PDA

View Full Version : Broken Brace

Crust112
02/04/2004, 07:26 PM
I found that I have a cracked brace on the top of my tank. I need to replace the whole plastic frame around the top. I have visited a few local places and they tell me that those pieces can be replaced. Im confident that I can do the repair myself but need info on aquiring the piece. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

shaw
02/05/2004, 11:00 AM
WEll, pretty much go to any local store, probably a larger chain will not rip you off as much. then when you get the new brace, put a bead of silicone all around the inside, and put it on the top glass. put wait on it for a good day, and don't let any water touch the silicone for a day or two.
thanks
shawn

CORALHEAD317
02/05/2004, 12:22 PM
Crust112,
If you find a place that sells those frames, please post it here. I too have a tank with a broken brace that I have tried to fix by siliconing in a piece of glass (like oceanic 200 gal tanks)... but it didn't work and I just need to replace the whole frame. Good luck.

John

Crust112
02/05/2004, 08:21 PM
CORALHEAD317,
Good news my friend. Visit www.perfectomfg.com and that should help. They do not have the part listed on their site but if you call the number at the top they will assist you. The one problem is if you have a pretty large tank. Like my buddy ask me to see if they had one for his 210 and they said I would have to either order through a pet shop or go pick it up. Lucky for him I live about 30 minutes from Perfecto, so we chose to go pick our stuff up. Good luck pal.