PDA

View Full Version : 300G stand started

imsqueak
02/08/2004, 12:02 AM
I laughed at myself rolling sealer/primer on my wood in the driveway today. It was snowing (lightly) as I was rolling. The snow was so spuratic and light; I continued. I got 1 side of the plywood done and 2 sides of the 2x4s. Nope, 3 weeks later and I still dont have finish plans for it. At least I got a material estimate so I can seal and paint it. Since I want it all to seal and dry well, and our temp is so low, waiting another week wont kill me. It can add to the mess in the garage while it dries.

I'll post the plans whenever I get them...

Sir Knight
02/08/2004, 01:08 AM
:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: :thumbsup: :beer:

imsqueak
02/08/2004, 07:07 PM
Ahh, more room in the garage! I can walk in there now without turning sideways. I removed the doors from the old stand and chucked the rest. Got it all primed. They were actually able to mix the primer to the color of the stand will be so it will be easier to paint it. Gonna wait till it's built to actually paint it. 100' of 2x4s, 2 sheets BC (couldnt find AC), 1 regular (?) for the back, of 1/2" plywood, 5# 3" deck screws, 5# of 1.5" deck screws, 1G sealer/primer = $180 from HD and a weekend full of work ~ we painted the office in expectation of moving the 55 in here.

Pandarian
02/08/2004, 08:23 PM
cant wait to see it done and finished :thumbsup:

EvilMel
02/08/2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah I can't wait til you get it done so we can piggyback on all the large orders you are going to place, hah hah.

It's going to be an awesome tank I am sure!

Be sure to let us know when you get ready for ordering.

imsqueak
02/22/2004, 09:32 PM
I got 70% done this weekend. Darn warped 2x4s and no flat & level place to build have given me a fit. I'm gonna tack the ply-siding down until the tank is set. Then I'll button it up tight, add moulding and touch up paint. Sorry, I didnt take pics during the process but I will take some tomorrow with the framework and sides on. It didnt go as smoothly as I hoped but I think it's a good design. I planned it out on excel and "save as" doesnt give an option for a file type that I can post, and I'm too tired to search the internet to find something now so that will come later.

NO, my buddy never sent the design. That's ok, I'm gonna get him back. When he calls to say they are finished I'm gonna make more changes, then more, and when he says "quits" I'll tell him it's been finished for X months!

Depending on how I progress during week nights this week, I might be posting to see if I can get about 5-7 vols to help move it into place next weekend (2/28 or 29). Since we're expecting bad weather this week, that might be optimistic and need to be changed to the following weekend so I'll let you know.