PDA

View Full Version : 4th Pittsburgh area Frag Trade April 2004

Pages : [1] 2

holeinone1972
02/06/2004, 10:03 AM
FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP !!! FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP!!!

Well it is time for another great swap and picnic.

So I am here to please.

Date : Saturday April 24th!

Make a note here if you are interested in coming and what you are able to bring. I will have tons of stuff available from clams, to sps, zoanthids and softies. There will be snacks and drinks for all.

It has been to long since we have had a good trade locally, so we are going to do it better than before.
Time will probably be from Noon till whenever you go home.

I am going to provide the grill food pop and beer. If you want to bring a covered dish or desert by all means please do.

So come one and come all, locals travelers everyone is welcome, if you have nothing to trade there will be stuff for sale.

We are expecting people from all over.

Here are some pics from the last one!
http://www.eastcoastclams.com/database-images/cart-images/personal/bb.jpg

http://www.eastcoastclams.com/database-images/cart-images/personal/dd.jpg

You can go here and get directionsDirections. (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap)

My Address
748 Nordeen Drive
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412) 708-2526

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 10:24 AM
I will be their! Sounds great! So, should I bring my orange chocolate chip cookies again? The last one was awesome! And I'm sure this one will be even better! Rob, tell me when you get any blasto in!
ok lets see, the main thing I am looking for is, well,
BLASTOMUSSA! and i guess like everyone else
zoos
yumas
branching frogspawn, torch, no hammer, don't have luck with those
acanthastrea (i know you are all thinking good luck, just thought I'd post it)
green and purple plating monti.
Kelly

clarkyclown
02/06/2004, 11:17 AM
ill be there with many cool frags this time cause the tax check is back and in stocking up:)I need to get rid of corals i dont like and get some real sps colonies

keebler1
02/06/2004, 11:34 AM
I am in:bounce3: :bounce1:! Let the fraggin' begin tonight! Off the top I think several colored zo frags, mettalic striped shrooms, maybe some xenia. Have several limpets if anyone is interested. Looking for whatever my wallet can handle......... Looking for shrooms and LPS mostly. I am sure the lists will change by the swap.

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 11:43 AM
I'll be there with bells on (and my keys tied to my belt loop).

Rob, you ought to check with Fizz to see if you can get something set up like the website he did for the NCPARS swap this weekend. (EVERYONE IS WELCOME!)

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

It keeps track of all the swaps and allows posting of pics of the frags. It even prints out a summary of what you are trading with everyone else, "wish lists", and how much you owe each other. Exceedingly cool! We'll have over 80 swappers PLUS their groupies (read spouses).
Thanks for hosting again!
I'll be looking for SPS frags or colonies.

Tagamet

zooqi
02/06/2004, 12:57 PM
So far so good with me.

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 02:02 PM
WOOO Frag Swap!! Lets see, if I go to the Ohio one, I won't have anything to bring to this one. It's tough when they're spaced so close together.
I know I can bring
=Cheatomorpha
=Mini stars
=Amphipods

Jen

yellowtruck75
02/06/2004, 02:12 PM
I will be there as long as finals don't interfere. I am looking for anything SPS

TomH
02/06/2004, 02:16 PM
Hey Rob -- I'll be glad to make the trip to the 'burgh -- just try to save me one of those light-blue maximas (or a really-well-colored teardrop)!!

Tom

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 04:51 PM
i know one frag I'll be bringing will be a nice pink/red/brown acropora frag with yellow/lime green polyps. Would prefur to trade this for a blasto frag.
Kelly

holeinone1972
02/06/2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
I'll be there with bells on (and my keys tied to my belt loop).

Rob, you ought to check with Fizz to see if you can get something set up like the website he did for the NCPARS swap this weekend. (EVERYONE IS WELCOME!)

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

It keeps track of all the swaps and allows posting of pics of the frags. It even prints out a summary of what you are trading with everyone else, "wish lists", and how much you owe each other. Exceedingly cool! We'll have over 80 swappers PLUS their groupies (read spouses).
Thanks for hosting again!
I'll be looking for SPS frags or colonies.

Tagamet

Tag,

I will have to talk to FIZZ and my webmaster to see if we can use his program, and a fast server.

Rob

intranet
02/06/2004, 05:14 PM
Count me in! Won't have anything to trade since I'm just starting out but will be lookin to buy some !!

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 05:19 PM
see dave, i knew you'd find the thread!
Oh, i will also be bringing an orange monti. cap. frag
orange zoos
and don't get your hopes up, but MAYBE bringing an awesome frag of bright blue centered zoos. They are my favorite and stick out.
And i also may be bringing a small pink ricordia yuma
Kelly

rickyfins
02/06/2004, 05:28 PM
I have some softies I'd like to trade. and some small Monti frags!

See ya soon

rick

TomH
02/06/2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by pixburg-reefer
i know one frag I'll be bringing will be a nice pink/red/brown acropora frag with yellow/lime green polyps. Would prefur to trade this for a blasto frag.
Kelly

I'll probably have a nice blasto frag by then. PM me if you're interested.

Tom

Nyxll
02/06/2004, 06:16 PM
I should be there too :) I made too many frags for the upcoming Ohio meet and will save some for your swap. If you want I will volunteer for grill slave duties again or you can let someone else have a shot :) I will post my frag availability list in a couple weeks. And Tag, I got a piece of that acro set aside for ya still :P

Greg

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 06:19 PM
hey greg! Ya, vote for you on the grill! :)
Tom- what kind of blasto? color?
Thanks
Kelly

Nyxll
02/06/2004, 06:22 PM
I should be there too :) I made too many frags for the upcoming Ohio meet and will save some for your swap. If you want I will volunteer for grill slave duties again or you can let someone else have a shot :) I will post my frag availability list in a couple weeks. And Tag, I got a piece of that acro set aside for ya still :P

Greg

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Nyxll
...And Tag, I got a piece of that acro set aside for ya still :P
Greg

Excellent! My CA reactor is literally on it's way! YAY! I'm really hoping things start taking off in the SPS tank shortly thereafter!
(fingers crossed)
Tagamet

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:16 PM
Hmm, where's Jason at? I thought he'd be all over this thread.

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:27 PM
ya, ware is he? He is missing all the action!

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 07:29 PM
ya, ware is he? He is missing all the action!

Geez Louise! It's two months until the SWAP! (lol)

Tagamet

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:35 PM
Geez Louise! It's two months until the SWAP! (lol)

Tagamet

I gotta get ready!

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:35 PM
two months will be gone in no time! He should be all over this thread!
Kelly

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 07:40 PM
two months will be gone in no time! He should be all over this thread!
Kelly

Youth is soooo wasted on the young....

Tagamet

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:44 PM
Tag, you can have mine-it's useless:D

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:48 PM
:p :rolleyes:

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by wee-reefer
Tag, you can have mine-it's useless:D

I wish I was still around to ask you about that in 40 years. I'm betting your opinion will have changed. It's a little like virginity - you only miss it once it's gone.
Tagamet

picassomike
02/06/2004, 07:52 PM
So far,I'll be there.

Mike

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 07:53 PM
Ahhay, who said I missed that? lol ;)

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by wee-reefer
Ahhay, who said I missed that? lol ;)

I never said you lost it!

Tagamet

wee-reefer
02/06/2004, 08:20 PM
I never said you lost it!

Tagamet

Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! Ah fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! :crazy1:

pixburg-reefer
02/06/2004, 08:33 PM
lol, you guys are too funny. And monty python lives on.
Kelly

wee-reefer
02/07/2004, 10:40 PM
Hey! It worked!! Yippeeeee!

musicsmaker
02/09/2004, 10:17 PM
Me? Frag swap? Who would have thought I would be interested in something like that?

wee-reefer
02/09/2004, 11:16 PM
Educated guess? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by musicsmaker
Me? Frag swap? Who would have thought I would be interested in something like that?

pixburg-reefer
02/10/2004, 03:18 PM
hey, can I post a thread in the reef discussion about this swap? I don't think many people know about it because it is under the PMAS forums. I thought their would be way more replies by now.
Kelly

holeinone1972
02/10/2004, 03:39 PM
Feel free to. I used a link in the last frag swap thread and put another link in the ncpars thread.

Rob

ps Don't forget it is way early.

pixburg-reefer
02/10/2004, 03:43 PM
ok, well, i'll do it still. Any luck with getting any blasto rob?
Kelly

Corals and More
02/12/2004, 08:03 AM
We will be coming. Not sure yet if we'll have trades but we will try. But, we will be getting stuff.

Rich & Kelly

dkh0331
02/12/2004, 08:29 AM
I'll be there with dead presidents to trade for frags. Have to fill up the 110 that I got from Rob at last years swap.

