PDA

View Full Version : Heteractis Magnifica questions

edsreef
07/30/2001, 11:35 AM
I am literally on the verge of getting rid of my anemone. I found a store that will take him in trade and have been preparing for moving him. I have him hosting a maroon/gold clown and I hate to tear them apart. I have half of my tank dedicated to the magnifica right now and it still doesn't seem to be enough. I've had him for a few months and he hasn't moved much but when he did one day, I suddenly had to re-arrange my entire tank to accomodate him. If his tentacles come in contact with a coral he will kill them, won't he? He's so large that tentacle-to-polyp contact is unavoidable when he moves. Is he the potential slow creeping death that I perceive him to be or am I just being overly cautious? Need answers very soon, please.

firechild
07/31/2001, 03:18 AM
If he likes to move...get rid of him. Unless he is the 'prize peice' in your tank then it is not worth the risk to your corals.

sonar
08/04/2001, 10:25 AM
edsreef,
All Ritteris will move until they find their sweet spot, usually up high in some current with as much light as they can get. If possible you could place a large flat piece of liverock ion that type of area, it would probably settle there if the conditions are suitable. As far as a danger to your corals! Ritteris dont like getting stung any more than your corals. I have one right next to my galaxy, and they aren't any worse for wear. If you you truely need to get rid of it, let me know I'll trade some nice Xenias for him.
swhitt@pacbell.netmy site with contact info. (http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/vquestswhitt/MARS/index_fs.html)

Sonar