PDA

View Full Version : Careful how you tell your vendor experience!!

Green Mariner
07/31/2001, 12:53 PM
I think this is something we all need to be made aware of, if this is successful, open, honest and free discussion on boards like this one will be in jeopardy!!
http://www.reefs.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=027294
all other important links for this discussion are in the posted thread!

TonyHNYC
08/01/2001, 01:15 PM
I read about the entire deal....All the harm that PetsWerehouse (geez...I can hardly spell it) is doing is mostly towards themselves. Not only that, I feel so bad for PetWarehouse (without the S and the lawsuits :)) since they name resembles so closely to them. If anything, PetWareshouse should sue the other place for losing some customers....

Snailman
08/01/2001, 09:28 PM
This is why one of my rules for this forum is that all information about a company must be first person. I do not tolerate "a friend of mine" or "I have heard"...Next tell just the facts and only the facts. Don't say they stink or they are crappy... say they said that it would be ... and it was... and we will all be fine. Telling truthful facts is not slander.

ChrisIsBored
08/01/2001, 10:13 PM
I too have had nothing but positive experience with PetWarehouse.com and hope that other petSwarehouse.com goes under.

It's just a shame their domain's are so similar, I just hope it doesn't hurt them too much financially.

Rovert
08/04/2001, 03:28 PM
I only had one direct experience with PetsWarehouse in NY, when I visited their facility for a pickup, and overall, it was a positive transaction. However, one must wonder about the overall condition of a company that is so depraved that they must take their customers to court to overcome a perception. Seems to me that if they had a wholesome reputation to begin with, a little bad publicity wouldn't be a problem.

Shameful, if you ask me. With any luck, the court will refuse to hear the case, or they'll come to their senses, and try to make up for whatever perceived injustice was done. Sometimes, it's just the attempt at making a thing right that makes all the difference in the world.

jms
08/09/2001, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately, the court will likely hear the case. A potential remedy for the defendants may be to counterclaim under the anti-slamming laws in NYS. Puts a little pressure on the Plaintiff.

JazzMan
11/23/2001, 11:57 AM
Have any of you ever heard of BB frauds!! Please....don't tell me you actually believe this!! This is the oldest scam in the book. The scam invloves a few people to get people to donate money to a defense fund in the name of saving the right of Bulletin Boarders all over!! Please do not fall for this. As a lawyer I can tell you that the judge will never hear the case. Please do not contribute to this phony legal defense fund. How did they get the names of the indviduals? How did they get the addresses? How did the serve them papers? These scams are all over the net!!!

Green Mariner
11/23/2001, 12:09 PM
Jim sorry to disagree with you but the court papers have been looked up on this case and it is a ligtimate case, filed by Pets Warehouse (not Pet Warehouse). Although I do not disagree with you on the fact that others are running scams like this.

JazzMan
11/23/2001, 12:16 PM
Where were the papers looked up and by whom? If its a legitimate case then that's too bad, but if not, then we are victim to the scam. Who looked up the case? Where did they look it up? If they looked it up online I wouldn't believe it. Do you know who verified it?

Green Mariner
11/23/2001, 05:25 PM
I can't seem to find the exact post that all the court docs were linked to, but see if this helps.
http://216.168.47.67/psw/Complaint.htm

MattM
11/23/2001, 08:56 PM
This conversation seems to be going on in two different threads, so I'll post here what I posted there...

------------------------------------

I don't think this is a scam.

1) The website does have a domain name. You can get there by going to http://petsforum.com/psw/ .

2) According to the Network Solutions WhoIs server, petsforum.com is registered to John Benn of Sheffield, Alabama.

3) Petsforum.com hosts the web sites for All-Glass Aquarium, Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Marineland, Two Little Fishies, and many others. This probably means two things: it is reputable, and it has a commercial look-and-feel.

3) This same John Benn is an attorney who voluteered to set up the defense fund and host the web site.

4) A quick check of the yellow pages shows:

Law Offices of John R. Benn & Associates
104 West Third Street
Sheffield, AL 35660

This address and the phone number checks with that posted on the web page.

5) I checked the web site for the Federal District Court of New York, Eastern District (http://www.nyed.uscourts.gov/index.html). The court docket is restricted access, but the judges named in the court docket section of the defense fund web site do exist in that court and have telephone numbers for their secretaries listed. It would be quite easy to confirm the case.

ranaman
11/23/2001, 09:22 PM
As one who in the past purchased plants from the vendor mentioned this was my experience. The plants are transhipped to you from the far-east. No problems so -far but they bill you for your entire order not for what you receive. If they had the 90% fill rate this might not that bad but when you don't get 50% of your order this is not good. I think I still have around $50 credit with them since I decided to quit while I was ahead. Just imagine if some on-line reef vendor told you he could supply all kinds of rare things but shipped you some blue damsels and that show big dollar fish wasn't shipped BUT YOU WERE CHARGED FOR IT. I'm sure that most people ordering from them weren't ordering Cambomba but like me wanted some odd-ball crypts.