David

musicsmaker
02/22/2004, 12:41 AM
Kelly, did you ever start that thread?

pixburg-reefer
02/22/2004, 03:18 PM
I did, I got one reply. I'll bump it back up to the top. Doesn't seem like as many people are interested this time. Wonder why? I thoght their would be a lot of people at this one
Kelly

Nyxll
02/22/2004, 03:32 PM
Kelly, I just got back from the Cleveland swap at Salty Critters. For nearly the 1st month of the post I almost consided not going because it seemed that there wasn't much interest in the thread. There ended up with around 100 - 150 people there. It was a huge swap which is leaving me probably with little available for next swap, but by then who knows. I was telling people at the swap about Rob's swap and musicmaker posted in their swap thread about it.

Greg

pixburg-reefer
02/22/2004, 04:29 PM
Well that's great! I hope this one is bigger than last time! But, that's the problem. Their is also a swap set before robs, which means with all these swaps, I hope someone will have something! lol. How was the cleveland swap?
Kelly

musicsmaker
02/22/2004, 07:03 PM
The Cleveland swap rocked. People have been posting and situating things for that swap for the past month or so. That's why these other threads haven't been getting much attention. What other swaps are coming up soon?

pixburg-reefer
02/22/2004, 09:00 PM
um, their is this one,
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=302595&goto=newpost
Kelly
(hope to see all you guys at the zoo!!!) :) :) :)

djcool563
02/22/2004, 10:56 PM
will ther be any good xenia there looking to buy some good ones for my all xenia tank

johndawg
02/25/2004, 10:08 PM
Hey all. Just wanted to let you all know I'll be including info in next two C-SEA newsletters. MY wife loves the 'burgh, so I think I have a good excuse for a road trip!
John

wee-reefer
02/25/2004, 11:48 PM
Cool, thanks John!

dkh0331
02/26/2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
Tag,

I will have to talk to FIZZ and my webmaster to see if we can use his program, and a fast server.

Rob

Rob,
Have you had an opportunity to invetigate this .... or has the brain transplant surgery impeaded your efforts :D

David

holeinone1972
02/26/2004, 09:59 AM
I had talked a little to Fizz, and it sounds like he is keeping the program for private use, and may eventually sell or rent it.

So we are on our own to keep track, and make our own records.

Rob
ECC

We are also investigating finding a hall, nearby my place so we can accomadate more folks, and it is also a pmas meeting date. We may just combine the swap, then a meeting along with a great raffle, and hopefully a great speaker.

As long as it is close by, folks are welcome to come by before during and after.

Rob

dkh0331
02/26/2004, 10:42 AM
I had talked a little to Fizz, and it sounds like he is keeping the program for private use, and may eventually sell or rent it.

Rob
ECC

We are also investigating finding a hall, nearby my place so we can accomadate more folks, and it is also a pmas meeting date. We may just combine the swap, then a meeting along with a great raffle, and hopefully a great speaker.

As long as it is close by, folks are welcome to come by before during and after.

Rob

OK even tho 2 months out -
I've got:
55 gallon tank w/ stand - non drilled
1 - fairly florescent orange florida ric - almost 1/2 dollar size
1 - blue florida ric - dime size
1 - 1 1/2 - 2" neon green Hydnophora frag
Several "very rare" Deerhunter campnella droppings - 2" or so(they rank up there w/ the tyree PM's that are going for $450 a frag - yes? :D )

Not much, but I will also have dead prez's to trade.

David

Nyxll
02/26/2004, 03:41 PM

Rob
ECC

Rob

No guarantees but I could possibly program something like Fizz's site but its been years since I did anything with .asp or .php pages. I also have a fast server I could put it on. In the meantime anyone that wants a free excel spreadsheet laid out for a frag swap you can get it here.....excel worksheet (http://ark.mudservices.com/nyxstuff/swaps_skeleton.xls) I used it for the Cleveland one & it helped alot. It keeps track of everything yuou are bringing and all your prearanged trades sales or purchases. It even adds all up all the costs & gives you a + or - dollar value so you have an idea how much cash to bring if needed.

I will be posting a website with my available frags in the next week or two. The Cleveland swap wiped my frag supply so right now it is a tad limited but not too bad.

Frags I am guessing should be ready for the swap......
green acro(millipora or prostrata? .. I think prostrata)
green birdsnest
elkhorn montipora
purple tip acro(nana?)
green polyp monti(hispida?)
a few monti digitata
green
orange
purplish polyp
a couple different monti cap frags...
red
green with slight purpleish rim(coloring up)
brown with purple polyps(maybe)
and a few zoas....
lt green/white starburst/yellowish green
red/ brown & teal/teal
green/green & brown/yellow

Some of this stuff might not make it to the swap and there is other stuff that may be ready by then. There could be only 1 of some of these frags and several of others. Ill know when I start fragging.

Rob I told your wife last time I would bring her some Smith's hot dogs since they aren't available down there. Does she want the ones with the casings or no casings? Also, if you are doing an ORA order before the swap I would really like one of the ORA purple acro millipora frags. & maybe a blue tort frag depending on how much they would be going for.

Tagament I havent forgotten your acro frag still. Got anything to trade yet?

Greg

Grimstein
02/29/2004, 08:50 PM
count me in. will have update on frag list in a bit. long enough post nyx??lol jk but yeah im there

pixburg-reefer
02/29/2004, 10:26 PM
still looking for blastomussa, lobophyllia, or favia.... frogspawn, or some frogspawn, or maybe some frogspawn...... I just don't want the all green. I have a huge one that is all green, with green tips.
Kelly

Steven Pro
03/01/2004, 07:46 AM
still looking for blastomussa, lobophyllia, or favia.... frogspawn, or some frogspawn, or maybe some frogspawn...... I just don't want the all green. I have a huge one that is all green, with green tips.
Kelly

I have some green and purple frogspawn that I could sell or trade. I have some Blastomussa, but I am looking for other colors. I have green with red centers and red with blue-gray centers.

ebolarox
03/01/2004, 10:51 AM
Hey if you guys need help w/ php or programming and websites in general, send me a pm.. I can help anyway you need it.

Doan
03/01/2004, 10:52 AM
My wife and I are in although we are newbs and really don't have anything to trade yet we will be looking to buy :)

Doan

pixburg-reefer
03/01/2004, 05:57 PM
steve, some of that frogspawn would be cool. Do you have merleti or wellsi? Um, how about some acro. Any interest in a frag of that?
Kelly

Steven Pro
03/03/2004, 09:10 AM
Kelly,
I only have merleti. If you have wellsi, I would swap for that.

zooqi
03/03/2004, 03:00 PM
can't wait for this meeting and it is always fun coming to Rob's meetings. Anybody wants to be picked up on the way down ? I will make sure I don't have the car problem this time by checking everything. Last time the timing built went bad half the way and had to rent a car and were a little late but had good time.

Nyxll
03/03/2004, 03:40 PM
Hey Mo.... If you dont mind you could swing by & pick up Grim & me. :) It's not too far out of the way.

Greg

pixburg-reefer
03/03/2004, 06:14 PM
no, i don't have any wellsi. I have 6 different colors of merleti, and only one is fraggable, but i really don't want to frag it yet.
I will still be bringing 2 or 3 frags of a pink/peachish colored acro with lime green polyps with me
Kelly

Steven Pro
03/04/2004, 11:59 AM
I also have a pair of Clarki-type clowns.

Tracie74
03/14/2004, 02:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new and can't trade anything but I would love to buy some maiden cup algae. Anyone have any?

Tracie

z_rivers
03/14/2004, 08:10 PM
plan on me being there, but unfortunatly i dont have anything to trade since my tank is only 6 months old and i havent bought a lot. hoping to buy some stuff off you guys. if you plan on selling me anything, please let me know. thanks.

-rivers

holeinone1972
03/14/2004, 08:50 PM
Believe me there will be tons. I am fragging my brains out now.

A few of us just made about 250 frag plugs today, so there will be frags, frags, and more frags.

Rob

wee-reefer
03/14/2004, 11:24 PM
I am fragging my brains out now.

Rob, a frag of your brains wont get you much on the market!:D
I can't wait!!! :beer:

ebolarox
03/16/2004, 08:08 AM
Hey, who do I give my membership $ to if I can attend this? I tried to submit my information over the website but got an error?

Tina

topjimmy
03/16/2004, 09:10 AM
What time will it start?

I am being dragged (kicking and screaming) to the Benedem to see "Moving On" Show starts at 2:00...prob no time for me to stop in and swoop down on all the good stuff.

I feel sorry that you all will have to eat some of Tag's famous recipie chicken. No GRILLMIESTER this time.

Later
JimC.

holeinone1972
03/16/2004, 09:43 AM
Official start time is noon. But I always welcome early comers as early as 10 am.

Rob

holeinone1972
03/16/2004, 09:45 AM
Tina,

You can always email Chris F. membership co-ordinator.

chris@pmas.org

We have a meeting at the end of this month at Elmer's in Monroeville I believe.

Rob

ebolarox
03/16/2004, 09:50 AM
Rob,

Sounds good, I will email him shortly. Thanks !

Steven Pro
03/16/2004, 11:25 AM
Official start time is noon. But I always welcome early comers as early as 10 am.

