PDA

View Full Version : macro algae

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 01:39 PM
Hey does anyone have any macroalgae they need to get rid of (especially you guys with refugiums)?

My tang all of a sudden decided she wants to eat everything in sight, whereas previously she was getting thinner and thinner. So I am feeding her lots of the dried seaweed (red, brown, green, and purple). But I have been giving her live stuff when I can get it. No one seems to have it right now and I don't have a refugium. SOOOOO I was wondering if anyone has any macroalgae they'd wnt to give me.

So far she has eaten green caulerpa and what I believe was red gracilaria. But she devoured them both, so I am sure she would eat other kinds too.
Thanks!

Kennetht
02/03/2004, 02:11 PM
I have some that I am no longer using. I could bring it tomorrow. I'm going with mangroves instead of macro. It looks like caulperna to me....I got it with a copepod started culture.

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 02:52 PM
That would be great. Thanks.

stevensmd
02/03/2004, 03:56 PM
I feed my tang romaine lettuce every other day..he goes nuts for that stuff!

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 04:47 PM
good idea. But it's not super nutritious I have heard.

I am trying to fatten her up now that I have gotten her started eating really well. She is totally devouring the dried seaweed stuff, though she really seems to prefer red and also purple.

Kennetht
02/03/2004, 05:23 PM
I'll bag it up and bring it tomorrow.

imsqueak
02/03/2004, 07:30 PM
Mel,

I was looking at my sump this morning thinking it was time to chop some out. Your about 10min from me. If you ever need any more after Kenneth's runs out you can get some from me. It's green caulerpa. It's taking over some of the rocks in the sump too. I've heard that once it's estab on a rock it's about impossible to get rid of it. I can probably break the original rock in half and give it to you.

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 08:58 PM
Oh wow thanks Don.

This fish would probably decimate it in a couple of hours! hah hah.

I would like to come and get some maybe next week?

Thanks