PDA

View Full Version : just a test- posting pic

EvilMel
02/02/2004, 10:57 PM
Hey I just wanted to test and see if I could post a picture and have it look worth a crap. I figured no one here would mind.

So you can ignore it or not..

EvilMel
02/02/2004, 10:59 PM
And it came out really crappy.
I will try again!

EvilMel
02/02/2004, 11:04 PM
And again!

EvilMel
02/02/2004, 11:07 PM
Trying again.

EvilMel
02/02/2004, 11:12 PM
Ok so I freaking give up. I can not get this picture to post and look worth a shi*. uugh.

stevensmd
02/03/2004, 08:16 AM
looks like you are scaling it down a bit too much...try a larger pixel resolution..
dave

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah every time I try that it gets to be bigger than 51.2 kb.

I think I am giving up.

llpoolej
02/03/2004, 07:35 PM
Does your server have a website page?? I can link my pictures from my comcast server and post them directy onto the post, where they magically appear.

It is easier than fooling around with the size of them to post on RC

imsqueak
02/03/2004, 07:48 PM
Hi Mel, I was using one of the recommended resizers on RC and it never did well. I finally decided to try the other and found it easier and now I dont have to ask Joe to resize for me. It's http://www.mihov.com/eng/

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah my server probably also has the capability to put it on the web, but I just didn't want to get into all that. You know?

I am just too busy trying to figure out things all day to screw with other stuff at night too. I guess that sounds wierd, but really the work I do during the day (and at night) takes a ton of brain power, which I am low on. hah hah.

imsqueak
02/03/2004, 10:40 PM
Oh, do I know about not wanting to use brain power when I get home. Dont think after you grad you will not be doing the same. It's just the difference in terms of ability to study and learn/pass~highest possible, and ability to preform/get advancement. This is where my tank comes in handy. Mind relief! Golf is for the relief where hitting something comes in handy. 2 darn expensive hobbies but I'm using brain power to support them! Cyclical effect...

I have comcast and havent figured out the photo locker or web site builder yet myself. Not important enough yet. I got 1 uploaded, but cant find it. Thats as far as I've got in 3-4 attemps. I'll just call them when it gets important and have them walk me thru it (I hope).

Have you been to the photo section of RC under special interests? they have posting tips and some really cool pics ~ see other people's tanks and coolest pics.

EvilMel
02/03/2004, 10:54 PM
No I have not checked that. I will sometime later on.

Just being in graduate school wasn't actually that bad for me, it's the writing of my dissertation that is pure hell. It's very difficult for people to understand (as I am sure it is difficult for me to understand how much brain power it takes for you guys' jobs), but it takes every single ounce of thought I have every day and some nights.

But it will be over soon and yes I do believe I will have more time then. Atleast until I get a job, then who knows.

Sir Knight
02/04/2004, 01:51 AM
Mel,
If you like, You can send me the pictures via email, I would be happy to resize them for you
:beer:

EvilMel
02/04/2004, 08:11 AM
Oh wow that would be great Joe.

Sir Knight
02/04/2004, 11:37 AM
Mel,
Here is the resized and cropped picture of your fish
This one wasn't easy
:bounce1: :bounce3: :bounce2:

stevensmd
02/04/2004, 01:15 PM
that looks great.

EvilMel
02/04/2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks Joe. Can you send that to me?

Mel

Sir Knight
02/04/2004, 04:00 PM
Mel,
Just sent it. Check your email

Pandarian
02/04/2004, 05:42 PM
i see the pics from your first 3 posts fine. were those your old green banded gobies?

EvilMel
02/04/2004, 07:58 PM
This was a couple of years ago when I had 7 of them. The picture is of the two that I think might have been spawning. I noticed some definate mating behaviors in them.

They were so awesome! I am sooo glad I have them again.

If anyone wants to know I lost the others to a horrendous ich outbreak (only one I have ever had in any tank I have owned). So if your tank is around 80 deg warm all the time, do not let someone send you catalina gobies as a replacement for neon gobies (especially if you don't know that they are cold water fish).

The catalina gobies got really stressed one day when we forgot to turn on the air conditioner and they all went down hill fast, causing a major ich outbreak in the process.