Rob

Is this still going to be at your place or are we considering a larger venue at the local fire department or one of the area hotels?

holeinone1972
03/16/2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by StevenPro
Is this still going to be at your place or are we considering a larger venue at the local fire department or one of the area hotels?

Steve,

Don't know. I have not had any luck getting the firemen to return my calls.

Did you have any luck with the hotels on Leb. Church?

To All: Unless changed the swap is still at my place, we are trying to find a local firehall or hotel so we may combine swap and pmas meeting all in one.

Rob

z_rivers
03/16/2004, 04:16 PM
im a volunteer firefighter, you could use our firestation if you want to hold it in cranberry.

-rivers

holeinone1972
03/17/2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by z_rivers
im a volunteer firefighter, you could use our firestation if you want to hold it in cranberry.

-rivers

Sounds good. Not for this event, but I am sure we will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks for the offer, Rob

holeinone1972
03/24/2004, 01:53 PM
Ok everybody we are 1 month away now till the swap.

Here are a few things I will have for trade or sale.

Rose Anemones
Orange monti caps
Green monti caps
Green Millepora
Toadstoll leathers
Green spaghetti leather
zoanthids galore
Clams (I know your all shocked)
And I am sure there will be tons more.

So make sure you put up a list of what you may have or may want.
Bring another reefer if you can, and spread the word.

Rob

Python73
03/24/2004, 02:24 PM
I vote for the Cranberry VFD. That's 2 minutes from my house. :)

Kelly - if you decide to frag those blue zoos, I'll frag one of my blastos that you don't have yet.

Looks like I am actually free that weekend, so I'll be attending. I'll post what I'm bringing in a couple of weeks. No sense reading what will eventually be a 15 page monster until then.

S !

z_rivers
03/24/2004, 03:14 PM
python where you live?

Python73
03/24/2004, 03:22 PM
Just off of Haine School road.

S !

musicsmaker
03/24/2004, 03:28 PM
Rob, put me down for an orange monti cap. I was actually just getting ready to PM you about that.

Tagamet
03/24/2004, 05:40 PM
I also have a pair of Clarki-type clowns.

Hi Steven,
YGPM
Tagamet

vijaysub
03/25/2004, 05:14 PM
Didn't you guys hear. They won't let Rob into cranberry that why we can't have the swap up here. :-)

Vijay

Python73
03/25/2004, 05:36 PM
Hmm. He was up here the other day. Who do I report it to? :)

By the way Rob - your reef plugs are done. Adam has them.

S !

Steven Pro
03/26/2004, 09:40 AM
It looks like my Clarki Clowns have been claimed. I will also be bringing a few Branching Frogspawn heads and Blastomussa merleti (red with green centers).

musicsmaker
03/26/2004, 10:24 AM
Is the Reef Discussion forum ready for a thread? Or maybe a bump on the existing one?

holeinone1972
03/26/2004, 10:42 AM
musicsmaker.... bump, bump, bump it up!

rob

ebolarox
03/27/2004, 10:50 PM
I finally found something!! Worms!! Anyone want a long white thin worm that is as long as my 55?

I was curious so I got my flashlight out and WOW I cant believe what is out and about at night. Also found a huge bristle worm.

Got a BUNCH of flea looking things as well, cant find what they really look like, but i'm thinking they're a pod of some sort.

On the other hand.. I have a red gorgonian that is very tempermental.. hes happy one week, then closed up for another. So if anyone is up for him, he's pretty big.

z_rivers
03/28/2004, 11:21 AM
how big?

-rivers

ebolarox
03/28/2004, 02:16 PM
Want a pic? I think hes big.. probably mini to most of you.

holeinone1972
03/28/2004, 04:24 PM
Sure we all want a pic.

Rob

ebolarox
03/28/2004, 07:11 PM
Here it is.. Its an older picture and relatively blurry (just got my cam then).

Any takers on the bizarre worms? :)

wee-reefer
03/28/2004, 07:15 PM
-Was your camera on acid? LOL

27 days until the frag swap!!! I'm bringing beer from John Harvards, any requests (besides a dark beer, I will have some of that;))?

ebolarox
03/28/2004, 07:49 PM
lol.. I'm still trying to figure out how to take tank pictures with it. I had it on a setting with a hand that looks like its waving and thats the only way I could get it to take w/o flash.

DARK BEER!! YES! I'm there just for that :)

musicsmaker
03/28/2004, 09:55 PM
You are going to fit in just fine. :D

Doan
03/31/2004, 12:05 PM
This is gonna be unpopular but how bout some Miller Lite as well :) or If you guys want I will be happy to bring some... Heck if someone has a tap I can just pull whatever is left on the big day out of my beermiester and bring the whole 1/4 keg :)

(really)

Doan

JCorbett
03/31/2004, 01:03 PM
Just dont hide your empties in the instant ocean bucket on your way. It could be embarrassing when your first customer sees you remove the lid only to discover a couple of empty road pops floating amongst your frags.

ebolarox
03/31/2004, 02:21 PM
Hey I have a case or so of beast left over from a party I had.. Should still be good (well.. its never good....)

Tina

musicsmaker
03/31/2004, 02:25 PM
Doan, I think I should have a tap laying around somewhere. I'll look around for it when I get home from work.

holeinone1972
03/31/2004, 02:40 PM
Sounds good, please if you can bring a small side dish of something. Anything is appreciated.

Rob

Doan
04/01/2004, 01:02 PM
Ok music I will bring a quarter of miller lite... Also I have a little plastic basin to put it in if someone could get some ice :)
Let me know for sure music if you can find that tap so that I am not lugging a keg for nothing :) I would hate to see a bunch of reefers trying to cut the top of a keg of beer LOL:)
Doan

Nyxll
04/05/2004, 10:02 PM
Less than 3 weeks to go & I think I have my list together..... I am running out of room so I am mainly looking for equipment or to sell but I am sure I will bring a few nice frags home, preferably acros. I know I need a wave timer, halide reflectors, co2 accesories, ph controller, balasts (pc/vho/mh), and maybe another tank. My frags are listed on this website..... Please respond vis PMs :)

http://www.aotcmud.org/nyxstuff/swap/avail_frags.htm

Greg

Tagamet
04/05/2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Nyxll
Less than 3 weeks to go & I think I have my list together..... I am running out of room so I am mainly looking for equipment or to sell but I am sure I will bring a few nice frags home, preferably acros. I know I need a wave timer, halide reflectors, co2 accesories, ph controller, balasts (pc/vho/mh), and maybe another tank. My frags are listed on this website..... Please respond vis PMs :)
http://www.aotcmud.org/nyxstuff/swap/avail_frags.htm
Greg

I've got a nice dual gauge CO2 valve. It's a quality unit, but I ended up with two of pretty much the same things. I may end up holding onto it until I get a CO2 tank and reactor to go with it, but I might be swayed by some colorful SPS frags.
Also regardiong the swap, is anyone interested in the tiny brittle stars that grow on the glass, or some nice pink/purple coraline scrapings?
Tagamet

dkh0331
04/06/2004, 06:01 AM
55 gallon tank w/ stand - non drilled (holding for nyxll)
1 - fairly florescent orange florida ric - almost 1/2 dollar size
1 - blue florida ric - dime size
1 - 1 1/2 - 2" neon green Hydnophora frag
Several "very rare" Deerhunter campnella droppings - 2" or so(they rank up there w/ the tyree PM's that are going for $450 a frag - yes? :D )
Many dead presidents

Looking for SPS's (acro's), rics's, frogspawn

David

Nyxll
04/06/2004, 06:41 PM
I forgot to mention I have a new impellar for a rio 2500 that I used long enough to find out it was my pump that was bad after 5 years, not the impellar.

Greg

Steven Pro
04/06/2004, 07:03 PM
I will be bringing:
a spare Rio 600 with their rejuvenation air injector thing,
an extra prefilter/bubble trap box for an Excalibur HV-1,
a complete Excalibur HV-1 protein skimmer,
and a long polyp Sarcophyton frag,
to go along with my previously mentioned
Blastomussa (red with green centers)
and Frogspawn frags.

ebolarox
04/06/2004, 07:22 PM
hey, if i can make it.. i also have 2.. yes 2... extra 55 gals. dont know how i'm gonna manage stuffing both of them in my jeepy, but its gotta fit somehow.

Tagamet
04/06/2004, 07:28 PM
I will be bringing:
and Frogspawn frags.

And a pair of clowns, correct?
Tagamet

Steven Pro
04/06/2004, 07:38 PM
Shhhh. I didn't mention them because they were already spoken for. I didn't want to drum up interest and start a bidding war.

Tagamet
04/06/2004, 07:52 PM
Shhhh. I didn't mention them because they were already spoken for. I didn't want to drum up interest and start a bidding war.

Don't mention what.
Tagamet

musicsmaker
04/06/2004, 08:12 PM
I would be interested in those clowns. What are you asking for them? >;~

Tagamet
04/06/2004, 09:06 PM
I would be interested in those clowns. What are you asking for them? >;~

Hey Louie, do his caps....

