PDA

View Full Version : cyclop-eeze, golden pearls

rhdoug
02/09/2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone know of any local sources for cyclop-eeze and golden pearls? I'm having a hard time locating it. If it has to be ordered, anyone interested in splitting an order?

Doppler
02/09/2004, 10:33 AM
http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/FISH_FOODS_/Cyclop-eeze/cyclop-eeze.html

nine9d
02/12/2004, 08:18 AM
From the looks of the responses to this thread, it seems you may have to find an online vendor.

Tomzpc
02/12/2004, 10:13 AM
I've heard of both products but have never used either. Have you already been using them Randall, or anyone else in our forum? If so, how often, how much and what kind of results have you gotten from them?

rhdoug
02/12/2004, 10:17 PM
No, I haven't used either, but have been looking locally for a while with no luck. After Eric's article in this months RK Mag which gave both products a glowing review, I thought it might be time to try them. I may be looking at ordering some next month (this month I took some equipment hits so no more $$ left). I think the frozen stuff gets a better grade than the freeze dried (Cyclop-eeze) Maybe we can see if folks are interested in a group order to spread out the shipping cost.

Doppler
02/12/2004, 10:31 PM
I've been using the freeze dried.I mix it in tank water for about 10 miniutes or it just floats and goes into the overflow.Fish,inverts,LPS and anemone seems to eat it up.I cant tell if my SPS are eating it.The freeze dried goes a long way,I bet the 11oz can will last me a good 6 months.I've even seen my manderin go for it once in awhile

rhdoug
02/12/2004, 10:39 PM
That's good to know. That may be the way for me to go. The frozen stuff comes in way too big a block for my 58 gal tank anyway.

Doppler
02/12/2004, 10:48 PM
I even feed it to my son's fresh water fish and they love it too.My wife appreciates the freeze dried,I have too much crap in the freezer,silversides,mysis,shrimp,clams.Shes gonna kick my arse one of these days

rhdoug
02/12/2004, 10:53 PM
Hey Doppler, your tank looks great. Just checked it out on the site. Nice job!

Doppler
02/13/2004, 10:16 AM
rhdough,THANK YOU...I appreciate the kind words