be low wattage and heat exchange) What kind of skimmer will work best? Would it be better to give the reef its own refugium, skimmer & sump? EcoSystems recommends 2000gph on the refugiums...
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=26006

saleencobra
02/09/2004, 02:51 PM
How can I get the picture to show in my posts instead of the link?

saleencobra
02/11/2004, 08:52 PM
anybody?

PSEUDOREEFER
02/11/2004, 09:08 PM
[IMG*]url of pic[/IMG*]

Exclude *

dragon_slayer
02/11/2004, 09:24 PM
here it is for you

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/50164SETUP.jpg

PSEUDOREEFER
02/11/2004, 09:28 PM
Nice :thumbsup:

dgasmd
02/12/2004, 12:03 AM
You could have the first refugium drain by gravity into the second and save yourself a pump. Also, you might want to get a commercial skimmer for sure with as much water volume. You are going to need it regardless of the refugiums.
I would suggest you put the reef tank in its own separate system. It sounds temprying to plumb it all right in, but you'll eventually will have to treat the fish and you don't want to expose the reef tank during or after the treatment.

MAS
02/12/2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah, just a few too pumps are there..............lets "simplify" the operation a bit shall we? =) Lets start with the drainage from all the main tanks into the main sump(which is what size?), the drainage from any of the large main tanks can also be T'd off into the refugiums, then the refugiums can be set in line and/or gravity fed into the main sump itself. This will leave us with only needing a couple of good high flow pumps for the returns back into the main tanks and MAYBE one to feed a potential skimmer and or other acessory(like a chiller). For this much water you dont want to fool around with a hobbyist heater, go with a bayonet or L titanium heater, 220 volts preferably. Skimmer is going to need to turn over a minimum of 2000g of water(but 3-4x turnover is highly preferred for potential heavy stocking levels)but there are still alot of questions on room/space for equipment. I sent you a PM about that btw too. I would like to see ALOT more pictures in good detail for best course of action. You got a potentially sweet system here to work with so we are going to want to take advantage of this with proper forsight and design.

cheers
MAS