Anon

musicsmaker
04/06/2004, 10:18 PM
Badda bing, badda boom. Get du hill atta he!

dkh0331
04/07/2004, 04:38 AM
I will be bringing:
and Frogspawn frags.

Steve,
I'm interested in a frogspawn.

David

Steven Pro
04/07/2004, 06:57 AM
David,
I will put you down for a Frogspawn along with Bryan from Duquesne University.

ebolarox
04/07/2004, 07:22 AM
omg... I just turned my lights on and startled a small bristle worm coming out of my small bubble coral.. i'm noticing more and more of these critters. Do I need to get rid of them? I have a huge one that I've only seen once.. about 8" long.

Tina

(i hate worms.. ugggh..)

Steven Pro
04/07/2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ebolarox
omg... I just turned my lights on and startled a small bristle worm coming out of my small bubble coral.. i'm noticing more and more of these critters. Do I need to get rid of them? I have a huge one that I've only seen once.. about 8" long.

Tina

(i hate worms.. ugggh..)

If these appear to be reproducing to plague-like numbers, you are probably overfeeding. They have to be eating something to grow and multiply. Not that these are harmful in and of themselves. They are usually just scavenging. A few here and there is nothing to be worried about, but if you seem to see them everywhere, cut back on your feeding. You should be able to starve them back to a reasonable number.

ebolarox
04/07/2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestion I'll try cutting back. I dont give them much to eat to begin with.. they eat it all within a minute. Barely enough time to even reach mid tank and they're still looking after.

Just creeped me out :)

Tina

Tagamet
04/07/2004, 08:29 AM
Tina
(i hate worms.. ugggh..)

They do sell bristleworm traps, if you want to get rid of them. Are you coming to the swap at Rob's? I'll trade you tiny stars for any bristleworms you can collect. Personally, I love the job they do cleaning up anything that goes uneaten. I'll take all you can get. I've got a couple of HUGE ones in two of my tanks, but I'd like to seed a couple of the others too.
Tagamet

Doan
04/07/2004, 10:26 AM
If anyone needs to get rid of a tank or stand at the swap I will be very interested Really looking for a 75ish and whatever you have to go with it.. Drop me a line.

Doan

ebolarox
04/07/2004, 10:51 AM
Tagamet,

I'm going to try to make it, it all depends if I can get off of work. Do you want the small or the big nasty ones? I gotta get some fish stuff this weekend so I'll grab a trap while I'm there.

I'm just afraid these worms are eating my corals since he did come out of my bubble. I know the little ones arent bad, but I heard mixed opinions on the big ones.

I'll move my rocks (gotta change sand) and grab as many as I can as they scurry. Eww.. My stomach is getting weak thinking of it lol.

Tina

holeinone1972
04/07/2004, 11:44 AM
Newsflash!!! Location change for the swap!!!!!

The April 24th frag swap will now be moved from my house to the Sky View Fire Hall.

The address is : 670 Noble Drive West Mifflin, PA 15122
You can go here to map it out from your home! (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?bCTsettings=1)

You can call me on my cell phone (412) 708-2526 if you get lost.

This is just 1 mile from my house, and we are having marinated chicken legs and thighs, and baked Ziti catered.

The hall allows no outside food in, so earlier requests for side dishes are cancelled.

We will need several snacks so if you can bring a bag of chips, pretzels or cookies with you please do.

Our local club PMAS (http://www.pmas.org/) is paying to rent the hall, we are going to have a great raffle along with the swap. Using the hall, will alleviate parking headaches, and weather rainouts. So make sure you do not miss this event.

East Coast Clams (http://www.eastcoastclams.com) will be providing the chicken and ziti, along with some beer.

Pop will be provided along with the rental, but we need to bring our own beer. Of course we ask you to use alcohol in moderation so that nothing interferes with a great event.

I plan on having a nice display of corals and clams setup at the firehall for those interested in purchasing anything from me.

Rob
ECC

Tagamet
04/07/2004, 12:27 PM
Tagamet,
I'm going to try to make it, it all depends if I can get off of work. Do you want the small or the big nasty ones? I gotta get some fish stuff this weekend so I'll grab a trap while I'm there.
I'm just afraid these worms are eating my corals since he did come out of my bubble. I know the little ones arent bad, but I heard mixed opinions on the big ones.
I'll move my rocks (gotta change sand) and grab as many as I can as they scurry. Eww.. My stomach is getting weak thinking of it lol.
Tina

Tina,
I don't want to be responsible for any psychological trauma that results from the collection process, but any size BW would be great (don't they say that size doesn't matter?). They are often right on top of the sand under live rock, so a trap may not be necessary (other than to avoid handling them). I'll literally take all that you can collect.
Some shrinks would suggest that you should confront your fears (but then again, they are out of business if you actually get better)(g). I'm definitely not going to GO where the fear might have originated... lol.
Tagamet

ebolarox
04/07/2004, 12:51 PM
LOL... I just have a problem with worms, spiders, creepy things.. I wouldnt even touch the anemone we have in the tank.

BUT..

I can deal with blood, guts, etc.. (was going into the medical field at one time). Even stil want to go for pathology. So go figure :)

I'll gather as many as I can for ya.. I think im getting over run w/ them.

I also have these little flea critters everywhere. Want some of those too? :D

musicsmaker
04/07/2004, 01:01 PM
Do a search on posts from the RC member "hemmie". The link below is an example. That guy had a BIG worm problem.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169702

ebolarox
04/07/2004, 01:03 PM
welp.. so much for lunch today lol :eek:

Tagamet
04/07/2004, 01:06 PM
LOL... I just have a problem with worms, spiders, creepy things.. I wouldnt even touch the anemone we have in the tank.
BUT..
I can deal with blood, guts, etc.. (was going into the medical field at one time). Even stil want to go for pathology. So go figure :)
I'll gather as many as I can for ya.. I think im getting over run w/ them.
I also have these little flea critters everywhere. Want some of those too? :D

The worms tend to be pretty much self-limiting, based on the food available. The little flea critters are great too ('pods). Do you have a refugium? That's a great place for them to multiply safely when you have a fish population that likes to eat them.
Thanks again. If you want any softies, like mushrooms, leathers, etc. I've got plenty.
Tagamet

PS The difference in creepy stuff and pathology gunk, may be one of control. You can manage an emergency, but creepy things just aren't too easily controlled.

Steven Pro
04/07/2004, 06:26 PM
Does anyone want a Three-Stripe Damsel, Dascyllus aruanus? Free to a good home.

bskipper
04/07/2004, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone! Skip and I will be there, can't wait! This will be our first "frag swap" and I'm really looking forward to it!! Our 72 reef has been up and running for several months now, and is really ready for some life, so though we don't have anything to trade yet, we will definitly be buying! I'd like to maybe do some searching and post a list of some of the things I'm looking to keep, but off the top of my head, we are generally going to do LPS, so really looking for some cool stuff in that direction, and, we did upgrade lighting (in the process) to MH, so I can keep a clam!!

So, Rob, if you could set aside a real pretty maxima or crocea, no preference in size? I would really appreciate it!

Steve, I'm interested in frogspon, too. Any other suggestions for us? We have zenia, star polyps, and pocilipora that are doing well (really small frags) Keep me in mind! (BTW, cyno is ALL GONE!) And tests are perfect!

See ya there!
Bobbi

pixburg-reefer
04/08/2004, 12:32 PM
I still got some acro frags available. Any interest? It is pink with lime green polyps. It's currently under VHO, but, it is growing well (Miraculously, I didn't kill it. lol) Still looking for some blastomussa.
Steve- Do you have a pic? I have 5 different colors of red with green centered blastos.
I'm looking for welsi or a nice frag of merleti. Or some plating montipora, i have orange, but looking for green or purple
Always on the look for frogspawn
Kelly

kdb
04/08/2004, 08:20 PM
I'm just starting a 10 gal nano and have nothing to swap. Will there be SPS frags available for purchase?

holeinone1972
04/08/2004, 08:23 PM
kdb, yes there will.

What kind of lights are you going to have on your tank?

Rob

kdb
04/08/2004, 08:27 PM
I have a 175w 6500 from my 40 gal I took down 10 years ago. I looking to replace it with a 12000 in the next week or so. Are there any good sources in for bulbs in Pittsburgh or should I order via the net?

Steven Pro
04/08/2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by kdb
I have a 175w 6500 from my 40 gal I took down 10 years ago. I looking to replace it with a 12000 in the next week or so. Are there any good sources in for bulbs in Pittsburgh or should I order via the net?

Mail order is the easiest way to get what you want at a decent price. It would be extremely difficult for any store to stock the myriad of lamps that are available once you factor in single-ended or double-ended, 150, 175, 250, or 400 watt, Aqualine-Buschke, Ushio, Iwasaki, XM, Hamilton, Radium, Coralvue, .....

kdb
04/08/2004, 08:47 PM
That's what I figured but I've been out of the hobby for 10 years or so and don't really know any of the LFS's anymore.

