PDA

View Full Version : sick fish?????????

lilbit16
02/04/2004, 08:12 AM
In the last couple of days my tangs have been swimming with their tails up and have quit eating, the other fish are swimming ok but have stopped eating too. I have a 150 gal salt and 1000 watts of light. I have no idea why they are doing this. I have a couple of urchins and a couple of cucs. My 2 star fish have already died and I did a 50% water change to get rid of that mess but what do I do for the fish?

fishdoc11
02/07/2004, 11:45 PM
It's almost imposible to tell what's wrong with your fish without ALOT more info than you have given ( H2O params, type of tang, how old your tank is etc....). I would suggest reading the "rules for posting" in the marine fish disease forum and then posting your question there. You will get much more help there than here.
Chris

lilbit16
02/08/2004, 11:46 AM
I think I found the problem......... my hydrometer was fallty. When I put a new one in the tank, it read 3 buckets off of water off,making the salt way to high when the other hydrometer that I had been using , read right on. When I put in the needed water, the firsh started swimming and eating again and still seem to be ok, a few days later

fishdoc11
02/08/2004, 12:14 PM
I'm glad you found the problem.