PDA

View Full Version : ?? LFS info

dlwsgirl
01/29/2004, 04:25 PM
Went to a the store today and they told me that I shouldn't waste my money on a rose tip anemone because it will turn into a green carpet over time. Is this even possible???

Michelle

Jim in santa barbara
01/29/2004, 04:31 PM
cool, maybe my damsels will turn into flame angels. seriously, the LFS person should be gagged and never allowed to speak again. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Zepplin
01/29/2004, 05:45 PM
What store was that?! No, your anemone will remain the same anemone, it may change color some, but won't morph species.

On a side note, please consider not getting an anemone. Or if you must get one, please please PLEASE do plenty of research first. Might i suggest <a href=http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf target=_blank>Anemone FAQ</a>

Dan

dlwsgirl
01/29/2004, 06:59 PM
Zeppelin,

MV told my husband that. Another friend has since told us that what Mark meant was that a rose tip will lose its color and look like a green bubble tip.

My husband REALLY wants a rose anemone and we found some small ones at Ecco-Reef in Zeeland for $135. Reef Shop also has a large one that my husband thinks is $175. We are converting from a 20g to a 90g and would like an anemone for the clowns. We bought a black clown from Pruess and inhereted a Clarkii with the 90g tank, who is bedding in my xenia now because we do not have any anemones.

I will have my husband look at anemone FAQ before we make any purchase, thanks for the info.

Zepplin
01/29/2004, 07:07 PM
Ok, yea, Mark definately meant it would possibly lose it's color. What lights do you have?

Dan

dlwsgirl
01/29/2004, 07:15 PM
In the 20g, I just have a 175 MH right now. Luat is helping us set up the big tank and he is recommeniding 400 watt dual MH and 4 actinics.

Currently we have green star polyps, xenia, Christmas tree worms w/ porites, sun coral, montipora digitata (pink and brown), orange and green ricordia, few other shrooms, colt coral or Kenya branch (not sure which), moon brain coral, zoos, sponge, frogspawn, candy cane coral, psyllipora (sp?), acropora, toadstool leather, and some new stuff we can't figure out what it is.

ofblong
01/29/2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by dlwsgirl
Zeppelin,

MV told my husband that. Another friend has since told us that what Mark meant was that a rose tip will lose its color and look like a green bubble tip.

My husband REALLY wants a rose anemone and we found some small ones at Ecco-Reef in Zeeland for $135. Reef Shop also has a large one that my husband thinks is $175. We are converting from a 20g to a 90g and would like an anemone for the clowns. We bought a black clown from Pruess and inhereted a Clarkii with the 90g tank, who is bedding in my xenia now because we do not have any anemones.

I will have my husband look at anemone FAQ before we make any purchase, thanks for the info.

you can get them right now at www.coralsandbar.com for $100 shipped. He has some really nice zoos and from what I understand he sells alot of rose's.