Thanks for the info

clarkyclown
04/09/2004, 09:56 PM
Here is the pic musicmaker I dont know if these are what your looking for?

holeinone1972
04/09/2004, 10:20 PM
Rose anemones for $60

Zoo's and more zoo's

Green spaghetti leathers from frags to whole large colonies

Turbos snails $1.50 each

Tonga conchs $5 each

More and more to come.

Rob

Tagamet
04/09/2004, 10:28 PM
Turbos snails $1.50 each
Tonga conchs $5 each...
Rob

Rob, How big do the tonga conchs get? Can I squeeze one in my 240?
Tagamet
PS Do they have a couch at the fire hall?

Nyxll
04/09/2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah more info on the conchs please. I will more than likely want 1 depending on size.

Greg

holeinone1972
04/10/2004, 08:02 AM
The Tonga conchs are about 1.5" inches. They do not get much bigger I think. I only know what I see, and what the wholesaler told me. They seem great to me, but are bigger and less expensive than the Fighting conch.

Rob

Tagamet
04/10/2004, 09:04 AM
The Tonga conchs are about 1.5" inches. They do not get much bigger I think. I only know what I see, and what the wholesaler told me. They seem great to me, but are bigger and less expensive than the Fighting conch.
Rob

And I'm assuming that thay are SPS safe, correct (I know, dumb question, but I still have to ask). Please put me down for three of the Tonga conchs, ok?
Tagamet

dkh0331
04/10/2004, 09:43 AM
Rob,
As we talked about via email, 2 fighters for me.

Will you have the sexy's by then as well?

Thanks

David

holeinone1972
04/10/2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by dkh0331
Rob,
As we talked about via email, 2 fighters for me.

Will you have the sexy's by then as well?

Thanks

David

I should I was supposed to get 18 Sexy shrimp yesterday along with 4 dozen clams, but I got someones elses order not mine. I should have them though, I am excited as they seem to be very popular.

Rob

dave2184
04/10/2004, 05:15 PM
Planning to come this time around. I will be buying i don't have anything to trade at this time.

musicsmaker
04/10/2004, 07:13 PM
Clarkyclown, I don't think I have any of those. I'll get some pics up in the next few days of what I have.

imcrypto
04/10/2004, 07:31 PM
Approx. how long will the swap last? My 10 year old would like to attend but he has a 10 year olds attention span. I probably will not have anything to trade but will have cash. Next year at this time I should have plenty to trade.

holeinone1972
04/10/2004, 10:09 PM
Best bet is to come at noon and leave whenever you can't take it anymore....

Rob

SWAP is from noon till 4

Then we are having a club meeting, but we will be having a nice raffle sometime mid-afternoon. Probably right after lunch.

Tagamet
04/10/2004, 10:17 PM
Best bet is to come at noon and leave whenever you can't take it anymore....

Rob
SWAP is from noon till 4
Then we are having a club meeting, but we will be having a nice raffle sometime mid-afternoon. Probably right after lunch.

Nap-time optional.
Tagamet

Tagamet
04/10/2004, 10:19 PM
Nap-time optional.
Tagamet

Speaking of which, is there a Hampton Inn or Country Inn Suites near the fire hall?
TIA,
Tagamet

wee-reefer
04/10/2004, 11:46 PM
Due to some problems in my tank [read: hair algae; high pH], I probably will not bring anything to this swap. I feel it is imperritive to fix my tank before offering anything...

Jen

Steven Pro
04/11/2004, 06:19 AM
Speaking of which, is there a Hampton Inn or Country Inn Suites near the fire hall?
TIA,
Tagamet

Hampton 412-650-1000
Comfort Inn 412-653-6600
Spring Hill Suites 412-653-9800

Tagamet
04/11/2004, 09:32 AM
Hampton 412-650-1000
Comfort Inn 412-653-6600
Spring Hill Suites 412-653-9800

Most excellent! Thanks, Steven. Is the Hampton Inn a farily "direct" route to the swap? I have yet to NOT get lost in Pittsburgh (well, maybe once).
Thanks again,
Tagamet

holeinone1972
04/11/2004, 09:41 AM
Tag,

The Hampton inn is within 3or4 miles from me, and the swap. No problem there.

Rob

Steven Pro
04/11/2004, 10:25 AM
Most excellent! Thanks, Steven. Is the Hampton Inn a farily "direct" route to the swap? I have yet to NOT get lost in Pittsburgh (well, maybe once).
Thanks again,
Tagamet

All three of those hotels are on the same street, Lebanon Church Road. And all are less than a mile from the swap.

Steven Pro
04/11/2004, 11:28 AM
I also have a large green Favid brain available. It has grown too large and I need to make some room for other items. My best guess is it is a Montastraea or Favia. It is bright green and as big as a soft ball.

Tagamet
04/11/2004, 11:39 AM
All three of those hotels are on the same street, Lebanon Church Road. And all are less than a mile from the swap.

Thanks. If they have room I'll probably be at the Hampton the night before the swap and drive home after the swap. Getting old, I guess (and I like a quiet night alone once in a while).
Thanks again,
Tagamet

Steven Pro
04/11/2004, 08:43 PM
Tagamet,
If you need someone to hold your livestock for you since you are going to be overnight, I would be willing.

Tagamet
04/12/2004, 09:36 AM
Tagamet,
If you need someone to hold your livestock for you since you are going to be overnight, I would be willing.

Thanks Steven, that's very kind. We had the huge NCPARS swap not too awful long ago and I swapped tons of stuff there (broken toe and all), so I think I'll just be buying on this trip. For the past swaps out your way, I've rigged a cooler with a small powerhead and heater to plug in in my room or at Robs. That keeps most of the critters pretty well and I don't have to "swap fluids" with anyone's system. I don't want to expose anyones system to STD'z (Swapping Transmitted Diseases). I'm still deciding on whether to get the 8 foot U-Haul or spring for the 12 foot trailer, to get the frags et. al. home.
Thanks again, and see you all soon,
Tagamet

keebler1
04/12/2004, 10:28 AM
Anyone have long pin toadstool frags??
I am bringing some zoos, various shrooms, maybe some xenia. Anyone looking for a Bak-Pak 2R skimmer with prefilter?

JCorbett
04/12/2004, 11:01 AM
keebler..... I have long straight polyped toadstool if I make it to the swap. (t's more than likely that I will)I have about (5) 1" toadstools.

keebler1
04/12/2004, 11:04 AM
Great- put me down for one! Hope you make it..........

holeinone1972
04/12/2004, 01:20 PM
Ok all you frag swappers, who needs metal halide bulbs.

I am going to be ordering a few, and if you need or want some make sure you post a response here to take advantage. I am only ordering what is needed. NO EXTRA!

XM bulbs 10k or 20k available

xm175 watt bulbs
$55.00

xm250 watt bulbs
$65.00

xm400 watt bulbs
$70

bskipper
04/12/2004, 02:31 PM
Hi, does anyone have a 150 or 175 watt pendant (bell shape, black) that they are interested in selling? If so, PM or email me, please. I would like to add one more to my set up.

Thanks!
Bobbi

kdb
04/12/2004, 07:52 PM
Im in for a 175W 10k as long as they're single ended and compatible with a M57 ballast.

Kurt

Totlxtc
04/12/2004, 09:19 PM
Cleaning house on tanks and equipment. I setup a fragging system in the basement but found out it gets too cold down there in the winter. The electric killed me to keep tubs heated. Plus i have to go outside to access it, burr! Also selling my corner tank and equipment for it as its been 9 months and i still havent set it up.

Tanks:

(1) AGA 54g corner tank with two 1" bulkheads on the back glass. Homemade overflow box. Excellent shape except has a small chip (see pic) in glass on the corner. I bumped it trying to carry it in the house when i bought it new. Never leaked over the 3 years it was setup. Can throw in the unfinished stand. $100

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/54g1-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/54g2-vi.jpg

Chip
http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/54gchip-vi.jpg

(1) 10g tank with one 3/4" bulkhead in bottom and one 1/2" bulkhead in back corner. Used as a above tank refugium for the 54g tank. $10

(2) 110g Tuff Stuff rubbermaid type sumps/prop tanks. (52x37x20) One has two 1" bulkheads on the end and other one has two 1" bulkheads on end and two 1" bulkheads on side. $25 each. These are the same brand tubs (only smaller) that Blane Perun uses.

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/Tub1-vi.jpg

(1) Custom built MH and VHO pendant out of 304ss and aluminum (38.24x18.5x4). Houses one 250w 6,5K Iwaski and two 95w URI Super Actinic VHO's. The Iwaski bulb and tar ballast is 1.5 years old. The Hellolights ARO ballast and URI bulbs are 2 months old. $100 takes all.

