PDA

View Full Version : Could any HVRK members use about 20 or so lbs. of live rock?

Tomzpc
02/08/2004, 12:36 AM
I took apart quite a bit of my reef tonight so that I could scrape the coralline off the sides of the tank and have decided that I want to lighten my rock load somewhat. I'm not sure how I even had as much as I did crammed into my 90!

I basically have "at least" 20 lbs. worth of live rock (large and medium sized fiji) to get rid of. A couple pieces were near the bottom of my tank and are loaded with sponge growth but not much coralline and a couple have dense purple coralline growth. There may be some stray zoanthids and other polyps but not much to speak of on these rocks. I want to get rid of it today (Sunday) as early as possible so that I can get my tank setup again since right now it's a jumbled mess! The rock is free to a member who can come get it in Pawling. Respond here if interested. If you can't come get it Sunday I may give priority to someone who can so nobody get pi**ed at me now, eh.

Tom Z

nine9d
02/08/2004, 12:38 AM
ARGHHHHH! Why do I have no tank yet!

Tomzpc
02/08/2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by nine9d
ARGHHHHH! Why do I have no tank yet!

Set it up tomorrow dude!

nine9d
02/08/2004, 10:22 AM
HA! Come on man. Help me out, LOL.

andro
02/08/2004, 10:24 AM
How much $$$? I need to put some rock in my fuge.

-Ian

Franks Reef
02/08/2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Tomzpc
The rock is free to a member who can come get it in Pawling. Respond here if interested.
Tom Z

Ian, It's free!! If no one wants it for their display, I can always use some for my sump! Use me as your last resort Tom. I would rather see someone use it in their tank, since the stuff seems so damn expensive all of a sudden!

Tomzpc
02/08/2004, 10:44 AM
Ian...sent you a PM. Give me a call.