PDA

View Full Version : Bi color Blennie

Kevin Williams
07/31/2001, 09:40 AM
Well, I posted last week about a new false perc clown infecting my tank with ick. I treated with garlic and selcon soaked foods. The clown only slowly got worse and I attempted a fresh water bath which was probably a little too late. He died one hour after the treatment. My blennie has not gotten infested with ick and I have begun the garlic treatment again. I don't think he will make it. He is impossible to catch as I was trying to move to q tank and treat with greenex. I am going to get a cleaner shrimp today. Do you think he will willingly take to the shrimp. Will this help that much. I think he is falling fast and I am very attached to this guy. His name is Benny the Blennie and he is my first saltwater fish so I will break my rock work down to catch him if I have too. Suggestions would be great

JohnL
07/31/2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Kevin Williams
I will break my rock work down to catch him if I have too.

I think that would be best.

Kevin Williams
07/31/2001, 04:23 PM
Just picked up my brand spanking new cleaner shrimp. Have any of you guys had experience with them? Do they really clean well?

billsreef
07/31/2001, 11:31 PM
Cleaner shrimp tend to be more interested in larger parasites such as fish lice and flukes, not ich which tends to be rather well imbedded in the fishes skin.

IMO the best bet is to do what it takes to remove that fish to quarantine and treat with either hyposalinity or copper, if it's not to late.