Will seperate: $80 for VHO ballast, endcaps and bulbs. $25 for Iwaski bulb, socket and ballast.

http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/pendant1-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/pendant2-vi.jpg

(4) 24" 75w URI Super Actinic VHO bulbs. {never used, bought for 54g} $10 each

(1) Assortment of Golden Pearls. There's about 1oz (half a pouch) of each size. Eric Borneman recommended these 4 sizes for corals. Active Spheres (20 to 80 micron), Clusters (60 to 100 micron), Rotifer (100 to 200 micron) and Artemia "1" (200 to 300 micron). Also have a half pouch of Spirulina power (Hawaii) that i mix with the others. $2.50 each or all 5 for $10.

Email or reply here if interested. totlxtc@alltel.net

musicsmaker
04/12/2004, 10:04 PM
Totlxtc, put me down for one of those rubbermaid tanks. Why only $25 for the Iwaski bulb, socket and ballast?

Nyxll
04/12/2004, 10:08 PM
Totlxtc Yooou gt a PM... I would like the other tuff stuff sump & probably more.

dkh0331
04/13/2004, 04:07 AM
Chuck,
Sent you an email for all five pouches of GP's.

David

KMKJA1
04/13/2004, 06:41 AM
Totlxtc, I will take the tank & stand if it is still available

KMKJA1
04/13/2004, 06:46 AM
I will also take the lights if they are available & fit over the 54

Tagamet
04/13/2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Totlxtc
Cleaning house on tanks and equipment. I setup a fragging system in the basement but found out it gets too cold down there in the winter. The electric killed me to keep tubs heated. Plus i have to go outside to access it, burr! Also selling my corner tank and equipment for it as its been 9 months and i still havent set it up.

Tanks:

(1) AGA 54g corner tank with two 1" bulkheads on the back glass. Homemade overflow box. Excellent shape except has a small chip (see pic) in glass on the corner. I bumped it trying to carry it in the house when i bought it new. Never leaked over the 3 years it was setup. Can throw in the unfinished stand. $100

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/54g1-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/54g2-vi.jpg

Chip
http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/54gchip-vi.jpg

(1) 10g tank with one 3/4" bulkhead in bottom and one 1/2" bulkhead in back corner. Used as a above tank refugium for the 54g tank. $10

(2) 110g Tuff Stuff rubbermaid type sumps/prop tanks. (52x37x20) One has two 1" bulkheads on the end and other one has two 1" bulkheads on end and two 1" bulkheads on side. $25 each. These are the same brand tubs (only smaller) that Blane Perun uses.

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/Tub1-vi.jpg

(1) Custom built MH and VHO pendant out of 304ss and aluminum (38.24x18.5x4). Houses one 250w 6,5K Iwaski and two 95w URI Super Actinic VHO's. The Iwaski bulb and tar ballast is 1.5 years old. The Hellolights ARO ballast and URI bulbs are 2 months old. $100 takes all.

Will seperate: $80 for VHO ballast, endcaps and bulbs. $25 for Iwaski bulb, socket and ballast.

http://images5.fotki.com/v68/photos/4/47209/853618/pendant1-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v69/photos/4/47209/853618/pendant2-vi.jpg

(4) 24" 75w URI Super Actinic VHO bulbs. {never used, bought for 54g} $10 each

(1) Assortment of Golden Pearls. There's about 1oz (half a pouch) of each size. Eric Borneman recommended these 4 sizes for corals. Active Spheres (20 to 80 micron), Clusters (60 to 100 micron), Rotifer (100 to 200 micron) and Artemia "1" (200 to 300 micron). Also have a half pouch of Spirulina power (Hawaii) that i mix with the others. $2.50 each or all 5 for $10.

Email or reply here if interested. totlxtc@alltel.net

I'm in for the 10 gallon tank and want second dibs if someone backs out on a Tuff Stuff Rubbermaid.
Thanks,
Tagamet

Doan
04/13/2004, 08:09 AM
Bahhh missed out on another tank and stand... gotta keep up with this thread woo boyyy
:)
Doan

Doan
04/13/2004, 08:11 AM
If anyone has a tank and stand avaliable in the 50ish to 75ish range please pm me I really need one :) LoL

Doan

Steven Pro
04/13/2004, 08:36 AM
Here is my current updated frag swap list. If anything is incorrect (for example, you are not listed for something or are listed for something you no longer want), please PM me.

Branching Frogspawn
pixburg-reefer
dkh0331
dukexc

Clarki Clownfish Pair
Tagamet

Blastomussa
pixburg-reefer

I still have the following:
Long-Polyp Sarcophyton frag
Extra Large Green Favid Brain Coral
Blue-Tip Acro (3" mounted frag)
Excalibur HV-1 skimmer
extra Rio 600
spare skimmer/bubble trap for above skimmer

Totlxtc
04/13/2004, 12:25 PM
Why only $25 for the Iwaski bulb, socket and ballast?

You want to pay more? :D

I have no use for it since i'm getting rid of the tubs. It was mounted above one of them that i used as a refugium for the prop tank. The bulb works fine for that purpose but heard they were only good for 1 to 2 years. Bulb was $50 new, ballast was $40 or so and socket was $5. If it doesnt sell i'll just put it over my tub of LR i have sitting in the corner til i build my big tank.

The 2 bulkhead tub is yours Musicsmaker if you want it.

Totlxtc
04/13/2004, 12:28 PM
So far i have saved for:

Nyxll- 4 bulkhead Tuff Stuff tub.

Musicsmaker- 2 bulkhead Tuff Stuff tub.

dkh0331- Golden Pearls/spirulina.

Ken- 54g tank and stand.

Tagamet- 10g tank.

Still available is:

4 brand new URI super actinic VHO bulbs. 75watts/24" -$10 each

1 light setup- $100

musicsmaker
04/13/2004, 12:30 PM
I'll take that bulb, socket and ballast too please.

Totlxtc
04/13/2004, 12:35 PM
MM,

MH bulb set is yours unless i have a buyer for the whole thing or someone wants just the VHO part of it.

Nano's Rock
04/13/2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by keebler1
Anyone have long pin toadstool frags??
I am bringing some zoos, various shrooms, maybe some xenia. Anyone looking for a Bak-Pak 2R skimmer with prefilter?

Hi Keebler1,

I'm interested in the skimmer. I sent you a pm last night.

dave2184
04/13/2004, 05:35 PM
Totlxtc I'll take all the lighting stuff.

Totlxtc
04/13/2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by dave2184
Totlxtc I'll take all the lighting stuff.

You just missed the lighting setup. Sorry.

Tagament,

I got the PM from Nyxll that your taking the sump tub so it will be there for you.

The VHO part of the lighting setup is going to Bill and the MH part to Musicsmaker.

Thank you everyone! ONly thing left now is the (4) VHO bulbs.

Tagamet
04/13/2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Totlxtc
Tagament,
I got the PM from Nyxll that your taking the sump tub so it will be there for you.

Excellent! He said he had dibs on the one with the 4 bulkeads, so the options are borderline unlimited (well, a lot anyway).
Thanks,
Tagamet

bskipper
04/13/2004, 08:59 PM
Is anyone going to be bringing any LPS frags?

IE. Hammer, bubble coral, candy cane, sun coral, or anything with brilliant color (not just LPS, but relatively hardy).....we're pretty new to all of this, so suggestions welcome!

Also wanted to note that I will be bringing some snacks and pop to the swap. Is anything else needed? We can possibly be available to help set up if needed, just let us know.

holeinone1972
04/13/2004, 09:08 PM
I am hoping to have a very nice wide variety of corals including lps.

Snacks and pop sound good. You are welcome to come about 1 hr early if you wish to help setup,
Rob

bskipper
04/13/2004, 09:11 PM
Rob

Sounds great! I can't wait to see all the corals, and we do still want a cup coral (green, or maybe two!) and clam, of course!

We should have no problem coming an hour early, see ya there!

Bobbi and Skip

musicsmaker
04/13/2004, 09:20 PM
Everybody is going to be there an hour early. :D Nobody wants to miss out on any of the frags. I be there TWO hours early.

Rob, you have a PM coming by the way.

dave2184
04/13/2004, 09:28 PM
Anyone want to trade a duel 250 setup for my 400s I was originally planing a deeper tank and now i would like to downgrade. We could just swap ballasts and bulbs. Bulbs are 2 400watt XM 20Ks 4 months old and the balasts are 2 400 watt Universal M59 multi taps, two 20 amp power switches and heavy duty transformer can big enough to house three ballasts. Please let me know and i will bring them with me.

http://www.x-factor.us/albums/album01/400_Watt_DIY_Metal_Halides.jpg

Steven Pro
04/14/2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bskipper
Also wanted to note that I will be bringing some snacks and pop to the swap. Is anything else needed? We can possibly be available to help set up if needed, just let us know.

