PDA

View Full Version : status of first meeting buy

dvlhzdu
02/04/2004, 01:36 PM
Happy to say the colts are doing fine. Starting to scar over an bounce back. Sorry but I forget the name of the member who brought the frags. Thanks again. And to the buyer of the candy cane/shrooms how are they doing? I should have some for the next meeting.

MadTownMax
02/04/2004, 02:04 PM
Those were some great deals, I would have been all-over them if my tank was up to par, A couple weeks and it will be ready for some corals. I definately will be excited to see what people bring to the next meeting

chawee
02/04/2004, 02:10 PM
dvlhzdu,

I think it was 'oba2' that brought those frags.

Chalie

JJM
02/04/2004, 08:22 PM
yeah it was him , I am done mounting all the loose crumbs , from the bottom of the bucket for $5...thats crazy...couple of different mushs , etc....Frags are a good thing...........Got some other stuff today and mounted them ,...I should have some stuff...

Tbor
02/04/2004, 10:12 PM
It was actually me that got the Caulastrea frag. They are looking good, expanding and feeding at night, etc.
Just wondering though, several of the heads have obviously receeded in the past, and one is in the process of receeding... has this stopped/slowed at all recently or should I expect this to keep progressing? I'm hoping that with enough feeding/selcon/etc this will eventually stop or reverse itself.
(If you've got Borneman's Aquarium Corals book I'm almost positive it's the condition described on p385).
The mushrooms look great, really cool colors. Thanks and I'll keep you posted!

Tbor
03/10/2004, 06:22 PM
Just an update on the Caulastrea... Luckily it's not a disease or anything and it has been recovering. Some of the polyps were receeding from coming in contact with mushrooms that were overgrowing the dead skeleton. I've been cutting off the 'shrooms and the coral has been regrowing in damaged areas.
So, another lesson learned: never underestimate the defensive powers of even the weakest of corals.
Later
-Tbor

dvlhzdu
03/10/2004, 06:27 PM
I will upate as well the colts are doing great. need to find a few more hours in the day to work on the tank and everything would be perfect

dvlhzdu
03/10/2004, 06:38 PM
Posted to my gallery is a photo of the mother colony buy I have frags with 2-3 polyps each. I beleive it is a Protopalythoa.

Tom

oba2
03/13/2004, 10:07 PM
I'm glad to see that the corals are doing good .I won't have as much this time. I will be looking for some . I was hoping my pulsing xenia would have spreaded more,but it looks like it will be ready for the April meeting.