As part of our rental agreement, the hall is providing non-alcoholic beverages, so no need to worry about those. But, we could always use some help setting up and getting things organized. Several of the PMASI Board members have other commitments and will be unable to attend. That means we could use some help in getting people registered, handing out name tags, selling raffle tickets, laying out the raffle, moving tables and chairs, putting out the snacks, picking up food at the caterer, etc.

dkh0331
04/14/2004, 08:21 AM
As part of our rental agreement, the hall is providing non-alcoholic beverages, so no need to worry about those. But, we could always use some help setting up and getting things organized. Several of the PMASI Board members have other commitments and will be unable to attend. That means we could use some help in getting people registered, handing out name tags, selling raffle tickets, laying out the raffle, moving tables and chairs, putting out the snacks, picking up food at the caterer, etc.

Steve,
Who will be coordinating the man power needs?

David

Steven Pro
04/14/2004, 09:39 AM
Probably me. I am the VP of the club and Adam, the President, can't make it to the swap.

dkh0331
04/14/2004, 09:59 AM
Steve,
i'd be more than happy to help out. I would highly suggest NOT sending me out anywhere. Following directions are not a real strength of mine. It took Rob several phone calls to get me to his house the first time.....

David

Tagamet
04/14/2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by dkh0331
Steve,
i'd be more than happy to help out. I would highly suggest NOT sending me out anywhere. Following directions are not a real strength of mine. It took Rob several phone calls to get me to his house the first time.....
David

Me too.
Tagamet

Doan
04/14/2004, 11:47 AM
Count me in as a helper Steve. Just tell me when to be there then what I can help with. :)

Doan

Steven Pro
04/14/2004, 04:43 PM
To all,
If you want to help setup or run the event, please be there around 11:30. That should give us enough time to delegate jobs and get organized.

Steven Pro
04/14/2004, 09:07 PM
Does anyone want any Halimeda? I can spare about three or four small colonies.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-04/nftt/index.htm

Tagamet
04/14/2004, 09:23 PM
Does anyone want any Halimeda? I can spare about three or four small colonies.

I had that once, but a shot of penicillin helped cure it. Seriously, I'd like a small piece.
BTW, I did get a room at the Hampton for Friday night.
Thanks,
Tagamet

holeinone1972
04/14/2004, 10:07 PM
I just picked up about 15 awesome Squamosa's with blue markings and 1/2 dozen gold teardrops, 6 really nice open brains.

I have a shipment coming tomorrow (hopefully) with torches frogspawn, and hammer along with other corals.

I should have tons of great stuff for the swap.

We are getting close, if you are lurking out there, contemplating on coming, let me tell you now. Don't miss out!!!!!

clarkyclown
04/15/2004, 05:32 AM
Here are some sps I have in my tank.If anyone wants a frag i will break some off.These have to be prearranged.Frags are $20.I also have some ricordia if anyone is interested.I will also make some frag packs If anyone is interested.
http://www.aotcmud.org/nyxstuff/clarky/frags.htm

dkh0331
04/15/2004, 05:36 AM
clarkyclown,
What color is the Acro Loripes? or Rosaria?

David

clarkyclown
04/15/2004, 05:45 AM
It has a weid color to it.It has purple and white tips and a greenish hue to the base and lower branches.I dont think its true colors are in it yet.I bought it from lfs about month ago.the frag will be nice size.I do have a tri color secale that has nice dark purple tips and green base that is coloring up well too if anyone is interested.The polyps are bright green

dkh0331
04/15/2004, 05:49 AM
Sign me up for the tri color secale. I have a very neon green hydnophora, about 2" or so if you are interested in trading. I tried to take a pic of it, but the pic is way too fuzzy.

David

clarkyclown
04/15/2004, 11:00 AM
I have a neon hydnaphora.I have a hard time keeping it away from the acros in my tank.:) it likes to zap thing.

dkh0331
04/15/2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by clarkyclown
I have a neon hydnaphora.I have a hard time keeping it away from the acros in my tank.:) it likes to zap thing.

I think mine just zapped my very, very rare deerhunter kenya tree.

So I guess I'll trade you some dead presidents for the tri color secale.

David

clarkyclown
04/15/2004, 11:15 AM
ill try to take a picture of it for you.It looks dark purple on tips then has dark green base.I have not had it very long so it will have to color up.when i bought from reefer madness it was white yellow base,purple tips and neon polyps.It going through color change since it has started to grow and get established.

dkh0331
04/15/2004, 11:20 AM
Something like this?

http://www.soutassaltwater.com/tankpics/purple%20trifrags.jpg

David

clarkyclown
04/15/2004, 11:23 AM
yeah the whole colony is like that.It huge like 7 inch dia.I can ge6t some really nice frags from it

dkh0331
04/15/2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by clarkyclown
yeah the whole colony is like that.It huge like 7 inch dia.I can ge6t some really nice frags from it

Cool. I'll take one. And if you want to throw in your SRV signed guitar, I think I could force myself to take that as well. :D

David

ebolarox
04/15/2004, 05:12 PM
Clarky-

I'll take some birds nest..

Tina

Bill King
04/15/2004, 06:27 PM
Here's what I'm bringing, most of this is considered "beginner's" corals, so if there is no interest from all you SPS fanatics, I won't bother.

Pulsing xenia
Sinularia Dura....cabbage leather
Green star poylps
clauvularia
palyanthoa Grandis.....Anthony killers

and if there are any pond owner's
pickerel weed
dark green sedge...sp?
please note these last two are not "reef safe"

let me know,
see you all next week.
Bill

p.s. Rob, I'm in the market for a couple cukes, will you have any?

holeinone1972
04/15/2004, 07:01 PM
Bill,

I know I have at least 1 or 2 hiding downstairs.

Rob

pixburg-reefer
04/15/2004, 07:45 PM
rob, any luck with blastomussa? You said you would try to order some
ok, my official list of what i am bringing. For sale, or trade
steve- i don't know what you want for the frogspawn or the blasto, or how much $
sam- i don't think i'll be able to get a frag from my blue centered zoo colony. Maybe at the next meeting. Is that okay?
1 pink and tan tipped torch
1 colony of purple/gray zoos with green skirts. about 50 polyps
1 chunk of gsp
4 acro frags. Pink with lime green polyps
2 green/purple yumas
1 green and blue rimmed ricordia fl.
1 med. purple shroom rock, with about 15 or more shrooms
Thanks
Kelly
(oh, so can i bring cookies, like home made? Or can i only bring something store bought like chips?)

holeinone1972
04/15/2004, 08:24 PM
Cookies are fine kelly.

Rob

PS no blastos to be had so far in the wholesale world.

Steven Pro
04/15/2004, 08:59 PM
Kelly,
I can trade you my Frogspawn for your Torch, if you want.

Steven Pro
04/15/2004, 09:01 PM
Bill,
If I have time this week, I am going to clean out my pond. My Water Lilies are in desperate need of propagation and repotting. They produce pink flowers, if you are interested.

dkh0331
04/16/2004, 05:20 AM
Kelly
I have an interest in he green/purple yuma's. Are they two on one rock or individal? I could sway you a fairly bright orange fl ric and/or a very neon green hydnophora.

And if you are making homemade cookies, I vote for choclate chip! :D

David

Doan
04/16/2004, 07:08 AM
Does anyone happen to have like a 20 long they will sell or trade? After my disaster with the copper treatment on my tang I am very hesitant to use my 10 gallon as a QT again. It was a little small anyway and now it has been treated with the copper so I am scared to put anything in it.

Doan

holeinone1972
04/16/2004, 08:32 AM
I just put up some new stock on the website, if you see anything you wish to buy, just enter this code into the promotional code spot on the order page.: ( frag swap) this will reserve the piece for you, and I will bring it to the swap. You will not pay any box or shipping charges at all.

Thanks Rob
ECC

bskipper
04/16/2004, 09:13 AM
Bill King and Kelly (Pixburg-reefer) Sent you both PM's about your coral frags. Thanks!

holeinone1972
04/16/2004, 09:52 AM
I have (1) black and white false perc available ($30) friendly I can catch him with my hand.

Also (1) juv. gold stripe maroon clown who lives amongst all of my rose anemones. ($20)

Both are captive raised ORA fish.

Rob

keebler1
04/16/2004, 10:10 AM
Any DIY people aout there that might have some 5" or bigger acrylic tubing laying around?? (or that old big skimmer that someone could cut up:D ) Need only two foot or so

Steven Pro
04/16/2004, 10:31 AM
I have 4" clear PVC pipe, if that will work for you.

keebler1
04/16/2004, 10:36 AM
I guess bigger the better although I might be able to use a small portion of the PVC. Trying a Deltec clone and really need the reaction chamber (Cheapreefs Deltec). Have everything else and am not looking forward to getting 6 foot shipped to me.........although I guess I could make several then.

wee-reefer
04/16/2004, 11:24 AM
Bill, I will take some pickerel weed! And maybe some sedge. How much, since I don't have much to trade. (Some frags of koi???) Thanks!

Steven Pro
04/16/2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by keebler1
I guess bigger the better although I might be able to use a small portion of the PVC. Trying a Deltec clone and really need the reaction chamber (Cheapreefs Deltec). Have everything else and am not looking forward to getting 6 foot shipped to me.........although I guess I could make several then.

Do you have a link or something to that design, Cheapreef's Deltec?

keebler1
04/16/2004, 12:08 PM
sure here is the link:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=305697&highlight=Deltec+based+skimmer

Looks like a great skimmer even for DIY. I tried the needlewheel last night on my old Bak-Pak and was just amazed. Cant wait to get it running now that the heart is working so well

Bill King
04/16/2004, 02:06 PM
Steve
I'll try a couple. They don't do well for me, not enough sun I think.

Bobbi & Jenn
you're both covered. no charge!

Kelly
I'll take the shroom rock if you got no other takers.

See you all at the swap.
Bill

wee-reefer
04/16/2004, 09:46 PM
Thank you Bill!;)

pixburg-reefer
04/17/2004, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone!
ok, I'll bring my orange chocolate chip cookies
steve- sure, my torch for your frogspawn is fine.
bskipper- zoo colony and ricordia fl.
Doan- 1 acro frag
David (dkh0331)- my yumas are seperate. They are attached to two different small rocks sitting on my sand bed. How big is the green hydnophora frag?
Bill- I'll let you know about the purple shrooms
So i guess the only things that arn't taken or still in debate are
3 acro frags
and my chunk of green star polyps
Thanks!
Kelly :)

dkh0331
04/17/2004, 01:56 PM
Kelly,
The hydnophora is about 2".

I would like one of the green/purple Yuma's, if I may.

And lot's and lot's of the chocolate chip cookies!!!!!

David

pixburg-reefer
04/17/2004, 02:25 PM
sure David. That's fine. I think it's splitting any way, it has 2 mouths. So, you get one yuma, and that hydnophora sounds good. No prob, lots and lots of cookies will be their.
bskipper- do you want dibs on the other yuma?
Kelly

clarkyclown
04/17/2004, 02:52 PM
I have nice rock with pink/ grey ricordia with green mouth(2).It also has nickel size yuma orange/red fire.If anyone is interested I was asking $40 dollars.The base of the florida ricordia is purple on the edge.

Grimstein
04/18/2004, 12:33 AM
pixburg-reefer
I'd like to see the acros if you could and what you want

Nano's Rock
04/18/2004, 07:12 AM
Hi everyone, It looks like I can make it. This will be my second swap. I went to the 6th all Ohio frag swap. I made a few small frags from my tank:

A few zoanthid frags – green tentacles, purplish center, yellowish mouth
A few zoanthid frags - pink centers, bluish green ring, orange tentacles
1 zoanthid frag – green tentacle, center – white ring, orange ring, brown ring, green mouth
2 green star polyp frags
1 green palythoa frag
2 green, purple, blue fringed/frilly mushrooms
1 tan with brownish polyps montipora Cap frag
1 blue tipped acropora frag
1 purple polyp montipora digitata frag
1 orange montipora digitata frag
2 green polyp montipora digitata frags
1 peach sps? fire coral? Frag
Some small reproducing limpets

After tonight I won't be home until Thursday if any one wants to trade. Mostly looking for Zo's or but will trade for other stuff or sell.

Tagamet
04/18/2004, 08:45 AM

Also (1) juv. gold stripe maroon clown who lives amongst all of my rose anemones. ($20)
Both are captive raised ORA fish.
Rob

How small is the juv GSM clown? I have a big female in the 8 foot tank and there'd be a chance that a TINY juv would bond (and survive).
LMK,
Tagamet

Steven Pro
04/18/2004, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have any interest in amphipods or mysis shrimp? I have a pretty nice population going in my refugium and could probably harvest some, but I don't want to go through the trouble if no one needs any.

I can also bring some Stomatellids and maybe a few Strombus snails or algae grazing Asterina seastars.

Steven Pro
04/18/2004, 10:13 AM
I also have available:
a standard 20 gallon High tank with black trim (24 1/4" long by 16 3/4" tall by 12 1/4" wide),
approximately 50 pounds of live base rock (this stuff is covered in filter feeding feather dusters and sponges, but does have a few Aiptasia that need killed),
and a 20 gallon Extra High that was used as a sump, so it has a glass baffle siliconed in place (10 1/4" wide by 20 1/4" long by 24 1/4" tall).

pixburg-reefer
04/18/2004, 10:45 AM
grimstein- I bought a small colony after it came in through bad shipping. Where their where branches in really good shape, and others totally dead, with no tissue. So, i cut off the branches with the most really good tisse, and glued them to small rocks so now the tissue is starting to grow back. Only one of the frags has started to kind of encrust onto the rock. But the frags are doing really well. You can make your decision when you see them. Most frags are more then an nch tall, but have 2 or 3 branches.
I am looking for blastomussa or lobophyllia mostly, but also purple and green plating montipora, frogspawn, mostly any lps except for hammer. I just don't do well with those. Or other acro frags. Thanks
Kelly

Bill King
04/18/2004, 12:42 PM
Does anyone have any interest in amphipods or mysis shrimp? I have a pretty nice population going in my refugium and could probably harvest some, but I don't want to go through the trouble if no one needs any.

I can also bring some Stomatellids and maybe a few Strombus snails or algae grazing Asterina seastars.
Steve
I'd love a couple mysis, I had a bunch in my prop tank but the whole tank went south.
thanks,
Bill

Steven Pro
04/18/2004, 01:56 PM
Ok then, I will see what kind of critters I can harvest the morning of the swap.

wee-reefer
04/18/2004, 05:17 PM
Steve, I would like some mysis and stomatellas! Thanks, Jen

holeinone1972
04/18/2004, 06:06 PM
How small is the juv GSM clown? I have a big female in the 8 foot tank and there'd be a chance that a TINY juv would bond (and survive).
LMK,
Tagamet

Tag,

Small like 1" or so. Eats good, I have had it for 2 months. Loves anemones also.

Rob

egross
04/18/2004, 08:23 PM

approximately 50 pounds of live base rock (this stuff is covered in filter feeding feather dusters and sponges, but does have a few Aiptasia that need killed.

Steve, I just joined the club last month and I am getting my tank set up (I am brand new to the hobby). I'm interested in your live rock, but I wouldn't be able to take it for a few weeks. Do you need to get rid of it quickly, or could it wait? Also, how much do you want for it, and what size are the pieces? I have a very empty 75 gallon tank.

Also, do you know where I could find a list of the books in the club library - and is it too late to request to borrow a few and pick them up this weekend at the meeting?

Thanks!

Steven Pro
04/18/2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by egross
Steve, I just joined the club last month and I am getting my tank set up (I am brand new to the hobby). I'm interested in your live rock, but I wouldn't be able to take it for a few weeks. Do you need to get rid of it quickly, or could it wait? Also, how much do you want for it, and what size are the pieces? I have a very empty 75 gallon tank.

Also, do you know where I could find a list of the books in the club library - and is it too late to request to borrow a few and pick them up this weekend at the meeting?

Thanks!

I already arranged a deal for 25 pounds by PM, but there should still be some left. Although, I would really like to get rid of it by the swap.

I know someone was compiling a list and that the list was supposed to go onto the webpage somewhere, but I gave it a quick look around and didn't see it. I will make some inquires for you as to the status.

dkh0331
04/19/2004, 01:53 AM

Hi Steve,
I could use some amphipods.

Thanks

David

egross
04/19/2004, 06:00 AM
I already arranged a deal for 25 pounds by PM, but there should still be some left. Although, I would really like to get rid of it by the swap.

I know someone was compiling a list and that the list was supposed to go onto the webpage somewhere, but I gave it a quick look around and didn't see it. I will make some inquires for you as to the status.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. Since I don't know when my tank will actually be ready for the rock, I'll pass on what you have left.

About the library, I'm not sure how it works - if it's easier to pick up the books somewhere or to borrow them at a meeting... I'm certainly flexible - and grateful to be able to borrow books! I am interested in The Reef Aquarium books by Julian Sprung and Charles Delbeek.

Finally, is it enough to post my RSVP for this weekend's meeting here, or is there someone specific I should contact?

Thanks again,
Elisa

ebolarox
04/19/2004, 06:10 AM
If anyone is interested, I have a red crab and a starfish.

Tina

Steven Pro
04/19/2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info. Since I don't know when my tank will actually be ready for the rock, I'll pass on what you have left.

No problem

About the library, I'm not sure how it works - if it's easier to pick up the books somewhere or to borrow them at a meeting... I'm certainly flexible - and grateful to be able to borrow books! I am interested in The Reef Aquarium books by Julian Sprung and Charles Delbeek.

I don't think the PMASI library has copies of those, but I do. I could definitely bring them up and let you look them over during the swap.

Finally, is it enough to post my RSVP for this weekend's meeting here, or is there someone specific I should contact?

The swap is free and open to the public. No need to RSVP. Just show up. -Steven Pro

pixburg-reefer
04/19/2004, 06:37 PM
Tina, what kind of starfish?
Kelly